shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost Diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Emrldforher

Rough_Rock
Morning, everyone. Been a long time since I''ve been on, but looks like the forum is thriving! I purchased an emerald cut (go figure, hence my screen name) diamond with four quadrillions (two each side) for the setting about 3 1/2 years ago.

To get to the punchline quickly, my wife called me on Friday night to inform that one of the side stones had fallen out (absolutely no idea where). So, I had her take it to a jeweler (she was out of town) to make sure the other diamonds were not loose. They wanted to put a princess cut in, but I want to make sure it matches as close as possible, so I''m holding out.

So, now to the question. Anyone have some ideas on where to get a side quadrillion, about .2 cts (3.71mm), G color and VS clarity? I''m also trying to decide if I make an insurance claim. Since I purchased the side stones and had the ring made all in one price, I don''t recall the individual price of the side stones!

On a positive note, we are travelling to Santa Barbara (where I went to college) in a few weeks and I may just try to contact Ambar directly to see what they can do.

I guess part of this is a lesson. I should have made sure that we checked the ring at least every six months to make sure nothing was loose.

Sorry for the long post. Hope everyone is doing well!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I would speak to the insurance company and see what the stimate would be on the sidestone, although I would hope maybe your appraisal paperwork may have something on that.

Definately get your rings checked ever 6 months!

Try contacting Ambar at 1 800 223-3374. to see where to closest retailer is. See if they can replace it, and see if your insurance can fund it. Get a second appraisal perhaps with a breakdown of the individual stones' replacement, if you didn't originally have it, and every 6 months, get it cleaned and checked! Enjoy and good luck!/idealbb/images/smilies/wavey.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure - but - If your entire ring is scheduled, then common sense would dicate that the side stone would be replaced. I would let the insurance company know & ask a course of action. It would be great if you could have an alternate plan before you talk - but often their is a time limit on reporting loss.

The only caveat - will they cancel your policy or increase your premiums because of the claim. As, if it's a small loss, it may be prudent to just do it out of pocket. I'm not sure how scheduled jewelry loss is handled - but car insurance can be cancelled w/ one claim - or they may put you in a high risk catagory.

Either way, sorry for the loss. I do remember you. Sorry you came back with unhappy news.

Emrldforher

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. Quick update. I did speak to the insurance company and they will replace if I want. Need to decide by Friday if I want to make a claim. I'd like to get an idea of a replacement cost before I decide on filing. May just suck it up and pay myself. So far, not getting a reply from Ambar (only have their e-mail) as to any vendors that can give me a quote.

Also trying to get in touch with the person who made the ring for me (and acquired the side stones). If any vendor out there can give me an idea of what the current replacement cost would be for a .2 ct quadrillion, G, VS (1/2) I would greatly appreciate it! It would certainly help me decide whether or not to file a claim!

Thanks.

E

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results