shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a jewelry box - suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
My wife is in need of a nice jewelry box. She wants it big enough to hold most of her stuff, but small enough to sit on the dresser. The one she currently uses is poorly made and is coming apart at the seams.

I would like to find a small really well-made wood cabinet - a real piece of furniture. We looked at some boxes in a store called Bombay. They looked nice, sort of a mahogany finish, but they were made of pressed sawdust under a thin wood veneer. Yuck. I guess the price was right.

I want real wood and real craftmanship, not something slapped together in China which will loose its good looks when it actually gets used. And I''m willing to pay the freight. Any ideas where to look?

R/A

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have bought some boxes like that for my daughter, but I will have to look up where I got them. If anyone else has the info., jump right in!

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go, R/A-

I am unsure if I bought my daughter''s jewelry boxes from this website, but the boxes sold on this site are close to, if not identical to, hers. They are good quality and not inexpensive!

Deb

jewelry boxes

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
She''s not taking new orders until next year, but I highly recommend Jane Burke at Greentree Creations.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome suggestions guys. Thanks!

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
I actually prefer the leather ones - they look much nicer in my opinion. Most of those wooden boxes look like they belong to hobbits.

check this one out from Saks.

stacy11101

Rough_Rock
try fortunoff or barneys ny....kinda pricey but i bet they have what your looking for, my moms is from fortunoff and it''s burl and it''s gorgeous, somewhere in the 400+ range

good luck...

stacy

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Of course...maybe jewelry boxes are just like diamonds.

But, based on now having done a quick review of the suggestions I''ve so far seen here, I''ll go out on a limb and share where I got the two major Jewelery containers I''ve gotten for my wife:

1) Bradlees (I think they''re dead now)
2) Walmart (last year...it''s a big one, with legs)

I think I must have paid about $120 (maybe it was $169?) for the big one, with a mirror that opens up when you lift the lid. I know, this is not luxury digs, but that is where I''ve found them.

Works for me. Have been very serviceable.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
www.redenvelope.com has a few of them.

personally i prefer the leather ones as well or the new lacquer ones from hold everything (
www.holdeverything.com). i hate matching wood to my bedroom decor, but a brown leather goes with everything! thought my tastes are somewhat contemporary. my mom has a huge jewelry box that is about the size of an end table with legs and it stands on the floor. huge! i think she got it at a macys or something.

oh and pottery barn bed and bath had one on the back of their catalog cover which i just saw last nite that you can monogram one initial on the glass top. it's an antique white, pretty and only $45. i was shocked at the price! too bad i don't like antique white.
2.gif

good luck!

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Wink sells several different jewelry boxes which are shown on his website. I would give him a call.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
I have been lusting after these for awhile...they come in differnt wood combos...

www.heartwood.com

Heartwood Creations

cascade_2_for%20webmed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results