shape
carat
color
clarity

Looked at this Lucere & still a bit confused

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jackaroe

Rough_Rock
I went to look at this last night. The fire was good and for an I color I was shocked to see how much whiter it was from some of the other round I color I''ve seen. When I was looking straight down through the crown, the pavilion facets looked like they turned a shade of black. Is that something to be concerned about? What is it that I’m seeing?
rolleyes.gif

Lucere
Measurements: 6.51 x 6.46x 4.80 mm
Weight: 1.49
Proportions:
Depth: 74.3%
Table: 59%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick
Cutlet: None
Finish:
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Clarity Grade: VS1
Color Grade: I
Florescence: None

Sarin: (not sure how to read these, but this is what was on the back of the stones paper wrap at the store
Width: 6.49mm
Length: 6.52mm
L/W: 1.00
Total D.mm: 4.80 73.9
Table W.mm: 3.82 3.81 3.82 58.9
Crown A: 31.6 30.8 32.0
Crown H.mm: 0.80 0.78 0.81 12.3
Pavil.D.mm: 3.60 3.55 3.64 55.5

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 2/6/2004 11:18:51 AM jackaroe wrote:

When I was looking straight down through the crown, the pavilion facets looked like they turned a shade of black. Is that something to be concerned about? What is it that I’m seeing?
rolleyes.gif

That my friend is the curse of the non-round. it's called the bow0tie of any fancy stone, and some stones bowties are more obvious than others. This Lucere worries me, as it has a very big depth, and doesn't have that sort of even cut one should expect. Table's OK at 59, but depth at 74 is not so good.

Sarin: (not sure how to read these, but this is what was on the back of the stones paper wrap at the store
Width: 6.49mm (Length and width of the stone sides)Length: 6.52mm
L/W: 1.00 (states it perfectly square. When Length/Width ration = 1.05+, it's rectangular)

These numbers below are just the percise (or as percise as Sarin can get a non-round stone) measurements for angles, and facets in Millimeters. This is helpful to calculate table, depth % and basic proportions of the stone. Remember Sarin isnt always 100%, but it's still helpful.

Total D.mm: 4.80 73.9
Table W.mm: 3.82 3.81 3.82 58.9
Crown A: 31.6 30.8 32.0
Crown H.mm: 0.80 0.78 0.81 12.3
Pavil.D.mm: 3.60 3.55 3.64 55.5----------------

jackaroe

Rough_Rock
The person I was speaking to told me that the light loss, or brilliance performance of the stone was not something I should even bother with in terms of trying to look beyond what I can see with my own eyes. I felt that I would like to at least see this thing under an idealscope, which I've ordered. I compared an F color S1 princess and it was close to my eyes in color. It didn't look like the fire off the Lucere was really that much better then the princess.
confused.gif

Rand_alThor

Rough_Rock
One thing about bowties, bowties exist on almost every fancy cut stone out there. This effect is especially pronounced in pear shaped stones.

I am a stickler, I cant stand them, so I would personally grade a stone, which has a minimal bowtie effect better. In some cases like the lucere, I've heard the bowtie actually accentuates the diamond. I dont know because I've never seen one. Have you looked at Regent cuts or Queen of Hearts ? I know Jonathan @ GOG has a few of them and their staff is one of the friendliest I've ever spoken with.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 2/6/2004 11:48:43 AM jackaroe wrote:

The person I was speaking to told me that the light loss, or brilliance performance of the stone was not something I should even bother with in terms of trying to look beyond what I can see with my own eyes.

Ok, in shaped stones that is true, because each stone has a "personality". Depends on your tastes as I am a brilliance girl, versus a fire girl. BUT when people say that, and it's THEIR stone, I wonder if they are hiding imperfect proportions, because they think you haven't seen enough stones to know the difference between them. They ALL sparkle!

I felt that I would like to at least see this thing under an idealscope, which I've ordered. I compared an F color S1 princess and it was close to my eyes in color. It didn't look like the fire off the Lucere was really that much better then the princess.
confused.gif
----------------

Princess stones are cut better and the ones you may have seen may have been cut in better proportions. Trust me, I saw a beauty, when I didn't even think princesses could sparkles like that. Point is, if cut right, Luceres SHOULD sparkle and fire.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results