shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for New Email Client...

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all, as the title suggests, I am looking for a new email client to utilize on my machines. Although most my devices are now Win10 and Android, I do still toy with Linux. Also, although I sold my Macbook Pro, one may be in the future as I enjoy OS X. I mention this because I'd like something that is platform universal, but that's a desire not requirement.

I do run a myriad of email accounts -- 3 or 4 different Gmail accounts, an old iCloud (me.com) account, a work Exchange account and a university Exchange account.

While most offer a web interface, I don't really enjoy using those interfaces unless I'm traveling and it makes sense for one reason or another. For everyday use, I much prefer using an actual client and having the flexibility to drag/drop files from one account to another as one of my accounts I utilize as an archive of sorts (lots of folders & subfolders) so if things go kaput I always have a backup of important emails.

I'm okay with paying a small fee for the software. I've been using eM Client for my desktops/laptops. The problem is either I have too many emails filtering in or something happens that stuff gets lost. A few times I've tried responding to people associated with this forum and things went awry. I feel like poop that things I thought I responded to quickly are later discovered to NOT been sent or partially sent. Maybe I'm jumping between too many devices and have too many accounts. But It seems like this should be manageable.

When I had my MBP, I used Outlook which was a good deal. The problem with Outlook on Windows is you don't have the UNIFIED inbox where all your emails filter to from various accounts. So to check all your email, you have to jump from account 1 to account 2 and so on and so forth. Blah. This was the primary feature (along with Exchange support) that led me to move to eM Client.

Any tips or suggestions on better software?

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yeah, I also utilize one of my Exchange accounts to sync contacts (roughly 3,000+) and calendars.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The perfect email client does not exist and they all are a pita in some way or another. Outlook is probably the best of a sorry lot.
You can create a unified email box by creating a search folder that displays the content of all the inboxes.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Karl_K. I may setup my Outlook and try the custom search thing. I appreciate the tip.

Wonder why the Mac version of Outlook did that by default but the Win version doesn't?

amoline

Shiny_Rock
You may not like it at all, but for my business email I use Zoho mail - it's a bit more underdog and small, and it's rather simple, but ultimately it's no fuss for what I do with it.

I think they have larger options that are paid/for more people, etc.

You may hate it, but thought I'd point it out :D

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks @Karl_K. I may setup my Outlook and try the custom search thing. I appreciate the tip.

Wonder why the Mac version of Outlook did that by default but the Win version doesn't?
because if it makes sence then anything ms cant do it without a workaround.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You may not like it at all, but for my business email I use Zoho mail - it's a bit more underdog and small, and it's rather simple, but ultimately it's no fuss for what I do with it.

I think they have larger options that are paid/for more people, etc.

You may hate it, but thought I'd point it out :D

I was looking at this. If I interpreted correctly this is an email provider (with custom domain capability) that appears to be web based. Similar to a Google business service where it's all web based, but it appears to have a much cleaner interface IMO. Of course I've never been a fan of the Gmail interface.

Is there an actual client I can download for my computers, phones, etc?

because if it makes sence then anything ms cant do it without a workaround.

Haha, well it's M$ so common sense isn't so common. You don't know how bad it pains me to utilize their products. But harsh reality is apparently I need them more than I'd like to admit.

amoline

Shiny_Rock
You share my uncle's (who was a DBA for many many years) feelings about m-soft, lol

Zoho does have a client, and most of my access is on mobile. They're always very responsive on customer service so you could also email if you wanted to know about particular capabilities etc. Like I say, I'm not in the computer and tech field so it may not be exactly what you're looking for but I've always liked it and had few complaints.

PeakeStephanie

Rough_Rock
The client supports standard mail servers, IMAP mail connection, multiple accounts, delayed incoming mail, delivery information, templates, one-click unsubscribe, smart filters ("Unread," "Emails with attachments"), and so on. https://folderly.com/email-deliverability-test has its email encryption.They fix the deliverability of emails by identifying technical errors, fixing them first, and then addressing spam filters and posting emails, improving your rating with our emails aimed at eliminating spam sent from email addresses. When this feature is enabled, the sent mail can only be read in the Canary Mail client. The program can scan the mail and show emails that probably won't be very important to the user. I hope my comment will be helpful to you. Good luck

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results