shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a Pairiba Trourmaline

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking for that lovely Windex blue color. Please list any vendors whom you know that sell them.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paraiba International

Yvonne from Cecile Raley Designs

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
@Rare gem lover (gemobsesssdsingapore) also sources paraibas.

Are you looking for Paraiba or Mozambique cuprian tourmalines? 97DD5658-4394-4638-8F4E-525298CAC2F3.png

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You might also check out @Desertrose offerings on LT. She had a lovely trillion paraiba cab for sale when I last checked yesterday. If that one is gone, she'll have others. I'm setting an oval paraiba cab from her in a ring.

IMG_0162.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second paraiba International a lot of pariaba these days have been oil filled they also fill them with things like Opticon and most of the people selling them don't realise it, or that has been my experience with them. There is a huge gem seller that goes to Gem shows in Hong Kong and through out Asia that sells treated paraiba that claims they are oiled only.

You want heat only, untreated and NO oil or fillers or dyes of any kind.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second paraiba International a lot of pariaba these days have been oil filled they also fill them with things like Opticon and most of the people selling them don't realise it, or that has been my experience with them. There is a huge gem seller that goes to Gem shows in Hong Kong and through out Asia that sells treated paraiba that claims they are oiled only.

You want heat only, untreated and NO oil or fillers or dyes of any kind.
Unfortunately, it will be difficult to find a paraiba that hasn’t been clarity enhanced in some way. At least opticon is one of the more stable fillers,and definitely no dyes. You should therefore never put them in ultrasonic cleaners, or use steam cleaners on them. The jeweler should be made aware of this as well.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, it will be difficult to find a paraiba that hasn’t been clarity enhanced in some way. At least opticon is one of the more stable fillers,and definitely no dyes. You should therefore never put them in ultrasonic cleaners, or use steam cleaners on them. The jeweler should be made aware of this as well.

You can find heat only pariaba from Mozambique, the Brazilian stuff ie the real stuff from Paraiba well that's a whole other story. I don't consider heat only that bad, I do consider fillers a no no, I have a paraiba here that has been "oiled" and when I put pressure on it, it internally suddenly appeared with hundreds of white fractured crystals (which was an eye opener for me). I'm 99% sure it's had either Opticon or some type of epoxy added to it, you would have to see it to understand why people should not buy them.

I had this conversation with a well known gem dealer one of the pioneers of writing about stones and we both think these types of fillers in tourmalines are best avoided if possible.

Last edited:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can find heat only pariaba from Mozambique, the Brazilian stuff ie the real stuff from Paraiba well that's a whole other story.
I think they clarity enhance stones from both regions. Heat is always assumed. There are some Brazilian stones that were not heated in the early days of the discovery, but they are rarer than hen’s teeth. Even so, it’s almost impossible to determine non heated stones. Clarity enhancement is a whole different ball of wax.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they clarity enhance stones from both regions. Heat is always assumed. There are some Brazilian stones that were not heated in the early days of the discovery, but they are rarer than hen’s teeth. Even so, it’s almost impossible to determine non heated stones. Clarity enhancement is a whole different ball of wax.

Doug Menadue, in Sydney had a Brazilian one (old material) that was untreated lovely colour but a huge window several years ago that I looked at and sent back I still to this day regret not keeping that stone :lol: It sold like 5 minutes after I sent it back.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doug Menadue, in Sydney had a Brazilian one (old material) that was untreated lovely colour but a huge window several years ago that I looked at and sent back I still to this day regret not keeping that stone :lol: It sold like 5 minutes after I sent it back.

I suppose if it wasn’t meant to be, then it wasn’t meant to be. You still should love the gem enough to keep it, no matter the rarity factor. I have a friend with a saturated paraiba, but the window drives her crazy, so she really doesn’t care for it that much.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results