shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for advice on working with Tianyu, SG, Etc.

Tedward

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I'm shopping for an engagement ring for my girlfriend, and we decided to go with moissanite. She has shown me what she likes, and I'm going from there. I saw a ring on the reddit moissanite forum that I think would be perfect for her. The owner of that ring got it from moissanite and co and I think I managed to find the same one. It's within range of what I'm willing to spend, but I've heard mixed reviews about them. In addition, anything I don't spend on the ring, can be put toward the wedding which we both agree is more important to us. So I'm having the ring quoted through some Chinese companies to see if I can do better on price. What I'm ultimately looking for, is advice on what things I need to make sure I ask or mention when working with Tianyu, SG, etc. And if there is anything specific to this type of ring I want to make sure to mention as well.

I'm looking at a 6.5mm h&a cut moissanite, I'm thinking colorless, set in white gold. I don't know whether to use moissanite or diamonds for the stones along the twisted infinity portion of the ring and would love some recommendations! My girlfriend likes smaller, daintier bands with a more modest center stone. I think she will like the fact that this has more detail than a plain white gold band, but still manages to look petite.
View media item 122704View media item 122703View media item 122702View media item 122701

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Can you show us a pic of the ring she likes?

Tedward

Rough_Rock
Congrats! Can you show us a pic of the ring she likes?
Here are some examples she has shown me or are recent on her Pinterest. When we looked at some in person, she decided she didn't like halos and preferred solitaires, so any halos are just examples for bands.
Screenshot_20190221-105554__01.jpg Screenshot_20190221-105609__01.jpg Screenshot_20190221-105635__01.jpg IMG_7788__01.png IMG_5792-2__01.png 1550764309672_IMG_5793__01.png IMG_5790-1__01.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I'd say if there's a specific style/set she showed you from moissanite co, that I'd be tempted to buy from them. I know they've had issues, but communication with the international vendors isn't always easy, and sometimes mistakes get made. That's not to say people should avoid them entirely, but for an engagement ring I think it's sometimes safest to go with something that already exists rather than doing custom. Did she see one on moCo that she particularly liked, or was it just an example of the style?

Tedward

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I'd say if there's a specific style/set she showed you from moissanite co, that I'd be tempted to buy from them. I know they've had issues, but communication with the international vendors isn't always easy, and sometimes mistakes get made. That's not to say people should avoid them entirely, but for an engagement ring I think it's sometimes safest to go with something that already exists rather than doing custom. Did she see one on moCo that she particularly liked, or was it just an example of the style?
Everything she has shown me has pretty much been an example of styles that she likes. I don't think there is one particular set that she just absolutely loves (that would make it too easy :lol:).

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha fair enough! So all the examples you posted are solitaires with 4 prongs, except 1 was a three stone. Since you said solitaire overall, I'm going to assume that's what she wants. Did she show you any pics with a side view so we can see the basket/how the prongs go from the shank to the stone?

Tedward

Rough_Rock
Haha fair enough! So all the examples you posted are solitaires with 4 prongs, except 1 was a three stone. Since you said solitaire overall, I'm going to assume that's what she wants. Did she show you any pics with a side view so we can see the basket/how the prongs go from the shank to the stone?
She hasn't specifically sent me anything that includes a side view. These are a few examples from her Pinterest (before she landed on solitaires) that include them. Screenshot_20190221-111557__01.jpg Screenshot_20190221-111653__01.jpg Screenshot_20190221-111724__01.jpg Screenshot_20190221-111734__01.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results