shape
carat
color
clarity

Local Jeweler Rant

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone else feel like they can't find a competent local jeweler? I have one jeweler that is on the better end of good enough but it takes me about 45 minutes one way and that is so annoying when you have 3 kids! I have a few stones that I want set, none of which are overly complicated. My local jewelers seem somehow frightened of them. What gives? I would like to support my local jewelers *somewhat* but I'm about to give up on them! :(( I hate to ship off everything!

On the bright side, I do have some good stuff over at Single Stone right now. :cheeky:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
At least they know their limitations and know that they probably cannot do the job to your liking instead of just going ahead and making a product that may be inferior to what you are looking for. What plans for your stuff at SingleStone? They have amazing settings !

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
One of my big frustrations! I don't know a jeweler in my area I trust to work with anything other than diamonds & corundum. I'd be willing to drive an hour or 2, even. The only gem people I know around here are diamond lovers & haven't had work done on stones lower on the Mohs scale, so naturally they can't help. There must be someone capable, laboring away unknown to me, but how to find this sterling character????

--- Laurie

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I am very lucky that I have an amazing jeweler whose shop is just down the street from my house. I trust him with anything and his prices are extremely reasonable. There is onyx one other shop I would trust in my city. They are a board member here and the only reason I don't see them is because of the high prices compared to my other local shop.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsBettyBoop|1317242002|3028149 said:
Does anyone else feel like they can't find a competent local jeweler? I have one jeweler that is on the better end of good enough but it takes me about 45 minutes one way and that is so annoying when you have 3 kids! I have a few stones that I want set, none of which are overly complicated. My local jewelers seem somehow frightened of them. What gives? I would like to support my local jewelers *somewhat* but I'm about to give up on them! :(( I hate to ship off everything!
I feel like that for sure. And sometimes like there honestly aren't any at all. It seriously seems like someone can have millions of happy customers and then they get to me, and it's like they can't "show up" for work, give a crap about their work, and do it right. I swear to dog that if one more jeweler says "it's fine! wear it and enjoy it" at me I am going to claw their f@cking face right off. No one takes it seriously. I cannot enjoy it if it's not my idea of perfect. I will not wear it if it's not. Because it will just piss me off MORE every time I put it on. Don't pat me on the head like I am some dumb little kid when I make sure you know that I know what I want, I know what is possible, and I want you to provide it OR tell me who can.

AGSHF

Shiny_Rock
Sparkly Blonde|1317250276|3028259 said:
I am very lucky that I have an amazing jeweler whose shop is just down the street from my house. I trust him with anything and his prices are extremely reasonable. There is onyx one other shop I would trust in my city. They are a board member here and the only reason I don't see them is because of the high prices compared to my other local shop.

Sparkly Blonde, does this amazing jeweler take work from long distance or have a website? Thanks.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am lucky that I have a local jeweler that is very good with custom jewelry and is experienced with all sorts of metals and gemstones. He is also very reasonable although his rates went us one he saw me drive up in a new car. Lol. My other favorites jewelry store is about 90 minutes away and we don't mind the occasional drive.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results