shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking at a 4+ Carat Round - Which of the 3 is best?

ashapir3

Rough_Rock
Looking at one of the 3 below. What do you guys think?
Diamond 1 I would have to wait a little bit for. Diamond 2 looks decent but I am worried about the inclusion on the face... Thimk it will look ovious to the naked eye?
Diamond 3 is a biver size and better clarity but down a color grade and not sure if it's worth paying the extra $4k for, also the HCA score is 2.8 so seems like it wouldn't be as great of a light return as the other two?

What are your guys thoughts?

Diamond 1: $17,190, 4.03, SI1, G, HCA score 0.7 - No image in link just the report - the diamond image is attached
4.03 Carat.jpg

Diamond 2: $17,000, 4.06, SI1, G, HCA score 0.6 - what do you guys think of this inclusion on the face? think it will be noticeable?

Diamond 3: $21,550, 4.31, VS2, H, HCA score 2.8

PriceLinkCarrotClarityColorCut/Pol/SymDepthTableCrownCrown/PavilionL x WHolloway Cut Advisor Score
$17,190https://www.brilliantearth.com/lab-diamonds-search/view_detail/10082074/4.03SI1GId/Ex/Ex61.25734.840.610.30.7
$17,000 4.06SI1GId/Ex/Ex60.856.534.540.410.30.6
$21,550 4.31VS2HId/Ex/Ex61.356.534.541.210.62.8

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @ashapir3 welcome to the forums. I am going to join the several other PS-ers who have encouraged you to contain your search to one thread. In the last week or so you have started 17 threads, many of them duplicates, to discuss this diamond shopping journey. If you stick with one thread people are better able to assist you because the conversation can build on what was already shared, rather than starting anew every few hours with a new thread.

For example, the first two stones score below 1 on the HCA, making them less than ideal for a ring. Garry already mentioned that to you on another thread, but rather than using his input to refine your search you have posted yet another new thread starting from scratch. The final stone scores over 2 on the HCA; many would eliminate it for that reason, which is also something that’s been mentioned to you before. What is it you’re looking for (in terms of a specific diamond/jewelry item, and in terms of specific feedback)?

ashapir3

Rough_Rock
Hi @ashapir3 welcome to the forums. I am going to join the several other PS-ers who have encouraged you to contain your search to one thread. In the last week or so you have started 17 threads, many of them duplicates, to discuss this diamond shopping journey. If you stick with one thread people are better able to assist you because the conversation can build on what was already shared, rather than starting anew every few hours with a new thread.

For example, the first two stones score below 1 on the HCA, making them less than ideal for a ring. Garry already mentioned that to you on another thread, but rather than using his input to refine your search you have posted yet another new thread starting from scratch. The final stone scores over 2 on the HCA; many would eliminate it for that reason, which is also something that’s been mentioned to you before. What is it you’re looking for (in terms of a specific diamond/jewelry item, and in terms of specific feedback)?

Thanks for the reply, yes I will minimize it, these were just brand new stones so never asked about them. Just looking for feedback and help picking the best ones. I was under the impression that the lower the HCA the better no?
With that in mind if the 3, which do you think is best?

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
“Best” depends on what you want. Is this for an engagement ring? A pendant?

Edit: The HCA is a useful tool. So are maps and compasses, but they won’t do much for you if you don’t have a destination in mind.

ashapir3

Rough_Rock
“Best” depends on what you want. Is this for an engagement ring? A pendant?

Edit: The HCA is a useful tool. So are maps and compasses, but they won’t do much for you if you don’t have a destination in mind.

Engagement ring

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
If you want maximum light return per the HCA you’d want to find a stone that scores between 1-2. The HCA isn’t everything though. Stone three has a bit of warmth — you seemed slightly color sensitive on your other threads so I don’t know if it would bother you. Do you plan to set it in yellow gold? If so, the color probably wouldn’t be an issue to me. The other two are tricky because of the inclusions; I am going to guess the second stone’s inclusions will have some visual impact. Can’t speak to the first stone. Can you ask for additional photos/video?

ashapir3

Rough_Rock
If you want maximum light return per the HCA you’d want to find a stone that scores between 1-2. The HCA isn’t everything though. Stone three has a bit of warmth — you seemed slightly color sensitive on your other threads so I don’t know if it would bother you. Do you plan to set it in yellow gold? If so, the color probably wouldn’t be an issue to me. The other two are tricky because of the inclusions; I am going to guess the second stone’s inclusions will have some visual impact. Can’t speak to the first stone. Can you ask for additional photos/video?

Thank you for your feedback. I dont want it to look visibly yellow, btu am okay with some warmth. Just not sure that stone 3 would be worth the extra $$. I will be setting it in a platinum solitare.
I have asked for more pictures of the first stone. regarding stone 2- yes a bit worried about the inclusion there if it will be visible or note.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results