shape
carat
color
clarity

List of Vendors: Dead Links

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been on a specific quest and decided to see what's currently out there when I clicked on 2 dead links:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/list-of-vendors-for-reference.208782/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/list-of-vendors-for-reference.208782/[/URL]

Does anyone know whether these are updated or dead?
If they are dead, they should be removed due to the URL limitation to make space for other vendors.

Bob Kast - www.bobkast.com
Jim Rentfrow www.flawlessfacets.com/

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good questions that I cannot answer. It seems that Bob Kast disappeared quite some time ago. Flawless Facets (or an incarnation of it) was floating around on FB for a while, but I haven't seen them lately.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I've seen Jim Rentfrow's stones show up other places like R2R.

Does Bob Kast still sell on DB?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
R2R?
Haven't seen anything by Bob Kast anywhere for the last few years.

Wanted to add a small gripe here that's sort of related but mostly a jackthread. Is anyone else bothered by the flood of vendors on secondhand sales websites like LoupeTroop and DiamondBistro? I understand that it's open to everyone but I was expecting it to be for consumers to sell their unwanted jewellery, not trade members.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
R2R= David dawson and Cathy Dolson site rough to refined. When I had my spinel and tourmaline cut by David over a year ago, he said that he was no longer taking commissions. Cathy's side of the site doesnt seem to get updated much, maybe once a year.

Yes there should be some cleanup on the list.

No you are not the only one who is disappointed to see vendores on LT. Equally disappointed in how listings either languish for months with no update if they are sold or still available, or if they are listed as sold why they remain. That last bit goes for many vendor sites as well, drives me nuts!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1422646545|3824551 said:
R2R?

Wanted to add a small gripe here that's sort of related but mostly a jackthread. Is anyone else bothered by the flood of vendors on secondhand sales websites like LoupeTroop and DiamondBistro? I understand that it's open to everyone but I was expecting it to be for consumers to sell their unwanted jewellery, not trade members.

Yes! So much! It irritates me when someone puts up something nice at a bargain price and its bounced off the first page almost immediately by a trade member who posts a large multitude of his stones - it just seems rude to me. I guess the one thing PSers have that they don't have is that we can always announce our sale items on the Preloved thread. But yes, it bothers me. I wish DB and LT would have a designated trade area so the rest of us could be left in peace!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VL,
Appreciate the update. Based on what I know so far, Bob Kast's and the FlawlessFacets links should be removed. If Jim is still faceting, his stones can be found at R2R. I would leave the R2R link on the list because it is a valid and working URL.

I would like to see more than the two or three of us agree to this before I make any changes.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
This trend has definitely dissuaded me from bothering to list on these sites.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wasn't LT created by a PSer and her husband? Maybe we can suggest modifications to how things are sold on the site? I just don't know who it is.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"I would like to see more than the two or three of us agree to this before I make any changes."

I agree, and thanks for your efforts to keep the list current.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1422647086|3824556 said:
Chrono|1422646545|3824551 said:
R2R?

Yes! So much! It irritates me when someone puts up something nice at a bargain price and its bounced off the first page almost immediately by a trade member who posts a large multitude of his stones - it just seems rude to me. I guess the one thing PSers have that they don't have is that we can always announce our sale items on the Preloved thread. But yes, it bothers me. I wish DB and LT would have a designated trade area so the rest of us could be left in peace!
Agreed. I don't typically see a point in posting to LT or DB now, especially because of the vendors, but now there are so many listings that never expire, or the owners of the listings just put "sold" in the title instead of actually marking the item as sold (which makes it disappear from the "for sale" areas!), that I rarely bother to even try to wade back through the old listings. Or, people don't even bother to take stuff down or alter it when it's sold. It's getting really frustrating.

If I wanted to see vendors listing stuff, I'd go to their individual sites.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of this list, as an fyi, Ella said she would get back to me if we could increase the URL limit. It only allows for up to 100 URL's at the moment. I will keep you posted when she gets back to me, or someone can report this post to her and ask her to respond to it.

Thank you.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I wish LT did not allow trade members

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1422654021|3824602 said:

And to be honest, I don't appreciate what appears to be highly photo-shopped pictures of their gems for sale. I understand that many of them have videos of their stones, but the initial photo-shopped gem pic always turns me off.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LisaRN|1422680341|3824819 said:

And to be honest, I don't appreciate what appears to be highly photo-shopped pictures of their gems for sale. I understand that many of them have videos of their stones, but the initial photo-shopped gem pic always turns me off.

Thank you for saying it and not me! I have gotten flack so many times for discussing the photoshopping going on that I don't even mention it much any more, but yes, yes, yes!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How can we suggest vendors to be added to the sticky list? (sorry if I missed the info on this earlier) :)

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I agree about removing the dead links.

And I totally agree about the vendors selling on LT and DB, very annoying.

LisaRN said:

+1, but there is no stopping it.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1422653434|3824594 said:
Speaking of this list, as an fyi, Ella said she would get back to me if we could increase the URL limit. It only allows for up to 100 URL's at the moment. I will keep you posted when she gets back to me, or someone can report this post to her and ask her to respond to it.

Thank you.

I reported your post asking her to respond, as you asked.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
LT

Why not a maximum of ten items and maximum for six month ( not sold after six month the offered item is not interesting or the pics are bad or to expensive or ....)???

And I would prefer some kind of navigation ( spinel, granet, topaze.....)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone know what is going on with Westview Gems? I contacted them three times last year about a stone - no reply and once this year about a different stone, so far also no reply.....

And I agree both LT and DB need a good clean up. They are both frequently overloaded with frustratingly excess tripe....

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
kgizo|1422649771|3824578 said:
"I would like to see more than the two or three of us agree to this before I make any changes."

I agree, and thanks for your efforts to keep the list current.
I concur with the proposed changes.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Marlow|1422708575|3824910 said:
LT

Why not a maximum of ten items and maximum for six month ( not sold after six month the offered item is not interesting or the pics are bad or to expensive or ....)???

Until there are categories for types of stones, or a search engine, you can search LT in Google by putting this in the search field (example is for spinels):
site:www.loupetroop.com spinel

Roger Dery

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi all,
As some of you know, we are not in a position to post pricing on our website due to our relationship with the jewelers we work with. Since LT was brought to my attention as an alternate way to show a few things with pricing visible, I don't want to be an irritant to how you all feel about a vendor exhibiting.

We planned to offer about one item per week, and diligently remove any item no longer available. If you feel our use of LT is inappropriate, I have no issue with removing the 3 listings we have. Thoughts?

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
pregcurious|1422714645|3824943 said:
Marlow|1422708575|3824910 said:
LT

Until there are categories for types of stones, or a search engine, you can search LT in Google by putting this in the search field (example is for spinels):
site:www.loupetroop.com spinel

Thank you !!!

And I agree with you what you noticed in sapphires and spinel ( you know what I mean!!!) - I would ad chrysoberyl too.

Maybe many sapphire loose gemmy clarity when heated??

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Roger Dery|1422718012|3824962 said:
Hi all,
As some of you know, we are not in a position to post pricing on our website due to our relationship with the jewelers we work with. Since LT was brought to my attention as an alternate way to show a few things with pricing visible, I don't want to be an irritant to how you all feel about a vendor exhibiting.

We planned to offer about one item per week, and diligently remove any item no longer available. If you feel our use of LT is inappropriate, I have no issue with removing the 3 listings we have. Thoughts?

You are not a "vendor" - you are an ARTIST!!! Like other many other custom cutter too !!

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
Hi Roger,

I personally really appreciate seeing your work on LT. While I enjoy seeing what non-trade members have for sale, I also like to see goods from trade members for a few reasons. One, trade members offer a return policy. Two, I love precision cutting. Three, trade members have a greater ability to offer a wide variety of goods. I was very excited when I realized that you started posting on LT and I would hate to see you go :cry:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,

Roger,

Please don't stop listing your stones. I really like seeing your stones listed with prices. I often see stones that you have for sale with no price and "want to know" how much they cost, but don't want to constantly bother you with messages asking the price of a stone that I'm just inquiring about.

You are selling what you cut (unless you have come upon an incredible stone that doesn't require a recut) and that's an entirely different ball game. I too have put off listing many of my stones or rings on DB or LT because it takes a bit of time and effort to get decent photos, only to have the listing disappear to the back burner within a day or so.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,

I don't mind when I see a few vendor stones here and there, but when 3/4 of a page or more is vendor stones it does get on my nerves. I don't even explicitly remember seeing your stuff on there but there are a couple of vendors who list their entire inventory (ok, I'm exaggerating a bit ;)) ).

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
LoversKites|1422693959|3824869 said:
TL|1422653434|3824594 said:

Thank you.

I reported your post asking her to respond, as you asked.

Hi ladies,

No need to report posts that I had already responded to, I just did not yet have an answer as I indicated to TL. Andrey believes he has increased it to 200, if it does not work please let us know.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

There is another issue that I see with vendors posting on pre-loved sites. They inadvertently cause pre-loved sellers to put their prices up higher than they normally would. They actually seem to believe their stones are worth what the retailer can get. I noticed it with blue zircons. prices were similar to Roger Derys. Also, someone put Rogers name in their listing-retail seller-- without making it clear they were reselling his stone. I came across the stone elsewhere that the seller listed it.

Loupe Troupe and DB no longer serve the original purpose of the sites. Retail sellers IMO have no place there. Yes, Rogers stones are outstanding, but Pala does not need to come to DB or LT to sell their goods. Its your business model Roger and will be up to you what you do. All retailers should be removed as far as I'm concerned.

Alex Park is also selling on there under the name " distracted". I think he is a trade person. He is selling diamonds and colored stones. He presents as a consumer on here.

Isn't 100 vendors enough for all. Its plenty for me. As I've said before, it s too many.

Annette

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results