shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking to buy a diamond Rivera tennis necklace

iloveshinythings22

Rough_Rock
Hi!

After breaking off my engagement and cancelling my wedding it’s been a sad few months. My wedding jewelry set had a breathtaking diamond Rivera necklace but I had to cancel it after calling off my engagement. Not to mention this necklace was $18k… (paid for by ex fiancé) I really would like to buy one… Anyway, I am asking for help! I’ll put this simple I’m looking for

*a Rivera diamond necklace
* trying to decide if I want to stick with 10 carats or go to 12 like my original one
* I really don’t want it to flip
* budget 6-8k ( I know about Deejays)
* what length would you recommend for a small neck ( I’m pretty petite) I don’t want something too long on me.

Any comments, suggestions , advice or photos are more than welcome

I appreciate it and thank you so much

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
If you have a petite neck, I think even a 8.5 ct from Deejay is going to look substantial on you (it did on me and I am not petite).

How do you plan to wear the necklace-daily or for special occasions?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about your broken engagement.
Better sooner rather than later if the relationship wasn’t working.
I did a lot of research before I bought my diamond necklace.
I went with DeeJay because the price was good, the gold weight substantial and I wanted 18 inches for my fat neck.
i went with graduated because I wanted the biggest diamonds at centre where you see them.
I found that it did flip occasionally, certainly not as much as my “tester” necklaces in CZ. I fixed that issue permanently affixing a pendant.
very very happy with the result.
F3DCF1BD-25DB-48C8-8B96-C0FCBAEBE837.jpeg 502ABAB3-6EC7-4FD4-BC4D-2870A377265C.jpeg

Attachments

• DF25FAED-EBEC-4837-9482-A2D785039B2B.jpeg
    DF25FAED-EBEC-4837-9482-A2D785039B2B.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 3
So sorry to hear about your broken engagement. I hope you're doing better. Sending you healing vibes <3

As for the tennis necklace, I'm petite myself and I like necklaces that sit close to the neck. 15 or 15.5" would be my ideal size. I also like the idea of a graduated necklace so that you can concentrate most of the bling to the front. A graduated necklace is also less likely to flip.

I would go for the biggest size that is in your budget.

To mitigate flipping, the setting style is very important. There's a few threads on here where people have discussed this, check this out - https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/can-this-eternity-necklace-be-improved.254963/ post number 28.

Last edited:

iloveshinythings22

Rough_Rock
Sorry about your broken engagement.
Better sooner rather than later if the relationship wasn’t working.
I did a lot of research before I bought my diamond necklace.
I went with DeeJay because the price was good, the gold weight substantial and I wanted 18 inches for my fat neck.
i went with graduated because I wanted the biggest diamonds at centre where you see them.
I found that it did flip occasionally, certainly not as much as my “tester” necklaces in CZ. I fixed that issue permanently affixing a pendant.
very very happy with the result.
F3DCF1BD-25DB-48C8-8B96-C0FCBAEBE837.jpeg 502ABAB3-6EC7-4FD4-BC4D-2870A377265C.jpeg

Omg thank you so much for your reply! I love your necklace and glad you are super happy with Deejays because I’ve been looking at a few necklaces on there

iloveshinythings22

Rough_Rock
So sorry to hear about your broken engagement. I hope you're doing better. Sending you healing vibes <3

As for the tennis necklace, I'm petite myself and I like necklaces that sit close to the neck. 15 or 15.5" would be my ideal size. I also like the idea of a graduated necklace so that you can concentrate most of the bling to the front. A graduated necklace is also less likely to flip.

I would go for the biggest size that is in your budget.

To mitigate flipping, the setting style is very important. There's a few threads on here where people have discussed this, check this out - https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/can-this-eternity-necklace-be-improved.254963/ post number 28.

Thank you so much! <3

Haha 15-16 inches would be ideal but I cannot find any all I keep seeing is 18 inches which is great I just think that length wouldn’t work for me :(

I agree I’ll look for the biggest ctw in my budget :) and I’ll check out the other posts thanks again!

iloveshinythings22

Rough_Rock
If you have a petite neck, I think even a 8.5 ct from Deejay is going to look substantial on you (it did on me and I am not petite).

How do you plan to wear the necklace-daily or for special occasions?

Hi! Thanks for your reply!

You might be right 8.5 might be good for me maybe even a little bigger. The one I was going to wear for my wedding Was 12 carats and it was a 3 prong style it was ridiculous for everyday but perfect for a wedding if that makes sense? I just can’t get it out of my head I love the 12 carat I just know I would be afraid to wear it during sometimes. I would plan on wearing this mostly for special occasions although I work for my dads corporation and I could get away with wearing 10 carats because nobody would say or do anything about it

iloveshinythings22

Rough_Rock
Hi! Thanks for your reply!

You might be right 8.5 might be good for me maybe even a little bigger. The one I was going to wear for my wedding Was 12 carats and it was a 3 prong style it was ridiculous for everyday but perfect for a wedding if that makes sense? I just can’t get it out of my head I love the 12 carat I just know I would be afraid to wear it during sometimes. I would plan on wearing this mostly for special occasions although I work for my dads corporation and I could get away with wearing 10 carats because nobody would say or do anything about it

I would not wear anything more than that though. Idk I like glam and bling and even some of the necklaces I showed my mom her reaction was it’s too small she said that about the 8.5 she thought it was 5 carats :(

iloveshinythings22

Rough_Rock
DA1045BD-F641-4968-9D84-28BFCDCF4D32.jpeg First photo is 6 carats , second photo is the one I chose 12 carats lol, third photo is one she brought out to compare 12 carat with another Rivera but a 6 carat(illusion necklace) 4th picture is zoomed out photo to show 12 carat on neck

Attachments

• F43ECA4B-454E-4F93-A012-2707F4424B40.jpeg
    F43ECA4B-454E-4F93-A012-2707F4424B40.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 7F2825DB-880C-44F1-BBD3-8BDBCC22B119.jpeg
    7F2825DB-880C-44F1-BBD3-8BDBCC22B119.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 4A89D1A8-70EC-4A5C-AA00-5F39F3653EE5.jpeg
    4A89D1A8-70EC-4A5C-AA00-5F39F3653EE5.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 36

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I thought the 6 carats look amazing on you! Of course, the 12 carat is a stunner. I think something in between would be your
best option. Maybe 9 carats? It would look appropriate for every day but would still work great on fancier occasions with fancy earrings and a beautiful bracelet!

Sorry to hear about your engagement. Unfortunately, I can say I've been there. Wishing you peace.

Diamond Best Friend

Rough_Rock
Hello
So sorry about your engagement, but if I might; congratulations on your strength and commitment to yourself for what isn't right and more importantly for what is. Kudos to you for walking away and saving yourself from a life of pain and unhappiness. You are strong and smart, I think the Riviera Necklace should be purchased to celebrate and reflect your strength as a young woman!!!

With that said, since you are young, well what I consider young because I am older probably your mom's age, I think there a few things to consider. One is your stature or size, I'll bet a 16 inch would be perfect (Deejay would do it for you custom, he did mine at 20.5 inches), straight considering your age in 8-10-12 carat ranges depend on you and how it will be worn. I think straight could work with blouses and shirts with jeans and more casual clothing, wouldn't you wear straight more? I also think straight looks awesome paired with other necklaces. Mine is 13+ carats and it is graduated but, I am older, semi retired and wear it when I dress for dinner or out with the girls. In my line of work as a professional nurse, it would not fly. Go into your closet look at your clothes, consider your lifestyle and how you like to dress and accessorize yourself and your wardrobe. The answer will come to you when you take all those things into consideration. As for me, I am never without jewelry even when I am working (now as a consultant), because for me jewelry is a part of who I am and how I dress. But, I temper it down when I am working or going out to the grocery store, etc. Best of luck in your decision.
Sincerely,
D

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
8.54 ctw riviera with 7 ctw tennis style from Deejays.
IMG_5474 2.jpg
8.54 ct riviera
IMG_5482.jpg

I wanted a ctw I could wear with t-shirts and jeans.

iloveshinythings22

Rough_Rock
Wow! I thought the 6 carats look amazing on you! Of course, the 12 carat is a stunner. I think something in between would be your
best option. Maybe 9 carats? It would look appropriate for every day but would still work great on fancier occasions with fancy earrings and a beautiful bracelet!

Sorry to hear about your engagement. Unfortunately, I can say I've been there. Wishing you peace.

9 might be the winner! Thank you so much and awe it’s such an awful thing but good things will come soon I hope. Take care :)

iloveshinythings22

Rough_Rock
Hello
So sorry about your engagement, but if I might; congratulations on your strength and commitment to yourself for what isn't right and more importantly for what is. Kudos to you for walking away and saving yourself from a life of pain and unhappiness. You are strong and smart, I think the Riviera Necklace should be purchased to celebrate and reflect your strength as a young woman!!!

With that said, since you are young, well what I consider young because I am older probably your mom's age, I think there a few things to consider. One is your stature or size, I'll bet a 16 inch would be perfect (Deejay would do it for you custom, he did mine at 20.5 inches), straight considering your age in 8-10-12 carat ranges depend on you and how it will be worn. I think straight could work with blouses and shirts with jeans and more casual clothing, wouldn't you wear straight more? I also think straight looks awesome paired with other necklaces. Mine is 13+ carats and it is graduated but, I am older, semi retired and wear it when I dress for dinner or out with the girls. In my line of work as a professional nurse, it would not fly. Go into your closet look at your clothes, consider your lifestyle and how you like to dress and accessorize yourself and your wardrobe. The answer will come to you when you take all those things into consideration. As for me, I am never without jewelry even when I am working (now as a consultant), because for me jewelry is a part of who I am and how I dress. But, I temper it down when I am working or going out to the grocery store, etc. Best of luck in your decision.
Sincerely,
D

Wow! Thank you so much for writing in and the congratulations on my decision I think a tennis necklace is well deserved as well! I believe you are right a 16 inch would look perfect and I will message deejay and ask them if they can do this length for me. You sound so fabulous and I can imagine that your fashion style and jewelry is incredible! I am more of a dress and skirt kinda gal, it’s rare I wear jeans actually haha. But yes I would love to wear this as close to everyday as I could. I love how you explained straight carat sizes 8-10-12 that makes so much sense to me I am really feel approx 10 ctw. It’s still a gorgeous size I don’t need 12 anyway! I appreciate your advice and thank you for your service as a nurse I’m sure you were such a kind hearted one ❤️

iloveshinythings22

Rough_Rock
8.54 ctw riviera with 7 ctw tennis style from Deejays.
IMG_5474 2.jpg
8.54 ct riviera
IMG_5482.jpg

I wanted a ctw I could wear with t-shirts and jeans.

Fabulous! How happy were you with deejays? It looks awesome. Thanks so much for writing in :)

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
DA1045BD-F641-4968-9D84-28BFCDCF4D32.jpeg First photo is 6 carats , second photo is the one I chose 12 carats lol, third photo is one she brought out to compare 12 carat with another Rivera but a 6 carat(illusion necklace) 4th picture is zoomed out photo to show 12 carat on neck

I love the 12 carat on you. It’s not to big in my opinion but I prefer larger stones. What size is the largest stone

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results