shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elaine2

Rough_Rock
Hello, I''m a newbie, but lurker. I lost my ering and band 3 days ago. We think my 2y son flushed them down the toilet. My ering was a 1 ct princess, SI1, G-H. Have other specs if interested. I was in my early 20''s when I got engaged. My husband a student. We found this ring at a KAy''s 11 years ago, it was 3000, and appraised for 6000. It was such a great find for us. It may not have been the best cut, but we loved it. I''m heart broken. Needless to say, I think I need a new ring. At least a new band for now. I''m looing for a pave band, that looks substantial. Probably won''t get a replacement ering till our 10 year. Can I get some referrals to a few sites/vendors

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 1:19:26 AM
Author:elaine2
Hello, I''m a newbie, but lurker. I lost my ering and band 3 days ago. We think my 2y son flushed them down the toilet. My ering was a 1 ct princess, SI1, G-H. Have other specs if interested. I was in my early 20''s when I got engaged. My husband a student. We found this ring at a KAy''s 11 years ago, it was 3000, and appraised for 6000. It was such a great find for us. It may not have been the best cut, but we loved it. I''m heart broken. Needless to say, I think I need a new ring. At least a new band for now. I''m looing for a pave band, that looks substantial. Probably won''t get a replacement ering till our 10 year. Can I get some referrals to a few sites/vendors

Hopefully it was insured, which would replace your loss.

In the meantime. call a plumber. Sometimes rings can get into toilet trap, and can be "rescued".

Rockdoc

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh YIKES! That *is* heartbreaking! Maybe maybe maybe they''ll still turn up!! Ya gotta bribe that little cutie to start talking -- candy?? I remember a few stories around here where rings do turn up, in the darndest place ... kids TRADED rings to friends ...all sorts of stuff. I''ll keep hope alive!

Date: 5/14/2007 1:19:26 AM
Author:elaine2
Can I get some referrals to a few sites/vendors

If you do end up needing a new set -- or a 10th anniversary present ANYWAY
2.gif
... plenty of people on Pscope will be more than willing to help!

Good places to start:

1) What geographical area do you live -- that might affect which vendors would be most convenient if you want to visit or look in person.

2) Same shape & size? Thinking of trying something new??

3) General budget

Welcome to Pricescope -- hope those sparkly babies show up, but that you stick around for anniversary baubles anyhoo!

elaine2

Rough_Rock
No insurance, at the time of purchase we thought it was a waste of money. we were so stupid then.

Even after 3-4 days you think there maybe hope?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 1:29:20 AM
Author: elaine2
Stranger things have happened! Don''t know how extensive the searches have been yet -- or how sneaky your toddler is!
2.gif

Have you tried the plumber route yet?

It all must be very upsetting & frustrating though! If you want a new band asap -- Facets has some pretty eternity bands - that could be used as a stand alone "anniversary" band even IF the other set turns up.

Win - Win!

There are plenty of other Pscope vendors too: Whiteflash, Good Old Gold, James Allen ... I''m sleepy or I''d name more. For "reference" you can either wait for people to post their experience here or type any company you want to research into the Search bar & read threads that come up.

elaine2

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 1:26:35 AM
Author: decodelighted
Good places to start:

1) What geographical area do you live -- that might affect which vendors would be most convenient if you want to visit or look in person.

2) Same shape & size? Thinking of trying something new??

3) General budget

Welcome to Pricescope -- hope those sparkly babies show up, but that you stick around for anniversary baubles anyhoo!
Well, I''m in SoCal. I''m thinking I need a quality and size upgrade. Would love to get a 3 stone, but still open to ideas, want something with extra diamonds. My original ring was a tiffany set with plane gold band. I know a 3 stone maybe out of my range. I''m really looking for something that has fire and brilliance. My general budget is 10,000.

Thanks for the symapthy.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
No insurance, at the time of purchase we thought it was a waste of money. we were so stupid then.

Possibly, I''m not a plumber - so I don''t know. I''d think it would depend on your system. I know sinks and toilets have traps.

However, it could be pricey as I think the toilet has to be unbolted from the floor, and if you have more than one maybe all of them have to be lifted.

Do you have a cat or a dog? Dogs have been known to eat rings, takes a day or two to pass through but can be found, although not much of a pleasant job to do.

Cats are "famous" for taking shiny objects and hiding them.

A good way to hunt for diamonds is to turn the lights out in each room and use a strong flashlight. The light will make the diamond''s sparkle stand out. Perhaps it just is under something. Look behind cushions in car and sofa too.

Rockdoc

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would definitely check with a plumber first - people have found jewelry in the sink trap years later!

laplacz

Rough_Rock
There are several great vendors off that are spoke of highly on this site. I just had a a great experience Mark Turnowski at Engagement Rings Direct. Others have had wonderfull experiennces with other vendors. This site has pleanty of vendor info for you to make your decision. Read up and ask questions, you certainly will not fall into bad hands.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yup. Many years ago, my son "found" a piece of my jewellery and put it in a toy "toilet". I found it months later while cleaning up. Recently, a freinds three year old took her rings from the counter and put them in the pantry--among the spices. Don''t give up hope--and do check with a plumber first. Good luck!

cheers--Sharon

bboy1977

Rough_Rock
Definately call a plumber. They use video cameras now to search the pipes. My aunt lost her wedding ring and her plumber found it in the pipes connecting the house to the city drainage network.

ML2014

Rough_Rock
You might also want to check under your base boards or radiators. I have a friend whose daughter picked up her rings in the bathroom, dropped them, and they rolled under her baseboard. Good luck!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I once thought my keys were lost and frantically looked for over an hour. I finally asked my two year old daughter if she knew where mommy''s keys were. She promptly walked over to her toy car, opened the seat and handed me the keys!

Then, 2 years later, as if I should have learned this lesson already...searched for the better part of the afternoon for my keys...finally asked my 2 year old second daughter, "where''s mommy''s keys?" Yep, you guessed it. Same pink car with the "trunk." She walked over, opened it up, and handed me my keys.

There was a gap of 6 years between our middle and third daughter. We still had that pink car, but there was no way she was getting anywhere near my keys!

I''d ask your two year old a couple of times, catching him in different moods about "mommy''s rings". He might remember just where he put them!

And if he''s already indicated the toilet, I''d at least unbolt it and do a search. They are easy to unbolt from the floor. It''s also worth calling a plumber just to see if he can locate them with the snake cam. I''d do it quick before anymore flushing or movement in the pipes occurs.

Good luck, I hope you find them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results