shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost in the mail

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
My Bespoke Gems Carnelian was sent on january 11. Last known track it was leaving Brisbane for the US on january 13. USPS has never received it. Australia Post has not found it. I contacted Doug well over a week ago. He said he would try to see if AP can track what happened. I have not heard from him with an update. I contacted AP myself three days ago and have had only an automated response.

So as consolation, yesterday I got the ruby pair from gemtrader's new drop!

Meanwhile, I am expecting, maybe even today, a few little crunchberries in the post! :naughty:

It's not really threadjacking if it is my thread, more like just rambling, but here is a finished project!

mini dumbells for mini workouts!

_3672.jpg

rubypair.png

dum.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
And some very serious dumbells for very serious workouts

dumdumdum.jpg

dumdumdumdum.jpg

whatsyourpoint.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Give it time for the Carnelian VL. It's not uncommon to take weeks and weeks. I hope it's not lost. Mind you, I like your consolation gift to yourself! I considered those as well. Lovely choice.

As for the dumbells - errrrrrr, I'm a little bemused? What the heck are the purple ones?

Threadjack - did you see my thread about Roger's alex cab?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Just checked it out LD, thanks!

Disturbing a little how the wood looks like meat?
It is actually camphor burl and came to me as one piece. It was too big to fit under my bandsaw so I had to cut it all by hand. The handles are Ceylon Satinwood.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So VL, what have you done for Murray lately? That's the look on his face I see...like "Dad, get over the wood stuff and make me something good like a meatloaf."

Good for you for scoring the rubies. Hope the carnelian turns up post haste.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Murry looks like he already HAD a meatloaf!

Minous where have you been???

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's only been a month so I've give it another 2 weeks. I like the purple ones although the sharp corners look dangerous. It reminds me more of the Asian variety of purple yams.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
no sharp corners they are all chamfered, much like the edges on the missing carnelian. Chamfered Camphor. The little ones are nearly 2 inches long! the big ones are 18.46 and 18.52 pounds respectively

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the wood looks like marble actually!

Bless Murry - he looks really fed up with you! :lol: You can almost hear him thinking "forget about taking pictures of wood, just get me out there so I can play"!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both sets are lovely, though I like soft edges and would love to play with the little guys. Plus metaphorically, that's about what I can lift these days :lol:

I was away in the wilds of Arizona (way out in the desert near the Mexican border - me and about a gazillion border patrol!) visiting my older son. Let's just say I sent him away for "safekeeping" and leave it at that :wink2:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fingers crossed it shows up eventually. Love the weights! (I thought purple cabbage :lol: ) And the little ruby pair - nice consolation prize!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VL, you've probably heard me say this before, but my beloved next door neighbors, my brothers from another mother, had two pugs, Fester and Gomez. If you are any self-respecting US-raised child of the sixties, which I know you are, then you know the reference. Gomez, God rest his soul, died suddenly a few years back, but Fester is going strong. He was a black meatloaf, but now in his senior years (going on 15), he has turned quite dashingly silverish.

I swear he is an alien in pug's clothing. I could tell because he would come to my back door and stare in, clearly beaming back all the information to the mothership. Eventually, new technology replaced him and they just left him on this planet. For a while, he thought he was still beaming information back, but *I think* he's figured out now that he is expected to live out his golden years here on earth so his focus has pretty much turned to food. Okay, it was always focused on food, as his mission appeared to have been to find out what humans eat and try to replicate that diet...

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1360777174|3379197 said:
VL, you've probably heard me say this before, but my beloved next door neighbors, my brothers from another mother, had two pugs, Fester and Gomez. If you are any self-respecting US-raised child of the sixties, which I know you are, then you know the reference. Gomez, God rest his soul, died suddenly a few years back, but Fester is going strong. He was a black meatloaf, but now in his senior years (going on 15), he has turned quite dashingly silverish.

I swear he is an alien in pug's clothing. I could tell because he would come to my back door and stare in, clearly beaming back all the information to the mothership. Eventually, new technology replaced him and they just left him on this planet. For a while, he thought he was still beaming information back, but *I think* he's figured out now that he is expected to live out his golden years here on earth so his focus has pretty much turned to food. Okay, it was always focused on food, as his mission appeared to have been to find out what humans eat and try to replicate that diet...

Absolutely hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD|1360783154|3379296 said:
minousbijoux|1360777174|3379197 said:

Absolutely hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol:

VL should know by now that any mention of Murray or any photos of him have me completely losing the thread of the topic - unless, of course, it was about Murray to begin with! So sorry, VL, to threadjack your thread but its really and truly your fault :praise:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
LOL, Minou. Murray looks like he wants the mother ship to come pick him up!

Snazzy dumbells, though.

--- Laurie

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Aww! What a cute puppy!

Does he have a jewelled dog collar? :)

Love the ruby pair. Hope the lost package arrives to your doorstep safely.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
VL , you are killing me with those purple hand weights! What exactly do you do with them? For a minute I thought they were the new novelty beanbag chairs. :Up_to_something: Murray looks like he's shaking his head looking at them.

I hope your carnelian turns up soon!

Minous, love your alien pug story! :lol: I have three yellow labs, and they sure do have that "look into my eyes and you will do my bidding..." stare.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Any news?

What are you plans for the carnelian?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
No news either from Aussie Post directly or from Doug about his attempts to get an explanation from AP. Since January 15, USPS tracking has said only, " Your Item's Status: We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece. "

As for what to do with it if it ever gets here I am pondering carving an itaglio into each side and setting in a pendant or ring with pivoting axis.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It irks me when USPS does not update the tracking status. There are often times when I've already received the packaged but the online status is still stuck as in transit. :nono: I do hope it'll get to you in another week.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results