shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking For Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erik638

Rough_Rock
I have been looking for a diamond for the last month or so. I think I found one that I like and was looking to see if anyone had some thoughts on the diamond I am considering buying. Do you think it is a good diamond for the money? Thanks for the help/advice & opinions.

Weight: 2.09
Shape and Cut: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 8.00 - 7.90 X 5.14mm.
Total Depth: 64.7%
Table width: 58%
Crown Height: 16%
Pavilion Depth: 43%
Gridle Thickness: Slightly Thick
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Culet: None
Clarity: SI1
Graining: Nil
Color: G
Fluorence: None
Comments: None
Report Issued By: E.G.L.
Price: $13,000

Erik638

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there,

Well...the diamond that you are considering is quite deep. What this means is that it was cut for weight retention. Instead of looking like almost 2.1 carats, the diamond will look more like a 1.9 carat diamond...so you are paying for weight that you will not see.

The table is also larger than what is considered to be ideal (by AGS) however, there are some people who like the look of a larger table. Larger tables, however, can diminish the fire of a diamond.

An ideal cut diamond with similar color and clarity grade and the same carat weight would easily cost you about $5000 more. So it is up to you to make the final decision.

1. Buy a smaller diamond with better proportions to fit your budget (you could get a fabulous 1.5c for that much)

2. Buy this diamond that will look smaller than a *true* 2.09 for a *bargain* price.

If it were me... I''d choose quality over carat weight!

Good Luck!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
That diamond is *ridiculously* deep......which is why it''s so inexpensive (for it''s size).

It''s going to leak light something fierce. I''d agree with the above......and select a better cut at a smaller size.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I''d keep looking. This stone has too many issues.
1.gif

Erik638

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to say thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results