shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost and Then Found-Luckiest Day Ever!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
A couple of weeks ago I went to the gym after work and put my jewelry in my wallet, which zips up. I didn't remember to transfer my jewelry back to my jewelry box when I got home, so it was still in my wallet the next morning when I went to get coffee at my usual coffee shop and then breakfast at my usual truck.

I saw my bezel set diamond earrings in the wallet at my coffee shop, but didn't see them when I went to pay for breakfast. I was super careful when I paid, so I assumed they were in there, just hidden behind a receipt. I got to work and went through my wallet, briefcase, everything, and the earrings were GONE. I called the coffee shop, they looked, I went back there and looked myself, I went back by the food truck and looked, and they were nowhere to be found. ;( I was so mad at myself for being careless, but figured, hey, time to buy bigger diamond earrings then! :halo: (And just wear them at the gym from now on!)

Fast forward 2.5 weeks. Yesterday I was at another office for work, and on the way back to my office stopped by my usual food truck for breakfast. I looked down and ONE OF MY EARRINGS was on the sidewalk, just sitting there! :-o I grabbed it and started looking around, and 2 seconds later saw THE OTHER EARRING. It was in the crack of the sidewalk facing up, with the post stuck in the dirt in the crack.

Both have bent posts but the bezels are in pretty good shape, just dinged up, and the diamonds are fine. So they were on a super busy sidewalk for 2.5 weeks by one of the busiest food trucks in the area, and no one (including me!) saw them. I mean I looked several times at the food truck, including for several days after I lost them.

Needless to say, I went and bought a lottery ticket last night...we'll see if I used up all my luck! :cheeky:

Here's a terrible pic of my poor wonky earrings that I took when I got back to the office. They're going back to WF ASAP to get fixed up and I will never lose them again!

wonky_earrings_1.jpg

wonky_earrings_2.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
wowee kazowee!!! you have SOME guardian angel watching out for you!!! That is sooooo awesome you found them again - I'm so happy for you! I hate that feeling - losing something and then thinking that somewhere, some how, it is crying out saying to you "I"M HERE!!! LOOK HERE!!!"

well, great news, thing!! :appl:

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Holy smokes, Thing! That is amazing that your babies were laying there for 2.5 weeks and you actually found them. I can't believe it!
Yay! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: That's got to be the craziest bling lost and found story.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I just bought a lotto myself--hope your/the luck transfers!

Good on ya and cool story sista! :appl:

P.S. What kind of food truck??

cheers--Sharon

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOD! That is some good luck! I cannot believe no one saw them!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, after 2.5 weeks, how lucky can you be!!!!!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Love a happy ending :appl:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Phew! That is literally awesome. I could use similar luck - just lost a favorite hair ornament, and have been calling the places I was that night like mad. Maybe I should just go pound the pavement!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1365190047|3421083 said:
Phew! That is literally awesome. I could use similar luck - just lost a favorite hair ornament, and have been calling the places I was that night like mad. Maybe I should just go pound the pavement!

Hope you find your hair pin--it is makes one quite "sad" to loose cherished items.

cheers--Sharon

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:-o :-o :-o :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

AWESOME!!!
What are the odds? Of them not sinking into a crack or the mud or something, not rolling away, staying so close to each other, no-one else seeing them, you looking down RIGHT THAT SECOND.... OMG!!!

This is a story for the books :bigsmile:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I'm grateful that you posted your story. Basically I've just lost a diamond huggie the exact same way. The right one was making my ear bleed so I took both out and put them in my wallet. You guessed it, a couple of days later when I went to get them, only one was there. So going by your story, I'm assuming the missing one dropped out.

So glad for you that you found BOTH! That is truly amazing. What ctw are they? They look like my WF ACA baby bezels, 0.30 ctw.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, thing! That is super lucky and I am so happy you found them! I cannot believe 2.5 weeks went by and no one noticed them! No one at all! Guess we can safely say the streets aren't being (thoroughly) cleaned LOL and thank goodness for that. :appl: Thanks for sharing the happy news!!!

I lost a cherished bracelet in 1995 during my trip to Alaska. We were hiking (yeah, don't ask me why I would wear this bracelet during a hike LOL-except that I probably didn't want to leave it back where we were staying) and when we got back from the hike it was gone. Worst part of it was I couldn't replace it and I have never seen another like it. Oh well, it's just a thing but losing them sometimes hurts. So glad you found your gorgeous earrings thing!

Circe, sending you some lost and found dust of your own!!! Hope your hair ornament turns up!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! What an incredible story! I'm so glad that you found them and that the stones were intact! Time to buy a lottery ticket or twelve!! :cheeky:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, lucky is the word!

Do me a favor? take your hand and touch your monitor, just where my post is...I'm hoping some of your luck will 'rub off' on me! (I 'hid' my diamond necklace over a year ago. You know, in a 'safe place' and haven't been able to find it since! I know it's in the house, but where????? :oops: :roll:

Really, I'm just happy that you found your earrings.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
glad you found it!! Now if you win the lottery that will be time for a new set~ :Up_to_something:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Damn girl! How lucky are you? I hope you win the lottery too - that way you can buy even BIGGER diamond earrings!!! :naughty:

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
That's incredible! They must have been riding around the galaxies on a UFO, then were discretely returned to that sidewalk. :bigsmile:

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
What an AMAZING story!!! OMG! :appl:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such an amazing story, I am so happy for you! Could it be that your karma bank was overflowing?!?! :bigsmile: :appl: :wavey:

Thanks for sharing this!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The magpies missed all their chances! What a story. Good enough to tell by a campfire :mrgreen:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow what are the odds!!! congrats on finding them!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What an amazing story! I picture you whooping with joy when you saw them. Somebody up there likes you, Thing!

--- Laurie

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Holy crap. Awesome story! Do you kinda wish they stayed lost so you could upgrade? :Up_to_something:

Circe and Kae Kae, I hope you find your lovelies.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thing...how lucky!!.go buy yourself a lottery ticket... :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a truly amazing story - wow!

Good luck with the lottery - I think you're definitely riding a winning streak!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I'm still amazed. Seriously it was insane. I was on the phone with my twin sister at the time and I was like "OH MY GOD. I JUST FOUND MY EARRINGS." and she was like "What?! Are you kidding?!"

Enerchi-seriously! Let's hope the guardian angels help me find even more bling! :cheeky:

tigian-agreed! If it didn't happen to me I'd find it hard to believe!

Sharon-the owners are Greek so they have some tasty Greek stuff but also a ton of regular American stuff-they make the most delicious bacon, egg and cheese on toast EVER. Their BLTs are also delish!

Ame-I know-I think I used up my lifetime's worth of luck!

Catmom-I know, after so much time it was crazy!

Snicklefritz-me too!

Circe-oh no-sending all the luck I can your way so you can find your hair ornament!

Yssie-Right? The weirdest is that I had them hooked together by putting one of the posts through the back of the other one and then putting the back on that post, if that makes sense. So the backs are gone, I looked for them too, but I guess they stayed close enough!

Smith-oh no! Tons of dust to you that your huggie turns up! They're .6ctw ACAs (or maybe Expert Selections?) from WF in the handmade bezels!

missy-ugh I'm sorry! I loved these earrings but they aren't totally unique-it would have been much worse to lose something like that!

yenny-I know, the diamonds look totally fine! I guess they are hard and all, but still! They've clearly been stepped on!

KaeKae-ha done! My mom is good at "hiding" things like that too!

minmin-right?! I probably used up all my luck though, sadly!

Misfit-super lucky! Although I could be luckier and win the lotto! :halo:

TC-a UFO is the only reasonable explanation!

rubyshoes-I know!

monnie-I hope so, I do try to be good! :saint:

GemFever-that's exactly what my friend said! She said I'm a true magpie!

diamondring-pretty long, I'm sure!

JewelFreak-I hope so, I'm good deep down, I swear! :devil:

JaneSmith-that thought NEVER crossed my mind. :Up_to_something:

DF-I already did! Still need to check and see if I won though-I never play so I don't even know when the drawing is!

MGR-thank you! I'll keep you all posted if I hit the big bucks! :$$):

justginger

Ideal_Rock
This is the most amazing diamond story I think I've read, short of those people who pick up massive rocks in that diamond national park. This would never, ever happen to me - absolutely incredible!

PS - I hope you won lotto so you can share your newly funded trinkets on here! :cheeky:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so amazing that no one saw them for 2.5 weeks and that you happened to look down right at that spot and was able to find both!!!! I have never heard of anyone having that kind of luck before! I think it would be easier to win the lottery than have that happen to you!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
justginger|1365331533|3421849 said:
This is the most amazing diamond story I think I've read, short of those people who pick up massive rocks in that diamond national park. This would never, ever happen to me - absolutely incredible!

PS - I hope you won lotto so you can share your newly funded trinkets on here! :cheeky:

I know, I am not the super lucky type either! I still can't believe it myself! I'm waiting to hear back from WF with an authorization # so I can send them off to get repaired. Will keep you posted on the lotto! :cheeky:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1365343072|3421919 said:
That is so amazing that no one saw them for 2.5 weeks and that you happened to look down right at that spot and was able to find both!!!! I have never heard of anyone having that kind of luck before! I think it would be easier to win the lottery than have that happen to you!

Ha seriously! Although I think I would rather win the lotto! :devil: :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results