shape
carat
color
clarity

Lookey what I got...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I prefer the antique designs with old stones too. The trellis is beautiful but just looks more modern to me. I love the crown one with the emeralds the best out of what you posted. I agree that it would only be worth it to invest in custom for the setting though if you were 1000% sure you were going to keep it. I'd probably just do a simple basket to wear for a while until you decide, yes I'm keeping or no, i'm selling and getting the 8-9mm OEC...

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Totally get wanting to create a fab mount that is just perfect and I say go for it if it's not $$$$$$$ - my only logic being I don't think you'll keep this ring forever because I really think one day you'll find your dream size old cut at some crazy amazing price. You have really good luck with locating great antique stones!

I like the SS earrings best where the prongs don't start at the bottom of the shank & I like the image you whipped up with the most prongs but I prefer an antique look for antique stones. :))

And I did decide to sell my eternity band and use the money to buy a 8-9mm antique stone and a baby eternity. But I'm waiting until I have the money to purchase the new ring - we just bought an 1860s Italianate home that we close on in 20 days (SO excited! :appl: ) and our extra money will be tied up for a few months in restorations and adding an addition.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1339555188|3215107 said:
I also wanted to get some opinions on some prong orientations I am thinking about. The bottom two with 7-8-7 and 5-6-5 are very traditional to the period of the diamonds. The top are a little less traditional. I'll post some expamples in a moment.
I like the bottom two. I like that they are more to the era.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, it doesn't hurt to ask Singlestone - you have a pretty healthy budget (granted, not singlestone healthy, but pretty healthy). There was a 3 stone bezel I posted from them that I was thinking about, and I got a quote of $2800 in platinum.

Likewise, ERD does some antique style settings and the quote I got was in your budget for a platinum setting with diamonds in the gallery.

FWIW, my setting from 23rd with diamonds, hand forged with detailed engraving wasn't stratospheric, IMHO. You gotta call around!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I'm with DS and mrssalvo, I like the antique style rings for your stones and my fave is the one with the green stones. I like lots of prongs and I think that the crowns and engraving would be lovely. The W-prong does nothing for me and while I love a trellis design, I think it's a bit too modern... Just my 2 cents though of course!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I am with stargurl78, DS, and Mrssalvo, I think they would look best in the antique style settings. What can I say, I am a sucker for antique stones and settings. ;)). That being said, I don't think you can go wrong either way, these diamonds will shine and steal the show no matter what setting they are in!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Here's my in-process wax for my Victorian repro 5-stone. I thought they did a good job of being trellis-y and antique-y at the same time. Currently the left side is more finished than the right side which is why it looks a bit wonky. I don't have mm sizes but the stone are about 1ct, .5 ct and .25 ct.

This is from Hunt Country Jewelers and my quote was under 2k for 18k gold.

kiz-reduced%20wax%202.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kismet|1339603176|3215405 said:
Here's my in-process wax for my Victorian repro 5-stone. I thought they did a good job of being trellis-y and antique-y at the same time. Currently the left side is more finished than the right side which is why it looks a bit wonky. I don't have mm sizes but the stone are about 1ct, .5 ct and .25 ct.

:love:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Kismet|1339603176|3215405 said:

Oh. My. Gosh. :love: Please excuse my while I clean the drool off my iPad. :lickout:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got a similarish 5 stone quote from HC and it was about $2k which included a few rose cut melee between the stones (worth maybe $100).

I would check out David whatshisname where pixies just got her 5 stone made...$1500 including custom cut sapphires is mind-blowing re: cost.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara|1339628090|3215695 said:
I got a similarish 5 stone quote from HC and it was about $2k which included a few rose cut melee between the stones (worth maybe $100).

I would check out David whatshisname where pixies just got her 5 stone made...$1500 including custom cut sapphires is mind-blowing re: cost.

Yes, David Klass has good prices. FYI, he is out of the country until July though.

Kismet, your ring is gorgeous!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Kismet, I swear you have the most gorgeous pieces and that ring is going to be no exception! :love: :love: :lickout: :love: :love: :lickout: :love: :love:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
GemFever|1339518266|3214630 said:
Dreamer_D|1339517571|3214614 said:
Well, I just sort of thought the stones deserved to stay togeter :)) Silly maybe.

Aw, not silly. Sounds like perfect diamond logic to me ::)

Am I even allowed to ask? :rodent: :halo:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer, are you going to be selling this beauty now that you have George? A lot of people will probably be interested! :naughty:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1342283530|3233848 said:
Dreamer, are you going to be selling this beauty now that you have George? A lot of people will probably be interested! :naughty:

Laila, she took the stone out of the ring and sold the sides. I think she still has the 7mm though.

And before anyone says I have a problem with that, I am going to address (IMHO) the thing that probably a lot of people are thinking. While it's too bad that this "dream" ring wasn't it for Dreamer, I think it's fair game that she did what she did with it. The listing was up for ages (like a week, that's ages, right?) before it was purchased. She saw it, negotiated with the seller (and let's face it, based on the pics, we couldn't know that the stones were so nice) took the gamble and put her money where her mouth was and bought the thing.

Fair game. Any PSer could have bought the ring before she did. I saw the initial posting as soon as it up, but I didn't need TWO 3 stone rings. :lol:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cushions and rounds just don't mix well for me! What can I say.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
stargurl78|1339687370|3216069 said:
Kismet, I swear you have the most gorgeous pieces and that ring is going to be no exception! :love: :love: :lickout: :love: :love: :lickout: :love: :love:

I agree Kismet, your ring is going to be gorgeous!!! :love: :love: eta: oh I see it is done!!! It is stunning!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results