shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost Newbie - Help with Legit Online Jeweler?

equeue

Rough_Rock
Hello All --

I've been hunting online for a respectable online jeweler for a peach or pad sapphire in pear or oval as an engagement ring in 14K rose gold. Preference is halo for the center stone and plain band.

I've been to websites for Blue Nile, TNSC, BE, Helzberg, LaurenB, Etsy, Gemvara, Miadonna ... it's been exhausting! :oops2:

The issue is: the online stores direct to customer sales all get questionable reviews, too expensive or, the designs are meh.

I like the variety on Etsy but after a while it's clear that many have the same settings and I do not know how to validate the legitimacy of the diamonds.

The direct to customer stores all have scary stories after doing some digging. The most reputable seem to be LaurenB or Gemvara but they are both pricey with sapphires.

Any help?

{apologies if this was long winded]

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want help finding a stone/setting/ring, you can post your budget for the stone and setting, your hopes for size and maybe a few pictures of the colors you like for the pad and the kind of setting you have in mind. PS member will post some options for you.

Good vendors - If you go back to the main Colored Stone Board, there is a sticky thread at the top with reputable vendors.

I'll start you off. These were posted for another member, but they went in another direction - colorwise.
https://jupitergem.com/padparadscha-sapphire-1-43-carat-unheated-grs-certified-1979/

Pale peachy pink, 6.5 x 5.4 x 4.1 mm
http://www.earthstreasury.com/product/1-14-carat-light-peach-pink-montana-sapphire/

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There is a list of approved vendors posted in this forum. You could purchase a gem from one of them and have your local or an Etsy jeweler set it for you. If you post your budget for the stone and setting I am sure some helpful PSers may be able to locate a lovely sapphire for you. Good luck in your search.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results