shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking to get an OEC moissanite bezel-set tennis bracelet—which design, what to consider?

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
This will be my first tennis bracelet! I had a look through the tennis bracelet-perspective shots thread here and just absolutely fell in love! So I'm setting out to get myself a tennis bracelet too, and would love everyone's opinions on some things I'm still deciding on.

I've decided I would like an OEC bezel-set tennis bracelet, set in 925 silver. I was considering prongs but, (TMI!) I'm worried about my arm hair getting caught in between and getting ripped out and just having an overall unpleasant experience :lol-2: I'm also not a fan of how 4 prongs make round-cut stones look squarish, and 3 prongs don't seem secure enough to me? I could still be persuaded though, so let me know which you believe is better: prong-set or bezel-set?

If I do decide to go with bezels, I have to choose between the two bezel styles below:

1645540010255.png
I believe Style 1 is a full bezel and Style 2 is a half-bezel? Do correct me if I'm mistaken!

Next, the size of the moissanites themselves. Should I go with 3mm, 4mm, or 5mm?

I have an average-sized wrist, around 6.5 in or 17ish cm.
I've read here on PS that getting OEC in anything smaller than 4 mm would not be worth it, as you wouldn't really be able to tell the difference.
I'm inclined to go with the "sweet spot" of 4mm, I don't know how big 5mm would look on my wrist yet. I've ordered some CZ bracelets to get a feel for the size but they don't arrive until next week. Will update the thread when I have them, if I haven't decided by then!

Lastly, what's the best kind of lock / clasp that PSers recommend for tennis bracelets? This is the one thing I haven't really looked into...

If there are other things to consider that I missed, please feel free to let me know!

Thank you everyone! I'm pretty excited! :)

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Bezel is just as pretty. The prongs really do not snag hair unless poorly set. But I love the bezel as well. Go big or go home :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my bezel set tennis bracelets, each about 3mm, length 7.5in; the one on the right is the earth-mined diamond one, they other two are: first on the left CZ and the one in the middle Swarovski Zirconia.

All separated as I did not realise there is another option.

I would bezel everything if I could, after losing the centre stone of a ring loaned to me by my mum during one drunken work event.

3mm stones are a good size for me as I like to stack bracelets and bangles.

I would love a bracelet with 0.5ct/6mm bezelled stones, perhaps one day when I win the lottery.

DK :))

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
Bezel is just as pretty. The prongs really do not snag hair unless poorly set. But I love the bezel as well. Go big or go home :)

Thank you! I've shied away from bracelets for so long because I'm scared of the hair pulling. :lol:

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
Here are my bezel set tennis bracelets, each about 3mm, length 7.5in; the one on the right is the earth-mined diamond one, they other two are: first on the left CZ and the one in the middle Swarovski Zirconia.

All separated as I did not realise there is another option.

TennisBracelet_04.jpg

I would bezel everything if I could, after losing the centre stone of a ring loaned to me by my mum during one drunken work event.

3mm stones are a good size for me as I like to stack bracelets and bangles.

I would love a bracelet with 0.5ct/6mm bezelled stones, perhaps one day when I win the lottery.

Thank you so much for the photo! These are so pretty! :kiss2: Have only further convinced me that I need a tennis bracelet in my life...!

Personally I'm not a fan of bezel rings, which is why I surprised myself by gravitating towards the bezel set tennis bracelet :lol-2:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer bezel set because there’s nothing to “catch”. If you are putting on and off coats / jumpers etc, there’s always the chance of snagging a claw and not knowing until you look down and see an empty space.
Get a bezel with individual links. You want it to lay flat on the wrist and “mold” as necessary.
All joined together would be more “bangle like”, ie more rigid which is fine if that’s the shape/ feel / look you want.

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
I prefer bezel set because there’s nothing to “catch”. If you are putting on and off coats / jumpers etc, there’s always the chance of snagging a claw and not knowing until you look down and see an empty space.
Get a bezel with individual links. You want it to lay flat on the wrist and “mold” as necessary.
All joined together would be more “bangle like”, ie more rigid which is fine if that’s the shape/ feel / look you want.

Oh, I can just imagine the sinking feeling in my stomach if that ever happened to me :( Thank you for your insight on the bezel style! I agree, I feel like the connected bezels might not be as flowy or easy to wear... I want something as comfortable as possible.

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
Hope I could get inputs too on the size of the OEC moissanites :kiss2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for the photo! These are so pretty! :kiss2: Have only further convinced me that I need a tennis bracelet in my life...!

Personally I'm not a fan of bezel rings, which is why I surprised myself by gravitating towards the bezel set tennis bracelet :lol-2:

Thanks!

I worn a tennis bracelet with simulants for years, and finally got round to getting one in earth-mined diamonds in 2020 when I had access to my retirement funds, as resistance was truly futile even though I have other diamond bracelets and bangles to wear.

BTW I forgot to mention that I have a pair of 6mm OEC Moissanites to be set as earring drops, and could hardly tell they are OECs unaided. Therefore, I doubt if one could differentiate between OECs and MRBs in 3mm stones with naked eyes.

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!

I worn a tennis bracelet with simulants for years, and finally got round to getting one in earth-mined diamonds in 2020 when I had access to my retirement funds, as resistance was truly futile even though I have other diamond bracelets and bangles to wear.

BTW I forgot to mention that I have a pair of 6mm OEC Moissanites to be set as earring drops, and could hardly tell they are OECs unaided. Therefore, I doubt if one could differentiate between OECs and MRBs in 3mm stones with naked eyes.

I so agree with you there—I'll get myself a moissy tennis bracelet now, and leave my future husband to worry about the diamond one by then! :lol:

I’m wondering where you find oec moissy bracelets? Or oec moissys that size?
I'll be ordering from a Chinese vendor! I'm not sure if the Shopee platform is available outside of SE Asia, but it's this store: https://shopee.ph/bocarman.ph?categoryId=100009&itemId=11122476916

I also asked Tianyu on AliExpress but it was going to cost twice as much with them than this Shopee vendor. o_O

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
I finally received the CZ tennis bracelets I bought! I wanted to get a feel for the size of the stones + the length of the bracelets before getting the custom moissy one done.

I'm leaning towards the 4 mm as I'd like to wear it every day, but I think the OEC pattern would be more visible on the 5 mm.... However it looks a little too gaudy on me? I'm not sure! Please let me know what you think. Pics below:

F5C2A7DC-FCD5-410D-8D91-F9AA21807FC4 2.JPG

14C80311-8637-4CEB-A1C2-11C06F789C85.JPG

86DEBE27-7EA5-45D0-A255-F1E6040B55D1.JPG

57466830-6F23-4C04-B09F-279AB3325515.JPG

Further info:
• I'm 5'5" / 167 cm
• Pear-shaped build, not too slim but not too fluffy
• I'm usually in very basic, neutral-coloured clothes, I'm not very fashion-forward. I stick to classic pieces. Your stereotypical Pinterest "how to dress like a Parisian" kind of wardrobe :lol:
• I might want to stack this with a Pandora bracelet from time to time
• I wear simple stud earrings, I usually have four rings on, rarely a necklace, and an Apple watch on my other wrist

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
I asked my mum... no help, as she told me to get both sizes. i can't afford both! :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the look of the 4mm on your wrist.

At that size, I would not bother with spending more to get OECs, and would save the money and opt for MRBs instead.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I so agree with you there—I'll get myself a moissy tennis bracelet now, and leave my future husband to worry about the diamond one by then! :lol:

I'll be ordering from a Chinese vendor! I'm not sure if the Shopee platform is available outside of SE Asia, but it's this store: https://shopee.ph/bocarman.ph?categoryId=100009&itemId=11122476916

I also asked Tianyu on AliExpress but it was going to cost twice as much with them than this Shopee vendor. o_O

I can’t understand the pricing, do you mind telling me the cost?

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
I prefer the look of the 4mm on your wrist.

At that size, I would not bother with spending more to get OECs, and would save the money and opt for MRBs instead.

Thank you so much! The 5mm does look a little much and I also like the daintiness of the 4mm, but still has presence...

Just a little sad that the OECs won't make much of a difference at that size though, as I love OECs :(sad

I can’t understand the pricing, do you mind telling me the cost?
It depends on the size of the stones and the length of the bracelet. From that Shopee store, the price ranges from 100 (3mm, 16cm) to 250 USD (5mm, 22cm) for a bracelet set in 925 silver. :)

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
I would go with the 4mm OECs. I am not a round brilliant fan in moissy, but it is just personal preference. My mom has an adorable 4mm moissy OEC pinkie ring and you can tell it is an OEC and not a RB, even at that small size. The light flashes are chunky and not splintery. A whole bracelet of 4mm OECs sounds amazing!! If your heart is set on old cuts will you be satisfied with the round brilliant/modern look?

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
I would go with the 4mm OECs. I am not a round brilliant fan in moissy, but it is just personal preference. My mom has an adorable 4mm moissy OEC pinkie ring and you can tell it is an OEC and not a RB, even at that small size. The light flashes are chunky and not splintery. A whole bracelet of 4mm OECs sounds amazing!! If your heart is set on old cuts will you be satisfied with the round brilliant/modern look?

I do really love the chunky flashes of old cuts! MRBs just don't do it for me anymore :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results