shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW-dar

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
This is more of a fun question than anything, I''m not actually sure that I''m being serious.

Anyone think there is such a thing as a radar for other LIWs? It''s never really occurred to me before, but I was at an event this morning, and a girl I''d met about 4 minutes before started launching into a story about, essentially, her LIW-itis. She''s been with her SO for a few years, and is really getting the itch to get engaged/married, and I now know all of that about her, but I never even caught her name. Still not quite sure why she approached me and decided to launch into this discussion, especially because she was at the event with a group of friends, so I jokingly told myself that she must''ve been able to sense out the LIW in the group
2.gif

So, what do we think? Random coincidence, or am I onto something?

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
I think there are instances where you can definitely read a person and figure out what their issue is before they even say anything.

Me, I''m not good at making female friends... but ever since I''ve been ready to get engaged and meet another woman, I always try to read her and see if she''s feeling the same way I am. If I get the feeling she might be, I will bring up my LIW-itis. haha.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/16/2009 7:53:22 PM
Author: inhisarms17
I think there are instances where you can definitely read a person and figure out what their issue is before they even say anything.

Me, I''m not good at making female friends... but ever since I''ve been ready to get engaged and meet another woman, I always try to read her and see if she''s feeling the same way I am. If I get the feeling she might be, I will bring up my LIW-itis. haha.

Wow. Just re-read what I wrote... and it sounds a bit creepy. haha. Does that make me weird?!?!?!
33.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I end up around girls that have it and expect me to! I hope I''m a calming influence on them, because I can kind of explain where most of their guys are coming from. I love my BF, but I''m not ready to get married. I know when I''m ready, I want to marry him, but it''ll be a while. Hopefully I can help girls understand their BFs a little more. One girl I know has a *serious* case, and she''s so sweet I just want to help her relax and enjoy being with her guy.

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
I think so.... I think that as human beings, we can sometimes pick up on people''s strong emotions/thoughts if we''re open to them. And there are times I''ve spilled the beans to strangers just bc they seemed like they were empathetic and I needed to vent.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I know it's not a serious question
1.gif
, but I think timing has a lot to do with it--like, what's going on around them or maybe what's just happened that you didn't see. For example, I was once at a Valentine's Day party where a girl I don't know very well announced her engagement to everyone. Another girl, who had been dating a guy friend of mine for about a year (who I'd met a few times because the guy friend she was dating lived out of state at the time), turned to me and broke down in hysterical sobs about how she wanted so badly to get married and have a family and didn't feel like it would ever happen for her. I wasn't really sure how to comfort her since I barely knew her and I wasn't even dating anyone at the time so I couldn't really empathize much (and kept wanting to say but didn't, "Yeah, well at least you've got someone--how soon do you think it'll happen for me?!"
3.gif
), but I did my best to comfort her. Her boyfriend was elsewhere in the house when this happened, and I don't think she ever told him.

Rather sadly, that was seven years ago and they are still together but not engaged.
40.gif

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/16/2009 7:59:34 PM

Date: 5/16/2009 7:53:22 PM

Wow. Just re-read what I wrote... and it sounds a bit creepy. haha. Does that make me weird?!?!?!
33.gif

Haha it sounds like you are the girl misskitty met
2.gif
but no, that doesn''t make you weird.

I think there is a certain bond there.. I get the impression married women don''t want to hear all of us talking about the possibility of getting engaged.. they''ve already been there and done that! And single girls don''t want to hear it because they aren''t there yet.. At least that''s the impression I get!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I hate being a girly girl. I hate talking about feelings and emotions. I hate trying to figure out my feelings and emotions. I talk to about two of my friends and my sister about getting married. And only occassionally, when it''s really eating at me. I NEVER talk about it with strangers, and I tell people what we are getting there slowly but surely. I love PS because I can talk about what I feel/think and never have to bring it up IRL. If I DID have LIW-dar, I would use it to avoid women who were batty LIW''s like myself. It''s like an alcoholic hanging out with alcoholics... nothing good can come of it! lol!

1.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 3:37:20 PM
Author: trillionaire
I hate being a girly girl. I hate talking about feelings and emotions. I hate trying to figure out my feelings and emotions. I talk to about two of my friends and my sister about getting married. And only occassionally, when it''s really eating at me. I NEVER talk about it with strangers, and I tell people what we are getting there slowly but surely. I love PS because I can talk about what I feel/think and never have to bring it up IRL. If I DID have LIW-dar, I would use it to avoid women who were batty LIW''s like myself. It''s like an alcoholic hanging out with alcoholics... nothing good can come of it! lol!

1.gif

This is pretty close to how I feel. I don''t talk about LIW feelings with any of my IRL friends; it just isn''t a conversation I want to have with them. Especially because none of them are in the same boat, it would just be awkward -- most of my friends are engaged or married, and I absolutely don''t want to be that girl who whines about not being there yet when they''re just trying to enjoy the moment.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 3:53:18 PM
Author: misskitty

Date: 5/18/2009 3:37:20 PM
Author: trillionaire

1.gif

This is pretty close to how I feel. I don''t talk about LIW feelings with any of my IRL friends; it just isn''t a conversation I want to have with them. Especially because none of them are in the same boat, it would just be awkward -- most of my friends are engaged or married, and I absolutely don''t want to be that girl who whines about not being there yet when they''re just trying to enjoy the moment.
haha, I am the ''girl who is never that interested in getting married'' type. People assume that SO would ask me and I would sit and vascillate on my response, or ask, "really, why get married, I mean, it is 2009"... I''m not a gushy person. Relationship stuff is very private and personal to me. I really don''t like to talk about it to other people, and is largely why I find the idea of anything besides eloping particularly unappealing. I don''t mind being vulnerable with SO, but I don''t like to be vulnerable with others for no reason.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
i like to talk about it with some of my close friends, and there are some who are exceptionally excited that i''m going to be engaged soonish (hopefully) but for people who don''t know me very well it''s hard to talk about how we''re planning on getting married in a year (God/military willing) but we''re not exactly engaged yet.
which reminds me, i need to get to the church soon and attempt to explain the whole thing and hope they''ll work with me if he does get deployed. blah logistics.

anyway i think someone should invent LIWdar. it could be the next top Iphone app!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results