shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost Earring....FINALLY found...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi All....can I vent?

I have AGED in the last three days (shocking because I'm already old...) and I wanted to share my horror story.

Three days ago I was late, and in a rush to leave for a party. I was madly putting on my jewelry, which was in the little dish where I put it when I'm home. I grabbed my bracelet and heard the noise: one of my new (to me) antique OMC earrings, apparently stuck on the bracelet went flying...I knew not where.

To make a long sad story short, I went three days without finding it! I covered every inch of that room on my hands and knees with a flashlight, moved all the furniture, moved and completely dismantled a big book case, went through the trash, sifted through the ashes in the fireplace....no luck. I even 'frisked' my big shaggy velcro-haired dog several times!!

I've been just sick about it.

Yesterday the gal that cleans my house came and she and I tore the room apart again. No luck. I had to leave...really depressed. An hour later I got a phone call. The housekeeper had given up "looking" and then miraculously found it while dusting!!!!! It was sort of under/behind the TV set..where we'd both looked several times before.

I just had to share this...I hadn't told anyone yet of the loss. I'm still walking around the house in shock! Bleah!
14.gif

MORAL: NEVER NEVER hurry when your're putting on your jewelry!!!
20.gif

Thanks!
widget

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Thank goodness you found it! What a relief!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that''s good it was found!! Isn''t that the worst feeling?? Ughh.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear you found your earring widget. It is very frustrating when you know it is there, somewhere, but you just can''t put your fingers on it!
26.gif

Heather

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
trick to finding lost gemstones.

very bright flashlight.
shut off lights and block windows.
look high/look low
stand up and look then get down on floor and look.
pick up stuff and shake.

When all else fails that will usualy work.

Last time I dropped a garnet it took me 5 minutes using this to find it and I also found 3 one dollar bills and $2.53 in change and 3 boxes of ammo :}
and a lot of dust :{

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You must be so relieved - I am glad you found it!

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
widget,

I am so glad you found your earring. I once dropped a .40 carat Princess stud down the bathroom sink. I thought I had plugged it up. By the time I realized my mistake, too much water had gone down the pipes. I guess the stud is somewhere in my septic field--yuchhhh!!! At least you found yours. My insurance company was not happy with me.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
LOL - "frisked the dog" !!!! Poor puppy!

I''m glad you found it! Phew - what a relief!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everybody. Although I knew it had to be in that room somewhere, I had really started to get frightened that it had somehow ''migrated'' away to parts unknown...
Author: strmrdr

Last time I dropped a garnet it took me 5 minutes using this to find it and I also found 3 one dollar bills and $2.53 in change and 3 boxes of ammo :}
and a lot of dust :{
Isn''t THAT the truth!!! I can''t even mention what I discovered behind my bookcase.
20.gif
14.gif

widget

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Widget, I''m so glad you found it!!
36.gif

I''ve been in that situation before (fortunately though, the earrings were just CZs). I fumbled with the earring and dropped it onto the carpet in my bedroom. I heard it bounce, and it just *disappeared.* At first I was just like, "Now I have to bend down to pick it up! Argh!!" But then I realized I really couldn''t find it! I really didn''t care about losing the CZ earring. I was more concerned that my curious cat with find it and decide to eat it! So there I was crawling on the ground, searching a larger and larger radius around where I was standing when I dropped it. I still couldn''t find it! I even took the other earring and put it on the carpet so I could see what it would look like LOL. I finally found it about an hour later, but not before a lot of aggravation and maybe a curse word or two
2.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, Widget! I''m so glad you found your earring!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
You must have felt awful and how could you replace one of those beautiful omcs?? The good news was that at least it had to be somewhere in that room [or the dog ate it!]. So, so happy that you found it. Now relax and think about that beautiful ring you will have in your possession in just a few days!

I had a scare myself yesterday. We were at my inlaws and I absentmindedly felt my wrist and discovered to my horror that my diamond bracelet was not in it''s usual place! All the rest of my jewelry was, but not my bracelet. Now that diamond bracelet is always on my wrist. After the first wave of heart thumping, gut wrenching sickness passed I told my husband. The only reason I remained semi calm was that we had been up at 5 am taking in 4 feral cats to be "fixed". My only hope was that I had forgotten to put it on and sure enough, there it was in my jewelry box.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Thank goodness you found it! I know that is so frustrating when you KNOW is is there . . . somewhere . . . but you just can''t see it. Big kudos to the cleaning lady who saved the day.
36.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Sick is the only word to describe the feeling when one of these things is lost...

Catmom, speaking of sick and bracelets, right now my DIL is suffering. She had a tiny delicate diamond bracelet that she wore only for dressup, and this week discovered in horror that it had disappeared off her arm....she guesses it had become unclasped putting on or taking off her coat. She's called the place she was at, checked Craig's List L&F, and even might run an add in the paper. She described the exact same "empty arm" sick feeling.

Lesson here, PUT SAFETY CHAINS ON YOUR BRACELETS!!!!

'Lil....Aida (the cleaning lady) was SO CUTE!! I swear she was as excited as I was! We were both jumping up and down, hugging, etc. Yesterday I found a sweet pair of leverback bezeled amethyst earrings (her Bday is Feb) to give her as a teeny token of appreciation.

Whew! Merry Xmas, everyone!

widget

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, Widget, I do hope fervently that your DIL finds her bracelet. I hope where she is at is not like here with tons of snow. If lost here it may not be found until spring! Did she have on gloves at all? it may have gotten caught on her gloves. Did she have them and then take them off in the car? Keeping my fingers crossed that it is found.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Widget! I just had a scare myself over the weekend!

My daughter, who is almost 3, loves "looking" at my jewelry. I had just picked up my 5 stone diamond band from the jeweler''s b/c I had the rhodium plating removed and had it restored to its original yellow gold color. My daughter was sitting on my lap holding my hand when she noticed my ring. She asked if she could see it. Then she asked if she could hold it. Since I was right there I said OK....big mistake.

The phone rang and I got up to answer it. I then started doing some housework when I realized my ring was not on my finger. About an hour had passed from the time I let my daughter hold it. I asked her nicely where my ring was. She said she put it in her fire truck. Well, my almost 2 year old son was now playing with the truck, and the ring was not on it. I started searching all over the floor when I had this sick feeling in my stomach. My son has the very bad habit of putting things down the air vent on the floor. Usually it is things like cookies or crackers, but I had the horrible feeling he put my ring down there. How on earth would I find it if it was down the vent? I couldn''t call the furnace company and have them check it out on the weekend, so I figured I would call them in the morning. I didn''t mention this to DH as he would have a complete fit.

A few hours later I went past my dresser and saw my ring sitting on top of it! The dresser is too high for my daughter to reach, plus she isn''t allowed upstairs by herself, so I was wondering how it got there. My DH then came in and said he found my ring on the fire truck! He asked if I let our daughter hold it; of course I couldn''t deny it!
emembarrassed.gif
I was busted...needless to say, I am not going to let her hold my jewelry again, or else I won''t answer the phone if she is!
emwink.gif

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Widget,

It must have been awful for you while your earring was missing. Glad to hear you found it eventually. I have misplaced my jewelry lots of times. It would drive me crazy every time. I would look all over the house, searched the safe deposit boxes several times and not find the missing piece. I have even taken apart vacuum cleaner bags! Usually, I find it eventually at an unexpected hiding place that I forgot about.
By the way, what happened to your gorgeous ruby ring? Is it done yet? Please post pictures. I am dying to see how it turned out.

AN

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: Art Nouveau

By the way, what happened to your gorgeous ruby ring? Is it done yet? Please post pictures. I am dying to see how it turned out
Hi, AN...would you believe I don''t have it yet???
23.gif

I think what happened is that because of the long absence of their main setter, they were backlogged on all their Christmas orders, and mine got pushed back to the end of the line.

The good news is that Larry called today and said it should be done tomorrow or Friday! Yippee!
3.gif

Now I''m getting nervous in anticipation of seeing it. He thinks it''s spectacular, which now has me worrying that it will be "too too"....oh dear...
32.gif

I''ll definitely post pics when I get it..

widget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results