shape
carat
color
clarity

Lohengrin Band

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning my antique and vintage loving peeps!

I've been looking for a band to go with a ring I'm having made, the new ring is very delicate in appearance so it's been a challenge finding something dainty enough with a little sparkle. Also it had to be an eternity design.

Sunday browsing Ruby Lane and I see this gal and she is a 6 1/2, 18k white gold and an eternity BUT the pictures leave much to be desired. Still I figure it's 18kt so good possibility the diamonds are good quality and maybe single cuts. Got it today and they are single cuts! Then as I'm checking it out with the loupe there is a name "Lohengrin". Yay! I paid $150 for this one and she looks great with my old mine cut in the meantime but will be perfect with the new ring. Glad I took a chance. Some pictures, don't mind the dry hands!

Anyone else have a Lohengrin? Share a picture!

IMG_5710.JPG IMG_5733.JPG IMG_5739.JPG IMG_5743.JPG IMG_5744.JPG IMG_5747.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh what a great find Stephanie! Love it. :love:
:appl:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty, Stephanie! I love all your vintage rings.:love:
What did you end up doing with that 1 ct. princess?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, thank you!

@stracci2000, thank you, love these antique rings! I sold the princess cut locally, I could have reset it but I could never make it an antique cut which is what I really want.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love it! Nice pics, too.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DAF, thank you, it was hard to photograph for some reason I guess that's why the seller's pictures weren't great lol!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah, love this band!! :love: Excellent find Stephanie! :appl:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmmmm......milgrain! Nice choice, Stephanie.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza! What a lovely band, and lovely combination with your fishtail setting!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh that’s just lovely! What’s the ring you’re having made? This goes with your current ring so well

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this band! :love: What a great find! :appl:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@foxinsox, this is the setting for my new ring. The band will be rose gold and the crown holding the stone will be white. I guess if this band doesn't quite look right with the new ring I can just wear it with the mine cut and find another band. Won't know that until I have it which won't be for another month ;(

IMG_5749.jpg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@foxinsox, this is the setting for my new ring. The band will be rose gold and the crown holding the stone will be white. I guess if this band doesn't quite look right with the new ring I can just wear it with the mine cut and find another band. Won't know that until I have it which won't be for another month ;(

IMG_5749.jpg
This looks like it’ll be beautiful with the new band. Can’t wait to see it! (Also a whole month?!? Eternity!)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@foxinsox thanks, I just love this setting but the wait is literally killing me. Probably why I don't generally have jewelry made, too impatient!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this band! Score!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My second Lohengrin came today but I'm struggling with this a bit. It's supposed to be rose gold but I think it's yellow, it is knife edge though which is kind of cool. I know that rose gold can look different in tone depending on the alloys used but this I'm almost certain is not rose. So trying to determine what is the better looking set, it's funny because I would think yellow and rose gold together would look off but maybe not, I kind of like it.

Would you go with the white gold diamond band or the yellow knife edge?

IMG_6877.JPG IMG_6878.JPG IMG_6880.JPG

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new setting...I would pair it with the "rose" gold ring but keep the other ring too. Its really cute and looks great with that fishtail setting
you have. You can always switch it up every now and then if you get bored.

Can I ask who is making your new ring? I'm sure its around here somewhere and if I wasnt so lazy I'd go look!:oops::lol:

Nice finds Stephani!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stephanie, about rose gold, it seems to vary a lot in color.
If I lay out all my pieces, some are more yellowish, and some are more pink.
I think the old timey goldsmiths were just making it up a they went along!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My second Lohengrin came today but I'm struggling with this a bit. It's supposed to be rose gold but I think it's yellow, it is knife edge though which is kind of cool. I know that rose gold can look different in tone depending on the alloys used but this I'm almost certain is not rose. So trying to determine what is the better looking set, it's funny because I would think yellow and rose gold together would look off but maybe not, I kind of like it.

Would you go with the white gold diamond band or the yellow knife edge?

IMG_6877.JPG IMG_6878.JPG IMG_6880.JPG

Like the diamond band very pretty, looks lovely with your solitaire

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stephanie, about rose gold, it seems to vary a lot in color.
If I lay out all my pieces, some are more yellowish, and some are more pink.
I think the old timey goldsmiths were just making it up a they went along!

I think dirty yellow gold can look a bit like muted rose gold?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@tyty333 thanks so much for your thoughts, I love the diamond Lohengrin band I have and once I get my fishtail setting sized I can wear them together again! My new ring was made by The Northway Studio on Etsy, I love it but since it's a moissy I can only share it in the fashion jewelry thread, I haven't made a post about it yet.

@stracci2000, how crazy that if you bought a collection of rose gold in the same karat they would all vary. Well I'm digging this band more than I thought and I can wear it with my rose gold or yellow so that works.

@meely, thank you so much, I adore that little diamond band, really took a chance on that since the pics online were so bad but I figured they wouldn't put terrible quality diamonds in 18kt so took a chance on it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results