shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for advice on a necklace / pregnant

Os2firefox

Rough_Rock
I saw the following necklace / pendant going for $440 locally. Material is 14k white gold. Does that sound like a fair price?

kvdOw8P.jpg

Would also welcome recommendations on other jewellers that may have something similar. It has to have 5 gem slots and I would like to pick the gems after buying the necklace.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can't answer price question but it is very interesting and could be really beautiful with stones populating the slots, as you call them

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the size(how tall and wide) and how much does it weigh? In my neck of the woods $440 is high unless it is a heavy piece
which I doubt it is.

Is this piece for you? How old is the person it is for if I may ask?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does that price include a chain? If not you'll need another few hundred for a chain (unless you already have one). It does seem expensive for just a pendant. As for adding gems, I can only see one prong, is there a rail on the opposite side to hold the stones? One prong won't hold a gem in place. Also getting gems set is about $50 - $100 each plus the cost of the actual gem. All this will start adding up to $$$ but it's a lovely idea.

Os2firefox

Rough_Rock
Let's see if I can answer some questions...

The pendant is 4 grams and about an inch long. It does come with a necklace, but not sure how big it is.

It is for my wife, who is 28 :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Os2firefox|1480456834|4103545 said:
Let's see if I can answer some questions...

The pendant is 4 grams and about an inch long. It does come with a necklace, but not sure how big it is.

It is for my wife, who is 28 :)

I just bought a 16 inch (rather small) chain for about $200 ...I'll out go out on a limb and mention that this
style of necklace is not really "in" right now. I think of this kind of necklace for more of an older person
(and I'm not exactly young myself). If you want to do a "mothers" pendant I would go for something with
a younger vibe...especially for a 28 year old.

http://www.stuller.com/products/86147/?groupId=121638&recommendationSource=productpage&recommendationType=recommendation&recommendationId=121642

http://www.stuller.com/products/86161/?groupId=121642&recommendationSource=productpage&recommendationType=recommendation&recommendationId=121638

http://www.stuller.com/products/86092/?groupId=121057&recommendationSource=productpage&recommendationType=recommendation&recommendationId=121638

Ok, so, honestly, if you think your wife would like the one you posted...by all means go with it. You know her...if the $440 includes
the chain and setting of all the stones then I think that is fairly reasonable.

If you like any of the ones I posted, any jeweler should be able to get them from Stuller for you. Its a fairly well know provider.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results