shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

politicalace

Rough_Rock
Just looking for an opinion on this light scope pic

light scope.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2010 3:19:21 PM
Author:politicalace
Just looking for an opinion on this light scope pic
Hi politicalace and welcome!

Its a good image but an ASET image would be better if you have it please along with a photo of the diamond. Do you have the basic info on the stone too such as colour, clarity, lab report, depth and table etc?

politicalace

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately, I don''t have an ASET image,

The specs are below
GIA
.72 carat
E color
VS2
65% tabl
67.5% depth
VG Symetry
VG Polish
Measurements 5.08 X 5.07 X 3.42
No Florescence

Thanks for any help

d256.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ASET is preferable for fancy shapes rather than Idealscope as it helps to judge the light return of the stone better than IS. It might be worth asking UD if they can provide ASET nowadays.

From what I can tell it appears to be a well cut Princess, not cut to top standards but is what we call a fine make of cut. I take it you prefer a high colour such as E?

Firestone

Shiny_Rock
What are the black areas in the photo?

politicalace

Rough_Rock
Color and cut were at the top of my list and I was looking for a smaller table with proportional depth because I was under the impression that the fire aspect was greater with a smaller depth. It was modestly priced at 2300. Is that a decent price

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 4:16:50 PM
Author: Firestone
What are the black areas in the photo?

Obstruction.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2010 4:34:32 PM
Author: politicalace
Color and cut were at the top of my list and I was looking for a smaller table with proportional depth because I was under the impression that the fire aspect was greater with a smaller depth. It was modestly priced at 2300. Is that a decent price

That isn't really the case, the overall cut quality, table size and crown height can all help to enhance fire, not the depth. The best way to find out about the performance and characteristics of the stone is to ask the vendor to view the diamond and discuss it with you, basic proportions and static images won't give you this info.

Firestone, the dark areas in the photo are the result of obstruction or the camera reflecting in the stone, these areas aren't inclusions. Obstruction is where the camera is blocking the light to the stone in certain areas and this is causing the dark areas you see.

politicalace

Rough_Rock
I sorry, I mispoke, I meant smaller table.

Thanks for the input so far, I guess at this point, I''m looking for opinions on the value that it represents and the quality. Does the stone look like a good stone for 2300

Firestone

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Lorelei. I didn''t think the black/dark areas were inclusions but I have seen some stones that showed some black that were not inclusions. I have always wondered why some stones showed that and others did not show that.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2010 4:49:04 PM
I sorry, I mispoke, I meant smaller table.

Thanks for the input so far, I guess at this point, I''m looking for opinions on the value that it represents and the quality. Does the stone look like a good stone for 2300
You can check pricing by using the Pricescope your Diamond: search tool above, that will bring up prices of similar. It appears to be a well cut stone as far as I can tell, just depends on what you want, whether you want a top cut Princess or a fine make cut, if you want the latter then this might fit the bill.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2010 4:51:42 PM
Author: Firestone
Thanks Lorelei. I didn''t think the black/dark areas were inclusions but I have seen some stones that showed some black that were not inclusions. I have always wondered why some stones showed that and others did not show that.
You are welcome!
35.gif

politicalace

Rough_Rock
Top Cut or Fine Make? Not sure what that means

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2010 5:09:39 PM
Top Cut or Fine Make? Not sure what that means

Top cut means a diamond is cut to the very highest standards. These are normally AGS0 graded Princess which often are the branded stones from vendors such as HighperformanceDiamonds that sell Crafted by Infinity Princess, Whiteflash A Cut Above Princess etc. These stones have top optical performance and finish ( polish and symmetry).

A fine make cut means a stone which is cut to high standards but not the highest as above. Can still be a very attractive diamond but doesn't meet the highest standards of cut quality and finish.

Between the two it depends on what you want, whether you prefer to get the best cut stone you can, or whether the fine make is sufficient for you.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

double post.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results