shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a classic Tiffany style ring

wayne234

Rough_Rock
We are in the process of looking for a ring and we have the style that we want. It's the classic 6 prong Tiffany style knifes edge. Looking around the site we saw that Vatche U113 and the WhiteFlash reproduction were both highly popular. I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the options and determining which is the more faithful reproduction.

For the diamond we were looking to be in the 1.5ish carat range, perhaps more. We are fine going down as low as an I in color. We were previously looking at vs1 grade diamonds, but upon looking into WhiteFlash we saw that the Si1 "eye clean" ACAs are very popular here and it seems like they are a great value. So anyone with experience in that department would be great as well.

All that is a long way of saying, between the Vatche and WhiteFlash reproduction, which is more faithful? Are there any notes that I should give WhiteFlash when ordering? I saw some people had prongs changed out among other things, so if there is anything special I need to do\say that'd be good to know! I plan on talking over all this with someone at WhiteFlash, but I figure it wouldn't hurt to make the process easier to get some of the information beforehand to streamline the process.

Thanks for your help!

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
I do not have personal experience but I took at look at what you are referring to. For reference the Tiffany setting:
the-tiffany-setting-1_17655485e040903_v.3_cw_tf_ml_x1b_SPM_R1.jpg

I personally think these two are the most similar to the Tiffany setting:

https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...fany-style-solitaire-engagement-ring-3581.htm
https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...half-round-solitaire-engagement-ring-3585.htm

I think the Vatche U113 is a bit more different than the WF ones as less of the diamond side is exposed in them. The prongs attach in such a way that they cover more of the diamond than the Tiffany one and the WF ones:
https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...-solitaire-engagement-ring-by-vatche-1779.htm

I personally prefer the second one I posted. I think it also has the most similarity

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen a lot of the real thing from Tiffany and many replicas. My current favorite is the slightly customized version that @HappyNewLife had WF make using a WF knife-edge solitaire customized to be thinner and to have a softer knife edge (and claw prongs). Swoon....:kiss2:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ackkkkkkkkkk-its-happening-wf-upgrade.235086/page-4

img_4478-png.600968

Here a post with a side-by-side comparison I pulled from other posts.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nspired-platinum-setting.235362/#post-4242706

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's my ring up there, thanks rocky!

I loved the U113, but didn't love the cost and the fact that it would take longer. I also didn't want blobby prongs. I asked WF to do the following to their knife-edge ring:

delicate claw prongs
delicate knife edge (not so square as the stock photos look)
narrow shank (I think mine is 1.8mm)
set the diamond medium height (I think it's a little too squat though, I may fix this one day)

hope that helps. LMK if you want specific photos

wayne234

Rough_Rock
Yea I think the biggest thing we are looking at is the prongs. The Tiffany has a delicate set of prongs that almost melt into the diamond and in many we have seen then prongs are more pronounced. The other thing we noticed like you said was the diamond was set a little lower. Let me see if I can find my reference pics. I’m not opposed to waiting for the vatche ring if it’s a closer representation out the box. I figure the less I alter the better?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that the WF version that @HappyNewLife had made is the best Tiffany-repro. Regarding the prongs, if you want the same prongs as T&Co, then just have WF do small tab prongs. I had CVB modify her Jovyn design to include prongs that were reminiscent of vintage Tiffany... petite tabs (see avatar). They are tiny IRL.
CVB Soli Blue Capsules 4.jpg CVB Soli Rx Azith Box.jpg CVB Soli Stack_collage1.jpg

Attachments

• Zina_Antiqued_Eternity_Platinum_Ering.jpg
    Zina_Antiqued_Eternity_Platinum_Ering.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 54
  • CVB Soli_OPI Gel_Suzi Chases Portu-geese.jpg
    CVB Soli_OPI Gel_Suzi Chases Portu-geese.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 10
  • CVB Soli Hand 1.jpg
    CVB Soli Hand 1.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 8

wayne234

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your help, those are some stunning rings! I think I’ve decided to go the white flash route based on all the feedback. I’m going to do some looking and may reach out to you @HappyNewLife with some of your specs, it’s all still a bit Greek to me :)

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all your help, those are some stunning rings! I think I’ve decided to go the white flash route based on all the feedback. I’m going to do some looking and may reach out to you @HappyNewLife with some of your specs, it’s all still a bit Greek to me :)

sure thing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results