shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for Tiffany Novo look-a-like Engagement ring, help!?

aeromitch37

Rough_Rock
Admittedly through reading these forum posts I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about diamonds. That said, I'm still novice and need everyone's help, in this two part question. I would like to keep my cost for the diamond, engagement ring, and wedding band (hers) to be no more than around $12k.

Part 1: Diamond Selection:
I know what my girlfriend wants. She desires a princess cut 1.35-1.45 carat diamond and for it to really shine. As I've been looking and reading I've seen that the cut is really going to make it shine. Using this logic I think an Ideal cut would fit my need. Outside of the shape, carat, and cut I haven't got the slightest idea. Obviously I wouldn't want it to be yellow or have scratches but am looking for your input.

In addition, where might I find the best priced diamonds - online vendors, small ma and pa stores?

Part 2: Setting Selection:
She loves the Tiffany Novo engagement set (engagement ring and wedding band) - obviously modified for the princess cut diamond. Any thoughts of a legitimate vendor that can provide a quality product similar to the real deal Tiffany Novo setting?

Thank you all in advance for the help and suggestions!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Looking for Tiffany Novo look-a-like Engagement ring, he

kelpie said:
I had a .95 tiffany novo and I have to say Brian Gavin's version looks identical except the diamonds extend further down the shank. Haven't seen it in person though.

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5372

I also think that this is the best Novo replica I have seen posted on PS.

You will get the best diamond prices online by far. Most jewelers with a store front will be at least 15% higher priced.

For princess cuts, the creme de la creme is to find one with an AGS0 cut grade. Princess cuts are not given a cut grade by GIA, only by AGS, and so sticking with AGS0 princess cuts will help weed out a lot of the poorly cut princesses out there.

It is simplest to buy your diamond and setting from the same vendor. BGD is a great company and happen to also have a princess cut that is pretty nice looking in my opinions: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104044774001 G color and VS2 clarity is about as safe as it gets while still being excellent value. For many it is the sweet spot. It is a little smaller than you specified but in fact diamonds in that size are very hard to find -- most are around 1.2ct or are over the 1.5ct mark (for various reasons).

Here are a few other options to consider:

I would not find any in your desired size range. Here are some a little bigger in your budget.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/6491/ Nice size! I color will show some warmth, though not yellow by any means. GOG also does a very nice Novo replica.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-2230986.htm Also a grat size. Me, I like a bigger diamond and would not mind the warmth, others feel differenty.

These you need to call and request an ASET image if you are interested:

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Princess-Diamond-1305833.asp
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Princess-Diamond-1264221.asp

aeromitch37

Rough_Rock

I greatly appreciate the information. Unfortunately, from an online perspective I have only heard of the big shops: bluenile.com and whiteflash.com.

Has anyone used the others (Brain Gavin or Good Old Gold), if so what was your experience? Admittedly, I'm nervous to use a smaller shop.

Thank you!

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock

aeromitch37 said:
I greatly appreciate the information. Unfortunately, from an online perspective I have only heard of the big shops: bluenile.com and whiteflash.com.

Has anyone used the others (Brain Gavin or Good Old Gold), if so what was your experience? Admittedly, I'm nervous to use a smaller shop.

Thank you!

All of the Pricescope vendors that are reccomended here like GOG and BGD have their feet to the fire. One unhappy customer and a thread is created which really protects consumer and puts the vendor under a microscope.

You can be more confident working with suggested vendors here than even the larger companies.

Most pricescopers have a strong preference to work with vendors who call stones in house and take images for you for diamond selection purposes. The larger companies like Bluenile just drop ship the stone to you and in most cases have not even seen what it looks like before selling it to the consumer.

aeromitch37

Rough_Rock

ChunkyCushionLover said:
aeromitch37 said:

Thank you!

All of the Pricescope vendors that are reccomended here like GOG and BGD have their feet to the fire. One unhappy customer and a thread is created which really protects consumer and puts the vendor under a microscope.

You can be more confident working with suggested vendors here than even the larger companies.

Most pricescopers have a strong preference to work with vendors who call stones in house and take images for you for diamond selection purposes. The larger companies like Bluenile just drop ship the stone to you and in most cases have not even seen what it looks like before selling it to the consumer.

Thank you for the input. This is very interesting to me that Bluenile drop ships - I did not realize this at all. I'll admit, the PriceScope community is starting to grow on me!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

I have worked with Brian Gavin, Whiteflash and Wink Jones (Highperformancediamonds.com). I recommend them all as excellent vendors.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

You can try a search on the vendor names and find literally hundreds of threads from customers. None are perfect, but overall the companies that have been recommended here so far -- GOG, BGD, WF, HPD (and I would add James Allen) are highly reputable and have stood the test of PS in terms of their customers service.

Blue Nile is great in many ways, but since diamonds are not in house they are not my personal preference. For larger access and lower prices on non-H&A diamonds I prefer James Allen because they actually can access the diamonds and take pictures for you and inspect it in person before you see it. They are like a hybrid between a drop shipper and a company that has stones in house in their personal inventory.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results