shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a second set of eyes on this 3+ ct round diamond please!

Dizz17

Rough_Rock
First time diving into the lab made diamond. Always purchased earth mined in the past. Looking for another set of eyes. All opinions welcomed as I have been out of the game a while but its all coming back to me. Specs on this diamond appear to be within ideal range and I see nothing concerning. This is being purchased from someone who I have done business with before a few times, with no bad experiences. Has an excellent rep.

Few questions.

I realize the HCA is just an eliminator reference. But should I be concerned with the Very Good Light Return and Spread? I realize there are more variables, just curious why it scored very good in a few categories but all the numbers appear ideal. Any input is appreciated.

My jeweler says this is a fantastic diamond (they all say that :lol:) and a true hearts and arrows. Can anyone give their opinion based on the numbers? I have requested some ASET/ID scope images and will update this post when I get them.

Carat Weight 3.19 Carats
Color Grade F
Clarity Grade VS 1
Cut Grade IDEAL
Polish EXCELLENT
Symmetry EXCELLENT
Measurements 9.42 - 9.45 x 5.81 mm
Table Size 57.5%
Crown Height 15% - 34.9°
Pavilion Depth 43% - 40.8°
Girdle Thickness MEDIUM (FACETED)
Culet POINTED
Total Depth 61.5%
Fluorescence NONE

Attached IGI report, HCI results and quick over view video. I see diamonds of this quality and spec for $14K+. My price would be well under that price. Very tempting.

Thanks for your time everyone!

Video:

HCA.jpg
HCA2.jpg
igi.jpg

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most diamonds get Very Good on Spread, so that's not a problem. It looks very nice in the video. Do you have a magnified HD video taken in a studio so we can see if there's any striation or tint issues?

Dizz17

Rough_Rock
Most diamonds get Very Good on Spread, so that's not a problem. It looks very nice in the video. Do you have a magnified HD video taken in a studio so we can see if there's any striation or tint issues?

Thanks for the feedback. No I do not but I can request anything suggested!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Pending the ASET image and macro video(s) that Kim N suggested you request for absolute assurance, I think it looks really good in the video you did provide, Dizz17.

Dizz17

Rough_Rock
Pending the ASET image and macro video(s) that Kim N suggested you request for absolute assurance, I think it looks really good in the video you did provide, Dizz17.

I already requested the aset images. I'll ask for macro videos and report back. Thanks.

Dizz17

Rough_Rock
Additional pictures. Waiting on video. Please let me know your thoughts :) @DejaWiz @Kim N

The Gemex report shows average brilliance. Kind of matches the HCA light return of Very good. Anything to be concerned about?

Screenshot_20220501-103109_Gallery.jpg
497171813-Arrows-02.jpg
497171813-ASET black (Fancy)-01.jpg
497171813-ASET white-01.jpg
497171813-Hearts-01.jpg
497171813-IdealScope-01.jpg
497171813-Officelight black-01.jpg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
ASET looks good to my eyes.
Not surprised that is scores a bit higher for fire with the 40.8/34.9/57.5 combo.
Karl_K anything jump out at you in the advanced images?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There looks to be a little under-table leakage, but given that you said it's priced well below others of the same specs, I think it's still a good buy.

Dizz17

Rough_Rock
There looks to be a little under-table leakage, but given that you said it's priced well below others of the same specs, I think it's still a good buy.

I noticed that as well. But I'm a bit confused given the solid parameters and ideal cut. Odd...

Screenshot_20220501-121723.jpg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I noticed that as well. But I'm a bit confused given the solid parameters and ideal cut. Odd...

Screenshot_20220501-121723.jpg

I would still call it an excellent ASET and an ideal cut diamond. May be slightly out of critically tight requirements for a true super ideal cut, but should still be quite a stunner.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would still call it an excellent ASET and an ideal cut diamond. May be slightly out of critically tight requirements for a true super ideal cut, but should still be quite a stunner.

Its not h&a level optical symmetry to be super-ideal.
It is however a fairly well cut diamond, just not tuned in the way the b-scope likes. The more directional the light return the better the b-scope score but that does not translate into wow and blah in the real world very well.

Dizz17

Rough_Rock
It is however a fairly well cut diamond, just not tuned in the way the b-scope likes. The more directional the light return the better the b-scope score but that does not translate into wow and blah in the real world very well.

Thanks for the info. We are looking for a perfect hearts & arrows/cut in the 3.00-3.25. I have let my jeweler to see what else he can find. He has many connections..

So @Karl_K sounds like I can easily do better?

We are looking to upgrade my wife's 1.51. Looking for something super brilliant. A wow factor because she deserves it lol.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Thank you again, Karl

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the info. We are looking for a perfect hearts & arrows/cut in the 3.00-3.25. I have let my jeweler to see what else he can find. He has many connections..

So @Karl_K sounds like I can easily do better?

We are looking to upgrade my wife's 1.51. Looking for something super brilliant. A wow factor because she deserves it lol.
3ct+ h&a super-ideal stones in both lab and mined are out there but not as easy as finding say a 1ct.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results