shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for Pictures of this Necklace

DanJ

Rough_Rock
I purchased this Necklace and earring set as an investment (which now my girlfriend won't let me sell) and was told it was purchased from the family of Mohammad Zahir Shah who was the last King of Afghanistan. So I have been searching for photos to back up the story I was told. It did Appraise for substantially more than the purchase price but would still like to verify what I was told.

received_10207398486978288.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I poked around a little bit, but didn't find a lot of photos of the royal family.

I would imagine the necklace would have been worn by one of the women; his wife was Humaira Begum, and they had eight children.

How did you acquire the necklace? Was the person who sold it to you reputable? Did they have any evidence to back up their story?

DanJ

Rough_Rock
I purchased it here in Afghanistan from a Jeweler I have been dealing with for a long time. They have always been very honest with me. Unfortunately I have been unable to find any photos to back it up. I have shown it to other Afghans who believe that it was his Wife's.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also did some searching, but to no avail. I'm guessing this set was not part of what might be considered the "crown jewels," which might be worn on special visits outside of the country. It turns out the King and his wife did visit Washington DC in 1963, and their visit included a State dinner at the White House hosted by President Kennedy. Unfortunately, from the pictures I've seen of that affair, it looks like the Queen (?) wore no necklace or tiara at all! So - no luck over here. The necklace is beautiful though. I hope you'll be able to find some pictures that verify its provenance. (I'm in the U.S., by the way. Maybe it would be easier to find pictures in Europe or elsewhere?)

BTW - is there any sort of makers mark? Maybe the manufacturer would be able to help you...

DanJ

Rough_Rock
Only Marking noted in the Appraisal is Metal Stamp 750

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results