shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for Floral Setting

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
www.antiqueengagementrings.com has some pretty reasonable floral settings as well

I'd also be checking out www.etsy.com bc a lot of sellers have more affordable prices but great quality work. Just look up engraved wedding ring or floral engagement ring or any combo that you can think of. They have feedback and everything and lots of great artists on there.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock

mrsjacob

Shiny_Rock
This is my Ann McKay ring (...which still hasn't gotten here arghhh)

It's peony leaves. Does that still count as floral?

Jacob,%20Carmen%20-%20White%20Peony%20reset.jpg

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Great suggestions... keep them coming! I'd love an McTeigue & McClelland setting, but I think that's out of my budget for this project. Is there a less expensive designer with a similar feel? I didn't realize there was so much great stuff on etsy!

MrsJacob, your ring is beautiful. I can't wait to see more pics when it arrives.

I think I found one contender, but I'm waiting to hear back to see if it can be made to fit my center stone.

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
In case it matters my center stone is a 2.2ish round. It's a deep yellow with a tinge of green.

I'm planning on wearing it on my right hand and would like to wear it almost daily so I don't want anything too delicate.

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I'm looking for something understated, but unique. Mc2 is very much my style, but is out of range for this project (hopefully, my eventual engagement ring will be by them). Is there a designer or etsy seller that incorporates some of the same leaf/petal work without the price tag?

I've found a few nice options for under $1k and that's kind of the top of my budget for this. I'm not looking for lots of pave work, but a little is fine.

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
vintagelover229|1310652152|2968726 said:
JBEG just did an inspiration one like the expensive designer Mc2 you could check out. I'm sure it's not under 1k though, probabaly 2k but its custom and would look amazing!

http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/JbEG-Signature-Settings-and/3StoneSettings/Name-TBD-Featuring-a-Sapphire/17706415_8TKV94#1354437900_jZj8PVG

Stunning! I'll definitely look into it. I don't think I want side stones, but I'll ask if she can do something similar.

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I sent JBEG a request for a quote so we'll see how doable that is. This is my leading contender at the moment.
1426-1a-1.jpg
1426-2-1.jpg
Thoughts?

mrsjacob

Shiny_Rock
Oh I really like that! It gets my vote for sure!

p.s. here's a hand pic of my new ring:
annmckaybigger%203.jpg

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
^^^^ Great hand shot! I love the little hands :love:

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Love the Beverly K setting! If I do either of the very similar bezel settings it will have to be custom made to fit my stone and both are 18k. The quote I got on the 2 tone is $1k whereas the quote on the white gold is $2k. Still looking at options with JBEG. I'm currently leaning towards the 2 tone (I wanted both white and yellow or rose gold). I'm trying to avoid pave work because I plan on making this a daily wear ring. I'm still open to more suggestions...

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd give Bill at Pearlmans a call, from my understanding Beverly K is open to semi-custom their pieces for you. So if you want 2-tone I bet it can be done, less pave, I'm sure that can be done and I already know they make it to fit your stone.

Can't hurt to ask! Either way it's going to be beautiful! :appl:

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
rubybeth|1310579068|2968166 said:
McTeigue & McClelland make some really lovely, unique floral designs: http://mc2jewels.com/

I love their work. Really really love them. But the basic flowers that were posted, cost about 3.5times of the OPs initial post (assuming she chooses platinum at 1.8K).

Budget would need to be considered.

Whups, already accounted for. Sorry, didn't read the whole thread. They ARE lovely though aren't they? Sigh.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results