shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost ring - arrgh

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hartntexas

Rough_Rock
I''m SO sad as I have "misplaced" an heirloom which I have owned for almost 25 Yrs. My now decd. grandmother''s sapphire and diamond ring is missing and I''m completely LOST without it. I need everyone out there to send some good karma my way. I last recall wearing it on the 10th of Sept. and took it off right before going to work out because I don''t like wearing when I use weights in fear it will scratch the platinum shank. Thanks to growing up in the 70''s with numerous robberies in our neighborhood I have always been a little paranoid about leaving nice things in sight. So...this time I decided to switch from the usual "hiding places" and must have placed in a VERY obscure location....
Any suggestions out there as I have literally torn-up my house?~ - it''s the only thing I have ever coveted (first mistake) in my life and had planned to give this to our daughter when she''s grown.
33.gif

DSC_0221.JPG

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What a beautiful ring! I hope you find it... Hopefully it''s sitting somewhere safe and watching you walk about looking for it - like a cat
2.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no
7.gif

Were you working out at home? Sometimes little things can wind up in the strangest of places - have you checked under even immobile chairs/tables, and wall/carpet boundaries? Fridge/Freezer, microwave, fruit bowl, cupboards if you had a pre-workout snack?

I don''t want to say it, but if you''ve got any pets in that area of your house you might want to get them checked out too.

Sending you good luck dust!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck.

Ya, check out the pets. If they are acting funny, constipated... Or check their stash of toys.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
It''s a wonderful ring. I''d be upset, too. If it''s in your house, you will most likely find it. I''ve done the same thing -- changed hiding places for things and then forgotten where the new hiding place is. The only thing that works for me is to recreate my steps and thinking process when I hid something.

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
Didn''t someone recently find a lost ring in a container of jewelry cleaner?

Good luck!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My trick for finding things is to literally act out what I would have been doing the last time I saw it. Not just what I *remember* doing, but the whole pattern of what I *would have* been doing. I''ve actually helped friends find things like that in apartments I''ve never even seen ... so if you were in your bedroom getting ready, think: would you have slipped it into your underwear drawer? Behind some books on your bookshelf? Inside a container of something? Just keep searching the vicinity you were in, and it''ll turn up - good luck!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been in your shoes, hartntexas. In fact, one of the pieces I once thought I''d lost is my grandmother''s ring, very similar in style to the ring you are looking for. I found it in the closet of the guestroom, of all places, in a bag of arts and crafts materials. Another time, I hid my diamond earrings and a matching heirloom pendant, because my house was on the market, and didn''t want to leave anything valuable within reach during showings. I was crazy to stick it in the bag I did, and very lucky I didn''t donate that bag to goodwill during the move. It came with us, but it was months before I came across that bag, and surprise! There was my jewelry.
I think sara and circe''s advice is best. Try literally retracing your steps that day. It just may trigger your memory. I hope so!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2009 7:48:34 PM
Author: KaeKae
I think sara and circe's advice is best. Try literally retracing your steps that day. It just may trigger your memory. I hope so!
Exactly. My father tells the story of losing my mother's e-ring. He was taking it to the jeweler's to be repaired, but it wasn't in his pocket when he arrived. Somewhat panicked, he retraced his steps. He had made a visit to the hospital on his way to the jewelers. He went back into the hospital, retraced his steps, came back out the door, down the sidewalk, remembered that he had taken his handkerchief out of his pocket after several steps, stopped and looked down in the grass next to the sidewalk, and there lay my mother's e-ring. It had flown out of his pocket when he took out the handkerchief. Whew!!!! Was he ever happy!
1.gif

I hope you find your ring soon.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a very similiar situation when I lost a Tanzanite ring. First off- try to relax because you WILL find the ring. Just a matter of time. After you have relaxed a bit- follow up on all the suggestions your subconscious mind sent you. Good luck!

Lisa

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no... I hope you find it! Its a beautiful ring. I lost an ID bracelet my mother made especially for me and I retraced my steps eventhough it was dark at night and I had been walking home from the grocery store. I called the grocery store and I called everyone I saw that day to see it they had found it.In the end it was lost forever and I bawled for a week.

(((HUGS)))

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Check places that are just out of sight above you.

My BF lost his wallet for about two weeks because it was out of sight on a ledge just above eye level.

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
I know the feeling! I lost a beautiful heirloom ring and haven''t found it yet
39.gif
I KNOW it''s in my house, but WHERE?
38.gif

Hmmm...places I "hide" things...

In the drawer with the toothbrushes
With the plastic lids in the kitchen
In "storage" bins for winter clothes, stuffed animals etc.
In my car (okay, so I actually lost a diamond this way. It was hidden in my car when I was hit on the interstate. I went to the hospital, the totaled car went to the tow shop and when I cleaned out the car my Ipod and loose diamond was missing - thank god those were the only losses of the accident aside from my car) - so this isn''t a good hiding spot!
In the fridge behind the egg carton but NOT in it
And, the most obvious where I ALWAYS lose things - in the jewelry box!
9.gif

I hope you find it!
35.gif

ct-appr

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Turn out the lights and search the house with a penlight. It''s a lot easier to pick up the sparkle.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
I took my rings off to go to the gym and put them inside a little pocket of my purse. There was a tiny hole in the lining and they fell into it, and were floating around between the leather and the satin lining. Just a thought!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry!! I hope you can relax, retrace your exact steps and find it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results