shape
carat
color
clarity

looking for advise and opnions on 2 diamonds!

zulu

Rough_Rock
I need all of your wonderful opinions! I narrowed my diamond to these two selections:I am kind of leaning towards this one due to its size. Its costing about $8,900. I was a little concerned about the cut, polish, and fluorescence though. –

http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.showReportVerification&reportno=2125497836&weight=1.53

This is my second choice. Smaller but higher quality and its about $600 less. Its my more conservative choice. –
http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.showReportVerification&reportno=5121242835&weight=1.30

I greatly appreciate your opinions and suggestions. Thanks!

zulu

Rough_Rock
i must also add its for an engagement ring (this is why im thinking the bigger one might be best)! thanks again!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first will be a very bright stone - sharp, splintery white light return, but you may find it shows less colour in some lighting types than other well-cut stones. While I doubt you'd see the 'good' polish with the naked eye, with so many rbs out there that are graded vg or ex it shouldn't be hard to find one that meets your specifications with a 'better' polish grade if you are uncomfortable..

The second may show slight leakage under the table if examined with one eye, it may not. Images would help if buying blind, or better yet - a comparison in person?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
do you have images?

ETA nothing to worry about with faint fluor, will not be noticeable

zulu

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately I do not have any pictures. Do you guys think that $8900 for the 1.53 is a good price? And more importantly do you think that this is a good stone I am buying?

I’m a bit nervous because this is the biggest purchase I made in my entire life and want to make sure I get it done right. Anymore feedback would be great!

demirci

Rough_Rock
If your budget is around 9000 you could make a more informed decision by finding an online vendor that shows actual pictures and Idealscope images . whiteflash.com, goodoldgold.com, briangavindiamonds.com. then you won't have to guess the performance.
For example
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2531888.htm
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2228571.htm

I wouldn't go for the bigger diamond just because it is big. Go for a better cut and higher clarity and you'll have a diamond that sparkles more.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1291356869|2786012 said:
The first will be a very bright stone - sharp, splintery white light return, but you may find it shows less colour in some lighting types than other well-cut stones. While I doubt you'd see the 'good' polish with the naked eye, with so many rbs out there that are graded vg or ex it shouldn't be hard to find one that meets your specifications with a 'better' polish grade if you are uncomfortable..

The second may show slight leakage under the table if examined with one eye, it may not. Images would help if buying blind, or better yet - a comparison in person?

Yssie, don't you think that first stone could have obstruction issues?

ETA That first choice Demirci posted is a good pick if you don't mind going a bit smaller. Are you looking to buy from a B&M?

zulu

Rough_Rock
Siamese Kitty|1291406851|2786550 said:

ETA That first choice Demirci posted is a good pick if you don't mind going a bit smaller. Are you looking to buy from a B&M?

At this point I don't really care where I get the diamond from but just need it asap (before Christmas). I do want the stone to be over 1.4 cts though..

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
zulu|1291410283|2786626 said:
Siamese Kitty|1291406851|2786550 said:

At this point I don't really care where I get the diamond from but just need it asap (before Christmas). I do want the stone to be over 1.4 cts though..

Would think not, pav is nice and steep to balance the crown - it is pav that is the primary concern re obstruction, though the proportion combo is always the factor to consider when purchasing. In as much as we can say anything from the rounded & averaged numbers listed on the GIA report.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I would go with the second stone- as it is a better cut and color.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results