shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking to buy my wife a spacer for her ER/WB. Help?

the helpful folks over in the hangout forum have helped me narrow down a birthday gift/push present to getting a spacer. i figured it might make sense to prod the forum as well for advice (i hope that's OK).

to start, a photo of her set:

diamond.jpg

my budget is ~$500 for a platinum band. thinking 1.5-2mm (wide enough for a potential engraving).

i've spoken to a few vendors; David Klass, Raven's Refuge and Deb Blazer as well as finding a few on e-weddingbands.

Klass quoted me $450 for a plain 2mm band. i can get the "same" band via EWB for half that price so unsure why i'd go with Klass for something so basic - you guys might be able to school me on that.

i also think a very delicate design might be nice but i worry about making the finger look too busy.

thanks in advance!!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Klass quoted me $450 for a plain 2mm band. i can get the "same" band via EWB for half that price so unsure why i'd go with Klass for something so basic - you guys might be able to school me on that.

thanks in advance!!

I think you might want a ring with a high rise off the finger so it doesnt create too much of a dip between the rings. A thicker ring will have a bit more metal than a low profile ring of the same width. Blue niles comfort fit 2mm ring has a high rise of 1.9mm, but it is rounded on top. Not sure if you wanted something flatter? Attached are pics to clarify my attempt at an explanation.

20200525_131941.jpg 20200525_131929.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this one from BN because it has a little thickness to it (height-wise)

Edit...no need to go with DK for something so basic IMO

Last edited:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your bundle of joy to be!

EWB produce beautiful bands at great prices. Personally, I wouldn’t go above 1.5mm. I actually purchased their platinum 1.5mm band once but it didn’t match the ring I had, so I ended up returning it, but I wouldn’t hesitate to order form then again. Their products and services are excellent.

Alternatively, I would use DK for an engraved 2mm band. I have one band that was engraved by him and he did a wonderful job.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 1.5mm from ewb. Its exactly what I expected and what I wanted. BTW, I think 1.5 is too small for engraving (and to be able to make it out
IMO).

I think you would need 2mm like what you are looking at for engraving.

well wife isn't THRILLED with the plain band. would something with a rope design work?

TRW.jpg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These work well as "slightly busy" spacers too.
There are a ton of these carved floral 18K estate wedding bands 54A4871D-AF3D-4AF3-9846-19B28E25CBA3.jpeg from the 20s and 30s on Ebay. Most between $125 and $200.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi again! Two of the estate brands to look for are Belais and Lohengrin. Both made these types rings in the first half of the 20th century. :wavey:

i like those but she's now gravitating towards something with stones in it which presumably ups the cost quite a bit if we want anything decent.

my concern with that would be that it would make the finger look very busy but it's not my finger.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here ya go OP, and it won’t break the bank, and to boot it comes in the Tiffany blue outer box and velvet inner box;

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is the spacer my wife uses, not available any more from Tif CA273515-D1FA-4E81-8849-6BBA514DB474.jpeg

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry, the one I posted above is not available anymore

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i like those but she's now gravitating towards something with stones in it which presumably ups the cost quite a bit if we want anything decent.

my concern with that would be that it would make the finger look very busy but it's not my finger.
Is a scattered diamonds band the kind of "something with stones" she's thinking of?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
These work well as "slightly busy" spacers too.
There are a ton of these carved floral 18K estate wedding bands 54A4871D-AF3D-4AF3-9846-19B28E25CBA3.jpeg from the 20s and 30s on Ebay. Most between $125 and $200.

that is just lovelly

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results