shape
carat
color
clarity

looking to buy vintage tiffany

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock
I'm sort of new to antiques but I know some major brands can be faked.

It comes with the blue pouch, paperwork, and the back of the pendant is hallmarked and stamped. Is it safe to assume it's "authentic" I know a lot of these brands can be faked. I feel ok about it just wanted to ask.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. You can buy those pouches all over the place. I suspect some are even genuine.

If the paperwork is from a known vendor and the current seller is the original buyer, then maybe. But that's gonna be rare for a true "antique."

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock
No. You can buy those pouches all over the place. I suspect some are even genuine.

If the paperwork is from a known vendor and the current seller is the original buyer, then maybe. But that's gonna be rare for a true "antique."

Thx let me clarify im not as much worried about the antique part more the "fake Tiffany" part.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thx let me clarify im not as much worried about the antique part more the "fake Tiffany" part.

I'm a lot less worried about an intricate old piece with a lovely colored stone being faked because it would take so much time and money and energy to produce and the Tiffany premium (unless you're buying an old lamp =)2) is not that high. But for a gold or silver "trinket" -- much of what Tiffany sells now -- you could stamp those out by the millions.

In my limited experience, reputable sellers will state that Tiffany will not authenticate, etc., and consequently they do not attach a giant premium.

For fun, look for the Cartier LOVE threads on this forum :oops2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results