shape
carat
color
clarity

Loose stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chicagoillinois

Rough_Rock
I see a lot of people buying loose stones from online retailers here. Will most B&M jewelers set diamonds that aren''t bought through them, or does Blue Nile and Whiteflash sell the settings also?

I guess I''m just surprised that people would spend thousands of dollars on a diamond without seeing it in person.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some B&M jewelers will set them and some won''t. You''ll just have to ask around. Blue Nile and Whiteflash will only sell the setting to you if you buy the loose diamond from them. There are also other PS vendors who will sell you just the setting (you don''t have to buy the stone from them). I believe all the PS vendors will be more than happy to set your stone if you buy both the stone and setting from them.

Some people are okay with buying sight unseen because they have other proof to back up the fact that it is an excellent performing diamond (Sarin, Idealscope, Brilliantscope, ISEE, etc). However, MOST still see the diamond before making the final purchase.

1. You can either have the diamond sent to an independent appraiser (where you both view it at the same time), or
2. You can have it sent to your home. This method requires that the diamond must be paid first, but it can also be returned for the full purchase price, no questions asked (minus shipping) as long as it is within the return period.
3. If you are close enough, make a trip to the vendor (who usually has a store front) to see the stone for yourself.

So either way, you are NOT plunking down thousands of dollars to purchase a diamond sight unseen.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well... it depends. If you buy a setting from them, the ones around me will set the diamond. I''m looking to remount so they have no problem with it. I don''t know how they''d feel setting a diamond purchased elsewhere into a setting purchased elsewhere though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results