shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for opinions: Should I keep this one??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ETX

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
Here's the deal. I did a fair amount of research on the net and consulted a few B&M stores before purchasing a diamond. I did learn that cut was everything....and I made my purchase based on that assumption. I purchased an 'ideal' cut diamond from bluenile.com. I'm very pleased with the appearance, but I have nothing to compare it to side by side. I was completely happy with the diamond until I started reading more on the internet (after the purchase) about the Super Ideals out there...Eightstar, ACA, Superbcerts, etc. Now I am questioning whether I should reconsider and look at these super ideals. Here are the specs on my blue nile diamond.1.01c round
AGS000 cut (not sold as an H&A)
Measurements: 6.43-6.50x3.92mm
Girdle: 1.2-2.1
Culet: none
Flourescence: none
G
SI1
Table: 57
Depth: 60.6
Crown%: 14.5
Pavilion%: 42.7
Crown angle: 34.2
Pavilion angle: 40.7
Price: $6166The diamond did score quite well on the HCA.
Brilliance: Excellent
Fire: Excellent
Scintillation: Excellent
Spread: Very GoodTotal Visual Performance: 1-Excellent (or 0.4 when using percents instead of angles)My questions are: Did I get a good deal? Would a branded H&A (such as Eightstar, ACA, Superbcert) with similar proportions look better to the eye than my diamond? $6000 is already about breaking the bank, so I may have to sacrifice some color for a super ideal. What do you think? I would prefer to keep my diamond (from a lazyness standpoint), but am willing to return it if you all think a branded H&A is the way to go for the best sparkle. Thank you so much in advance for your advice!! I really appreciate it!!ETX

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Enjoy your diamond-I'm sure it's very beautiful!
smile.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
the debate will rage for some time about symmetry.
I know the traditional thinking is very very wrong. It is possible to have poor symmetry and a better looking diamond, and it is possible to have good symmetry and a worse looking diamond.
The answer is it depends!
I doubt very much if you put the stone you have alongside 1000 diamonds with a random selection including 5-10 H&A that your stone would not be in the top 10- 20 of most peoples selection.
Stick with it, you did good research.
Garry H

ETX

Rough_Rock
Lawmax and Gary,Thank you so much for the confidence boost...that's what I was looking for. Gary, Thanks for developing the HCA...it proved invaluable as a final check on my cut. Thanks again!ETX

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results