shape
carat
color
clarity

lost ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

heartbroken

Rough_Rock
I just got engaged and my finance and I went to his parent for the weekend to jet ski. We had an accident and both of us where thrown of the jet ski. During the accident somehow my engagement ring came off. Never to be found again, somewhere at the bottom of the river. I'm devastated and don't know what to do we're getting married in less than a week and can't afford to purchase another ring. Is there any policy with my insurance ageny that will cover this sort of accident.

sma1213

Rough_Rock
Oh, I'm so sorry! Have you called the insurance company to ask?Try not to let this disappointment put a big damper on you wedding. Get married with a plain band, put your focus this week on each other and your last minute wedding preparations, and ENJOY this time. What's going to happen with the ring and insurance company is going to happen - don't let the memories of this week be overshadowed by fretting over it - remember, as much as we all love our pet rocks, it's just a thing. Things can be replaced. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! ------------------
Stephanie

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi...sorry you lost your ring.
crying.gif
I gather you didn't have the ring separately insured either with a jewelry insurance policy or a rider on your homeowner's or renter's policy. That would have meant submitting an appraisal and paying an additional premium.If you have regular homeowner's or renter's insurance, your ring may be covered up to $1000. Check that out with your insurance company.Good luck and don't let this spoil the wedding...you can replace the ring in time.
smile.gif

rokhunter

Rough_Rock
have you considered getting a diver to scour the river bottom. seriously, i would... especially if the water is slow... i have found all sorts of jewelery on the bottom of lakes and rivers!i wish that you had insured your ring with chubb. i recently did. for a 10,000 ring, the annual premium in my area of the US is ~$130. they offer a lump sum disbursement for the value of the insured item (no replacment ring BS like most home insurers offer!)!
good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results