shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for pendant design inspiration ideas

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Continuing on a my mission to finish my projects this year, I need some PS inspiration.

I bought this paraiba and emerald to make a pendant.

I already own a yg paraiba pendant that was made to match the ring in my profile picture so this one will be in white gold. Also to differentiate the color scheme, I have it shown with a little mahenge. But I also have hauyne (my favorite) and diamond melee to work.

Small pieces get lost on me, so I would like to incorporate these stones into something larger/blingier that would still highlight the color/glow of these stones. Perhaps some type of filigree design with diamonds? But not sure how to work these shapes into such a design. Open to and looking for suggestions..thanks in advance :)

Colombian Emerald: 5.57 x 4.07 x 3.07mm (.46ct)
Paraiba Tourmaline: 4.60 x 4.61 x 2.91mm (.43 ct)

paraibaemerald_0.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have more/bigger pictures?

Just going off what you posted here, I think I would put the emerald horizontally on top and the paraiba set like you have it but underneath, with the spinel in between as a connector. And preferably connected in a way that the paraiba can dangle/move around a little. If you have the spinel, I wouldn't also include the hauyne because I think that might be too busy colorwise. If you want something blingier, I'd just do diamond halos for everything. But I'll think on it a little more. That's my idea from a first glance though.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about something along this idea?

_6228.jpeg

_6229.jpeg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
No setting ideas but I love the combination, although I did like the idea of a Hauyne connecting stone just a little bit better.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Appreciate the input!

Rfisher - The photos definitely have me thinking...especially the top one.
Distracts/Lovinggems - Yes, I wasn't thinking both hauynes and the mahenge but one instead of the other. Maybe I will go with the hauynite instead :think:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DDOC - Thank you! I wish I had your talent to sketch! (I remember sitting in my first drafting class where they just asked everyone to do a free form sketch of one of those wooden puzzles shapes...everyone was done and I was still staring at it ;( ).

I think your drawing on the right is very close to what I had in mind in terms of style. The only catch is that I think i need something to separate the paraiba from my skin - as pastel colors get lost on me.

To answer your question -
- I had a bail setting in mind - I have various chains but my go to is a half round omega chain. A lot of my custom pendants have enhancer type bale so I can wear with my small (5.5mm?) Mikimoto strand but honestly, I never wear them that way (just like knowing I can).
- Sit lower 18-20 inches.
- Interesting question about style. I like variety and thus don't have one style I stick with. I do tend to lean towards things that have some vintage design elements over pure modern pieces.

DDOC

Rough_Rock
Trade
This is tending to be more Edwardian style than Art Nouveau, but it sort of cross's over in that period.
As long as you find a jeweller comfortable with this style of work it shoud be no problem for them to create some sort of complimentary framework around the top stone as well.
Another sketch with added framework to top stone.
I've drawn the wider style bail as it fits the syle more with the larger top, but the firts sketch with the skinny diamond set bail would still work, and if done large enough your pearls/beads would fit through so that the bail sat between pearls.
The bail in this pic would sit over a pearl.

img025.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, DDOC, you are a great sketch artist! Are any of those pendants you posted ones that you made yourself?

DDOC

Rough_Rock
Trade
**edited by moderator, trade members may not post their own pieces or pieces for sale per our policies**

DDOC

Rough_Rock
Trade
I would just like to say sorry about the pictures posted, they were to show style and idea's only to help.
I don't sell online, nor keep stock of any kind.
I shall now refrain from posting any pictures of any knid.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DDOC - At no point did I think you were trying to advertise/sell and took the photos in the spirit of your intent - to help me figure out what a design and I am so glad you did. In fact, I didn't even notice your trade designation until now :lol:

So glad the updated drawing didn't get removed. Now I need to find someone to make. Where are you located? I wish you took on-line orders because I would definitely be interested in reaching out..your pieces were gorgeous!!

Thank you for the design help...a big help on visualizing what I was thinking I wanted.

DDOC

Rough_Rock
Trade
Sorry Lilmosun,
Apart from being against the rules to organize sales, I don't do internet sales.
Most competent jewellers should have no problem creating this sort of piece based off the sketch.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Bummer, I'm too late...didn't have the chance to see DDOC's pictures

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results