carat
color
clarity

Looking for feedback on a stone - Please help

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Octo2005|1464015983|4035202 said:
I am thinking about purchasing this stone to place in a platinum halo setting. Any feedback would be appreciated. Not sure if this is a good choice.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/3.11-carat-h-color-vs1-clarity-sku-1081095

It looks like a nice stone to me. Nice light return without too much mush. Have you requested an aset on it from JA? If it's in
the NY area they can do it but otherwise they can not. It would be nice to see an aset.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The yellow areas are areas of mushiness but there is a large center area that looks pretty nice. This is just one static shot so
even though it looks like a lot of mushiness I dont think its that bad compared to a lot of other cushions. The mushiness is
symmetrical even though my outlines are not (the stone is tilted in the picture I captured). Do you like the faceting
pattern of this stone?

Edit ...just wanted to say that if I was looking for an elongated cushion then I would buy it (if the aset is decent).

three_carat_cushion.png

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. The stone is not in their office, so an ASET is not available. I do see the areas that you have circled. There is video of the stone spinning on the website and it appears to have great sparkle. But I am no expert. I would like to avoid the crushed ice, that you see in a lot of the cushions.

Yes, I prefer an elongated shape. Just feeling a little overwhelmed and unsure. To me it looks like a beautiful stone, but wanted opinions from people with more knowledge about diamonds

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That stone is very pretty. Do you think that I color would be to noticeable set in platinum?

Now I am really confused. I liked the first stone, but I can see that the one you suggested might have more "fire" to it

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1464022599|4035245 said:
The yellow areas are areas of mushiness but there is a large center area that looks pretty nice. This is just one static shot so
even though it looks like a lot of mushiness I dont think its that bad compared to a lot of other cushions. The mushiness is
symmetrical even though my outlines are not (the stone is tilted in the picture I captured). Do you like the faceting
pattern of this stone?

Edit ...just wanted to say that if I was looking for an elongated cushion then I would buy it (if the aset is decent).

This is what I was explaining in the OP's other thread about the "X" mush... I'd definitely want an ASET though, as I love the shape.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1464023531|4035256 said:
Did you see this one? It looks interesting too. It is a color lower though.
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/3.03-carat-i-color-vvs2-clarity-sku-245748

This has cool faceting and looks to be "on" all the time. It is a lower color, but I think it would look fine in white metal. It's going to look a little smaller, as the other stone was 8-ish x 10-ish... I like the shape of the other one, but it shows not available right now anyway...

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have it on hold. I was going to purchase but wanted to sleep on it. Now, I am not sure. I really do like the shape and in the video it has great sparkle. ASET not available because it is offsite. I hadn't noticed the mushy areas before, but I do see what you mean. It is listed as a cushion brilliant as opposed to the modified which often appear to have that crushed ice.

I also like that it measures large for a 3, which I feel gives you more bang for your buck. However, if it doesn't sparkle whats the point.

If it were you would your buy?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results