shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a larger sapphire like this!

eesmom

Shiny_Rock

Does the sapphire in this listing have good tone and saturation? Maybe too dark?

eesmom

Shiny_Rock

This stone as well? It looks dark in some pictures but maybe due to the setting as well? Not crazy about the huge setting since it isn't my style but curious about the stone!

eesmom

Shiny_Rock

I think my favorite so far of the three. . . i even like the setting! Thoughts on the color and cut?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1st one - too dark and poorly cut
2nd one - still dark looking but much better cut
3rd one - lighter and brighter, minor cut issues

3rd is the best of the 3.

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
1st one - too dark and poorly cut
2nd one - still dark looking but much better cut
3rd one - lighter and brighter, minor cut issues

3rd is the best of the 3.

thank you! Could I ask what kind of cut issues are with the 3rd one? I just want to educate myself so I can get better at seeing these pic!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Light return looks a bit funky but not badly enough to be a deal breaker. Could be a very small but longish (NS) window or tilt window.

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
2C2055A7-1DDC-46B0-9667-08E8DD75FB61.png
has anyone bought from thaigems on eBay? They seem to have a large inventory.

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
2D7A2F8B-8C2C-460D-BC07-F2FFAF619D3B.png
this is a ring that I am thinking about. a little over 2 ct, heated sapphire. Any thoughts would be appreciated! The seller can’t provide any video of the ring because of their store being closed but this pic appears to be taken outside, direct sun?

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
this is a ring that I am thinking about. a little over 2 ct, heated sapphire. Any thoughts would be appreciated! The seller can’t provide any video of the ring because of their store being closed but this pic appears to be taken outside, direct sun?

That's it? Just one photo? I'd want more photos and a video. They'll need to get it from the store to send it to you, so they should be able to get to it now. Surely they can get a better photo with some sparkle. What's the return policy?

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
That's it? Just one photo? I'd want more photos and a video. They'll need to get it from the store to send it to you, so they should be able to get to it now. Surely they can get a better photo with some sparkle. What's the return policy?

They actually had 3 photos but they were just side shots I believe. I did ask for videos when he was able to get back into the store but because he is in NYC, I think it may be more strict. I definitely will wait until I can get more info because I go any further. I realize that it is difficult to make any assessments with just one photo but I guess I was hopeful for any thoughts!

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

2.11 cts? He is a very popular seller, and has a very active instagram account. Many many transactions and a lot of videos on instagram -- you may find a video of this stones on his instagram. Also possible that one of the other instagram vendors who visits him regularly -- someone like xothebijouxbox -- will have a video of a tray full of his stones (including this one) on their instagram account. lol I am just too lazy to check!

I would sit tight -- it is not going anywhere. He is responsive and will probably video it for you when he gets back into the office. (but right now he obviously should stay home and safe with his family -- omg so cute :) hope they are all doing well).

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
2.11 cts? He is a very popular seller, and has a very active instagram account. Many many transactions and a lot of videos on instagram -- you may find a video of this stones on his instagram. Also possible that one of the other instagram vendors who visits him regularly -- someone like xothebijouxbox -- will have a video of a tray full of his stones (including this one) on their instagram account. lol I am just too lazy to check!

I would sit tight -- it is not going anywhere. He is responsive and will probably video it for you when he gets back into the office. (but right now he obviously should stay home and safe with his family -- omg so cute :) hope they are all doing well).

hi @qubitasaurus! Yes you are correct and I did check his feed but alas none of this one! I will indeed have to practice patience. ;-) Thank you for your reassuring reply!:)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to say - I am in a similar boat. Looking for my first big sapphire purchase while being stuck at home - lots of time on my hands, nice to have something fun and lovely to think about - I have been using the time to research, learn, and talk to vendors. Although looking for a different kind of sapphire (so don't worry, I won't nab anything you are sharing as I have heard happens sometimes!!). I have decided not to make a purchase at this very moment and wait and watch. I have reached out to vendors that also vary in locale - including one in Asia and two in Australia. Also multiple in the USA. It has been fun to learn and not rush into things. But also feels a little stressful to wait when the excitement is so palpable.

I have learned a few things. The markets in Sri Lanka and Thailand etc are on lockdown (as someone else said) and one dealer in Sri Lanka expects will be for some time/has slowed enough that the stock they have now is the stock they will have in all likelihood for the remainder of the year and that prices might go up given scarcity of stones (although I am sure demand is similarly scarce). They explained that once markets resume, it will take time to mine, cut, polish, etc. (This wasn't at all to pressure - just explain that I might have to revisit in 2021). Any additions will be small stones cut from rough that was on the back burner and already in the vendor's possession. I encountered the same with an American vendor who gets rough from Asia. Other US vendors are locked out of their own buildings due to shelter in place. Not just in NYC, but also California.

My own 2 cents - Finewater really stood out on my search as having absolutely impeccably cut / colored stones. I don't know much about sapphires or gems for that matter - but I see someone with much more knowledge than I recommended his stones. Gary is extremely nice and able to share lots of photos.

I can also confirm another posters comments that gold is very very expensive. My fiance and I were going to get plain wedding bands made in the hopes that our wedding still happens in September, one 2mm and the other 5mm, absolutely without adornment and the cost was 2.5x what I was quoted 3 months ago. :eek2: I've never seen plain bands quoted so high except for from designers like Tiffany's or Cartier - I can assure you we are not buying from a vendor like that!!!!

Wishing you well on your search and hope you find the one at the right time. Generally, I have found vendors very responsive, kind and helpful and fully expect that purchases may be made a bit down the road.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
2C2055A7-1DDC-46B0-9667-08E8DD75FB61.png
has anyone bought from thaigems on eBay? They seem to have a large inventory.

This is going to be really really dark in person. You can see even in the photo it has black out tendencies.

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
This is going to be really really dark in person. You can see even in the photo it has black out tendencies.

Thank you for that input!

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
4A6D7727-02AA-4EA9-BDAB-80F5AEF7101A.png thoughts on this stone? does this sapphire have a glow? Or is it too cloudy? I asked for a video but haven’t heard back yet.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
4A6D7727-02AA-4EA9-BDAB-80F5AEF7101A.png thoughts on this stone? does this sapphire have a glow? Or is it too cloudy? I asked for a video but haven’t heard back yet.

It definitely seems bit cloudy. I'd wait on natural lighting pictures, but my instinct is to be skeptical about the price; seems a bit low imo.

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
It definitely seems bit cloudy. I'd wait on natural lighting pictures, but my instinct is to be skeptical about the price; seems a bit low imo.

Okay, the seller posted some videos and I’ll try to link them here if I can. But if I can’t, the listing has them. I looked at them and I think it is a really pretty stone. I think the stone is actually too large for me, so if anyone else wants to get it, I think it would be a great deal!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to say the sapphire you have is really beautiful. I absolutely love the color. It’s even and clear and saturated without any gray to my eye.

Be careful when you’re shopping because you might be disappointed by one that is bigger, but not as nice, or just dressed up in a pretty setting. Take your time and look at lots. Happy hunting!

Hello Psers, I was wondering what kind of price point I would be looking at if I was looking for a sapphire in a 8-9 mm range round or 8 by 10 mm oval? I’ve included pics of my ring with my stone.

I ask because I am new to the sapphire market( this ring was a gift from my hubby many years ago) and with an anniversary coming up, I wanted to get a larger stone. Thanks so much!

And also for fun, what color would you call my stone? 7EA9EB37-E777-4109-8D44-AF9F2049361B.jpeg A3F107E8-9042-4CFB-8AA7-9B22F27B1C71.jpeg 999CFD59-982D-41B8-9992-A36CC0282702.jpeg E00315B5-4DE9-4365-8347-033E86AB5A3F.jpeg EA7B0609-8AAD-4356-BC81-D4817C7ABB49.jpeg

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
So, the seller in NYC got back to me and sent me the ring to see it in person. Here are some pics in different lighting.
t 375B19F0-CF90-4B8B-9CA3-D05F4C470E2B.jpeg 47841183-E5E4-48A9-A7EE-76A39E864EEB.jpeg 91D37B87-5D7C-4E26-8171-137C53ED5C0F.jpeg
The top one is in the car on a cloudy day. The middle one is under my kitchen lights.
The bottom one is in my kitchen away from the lights.

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
This last one is with the light coming from behind me- my house is really dark most of the day and it is a cloudy day today, so maybe the worst kind of lighting for a pic? DEC9A50C-1298-4619-AEB1-93004B43A601.jpeg

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
I love seeing jewelry in the car. Like a big light box!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results