shape
carat
color
clarity

Lightweight walking/running shoes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was so good about going to the gym last spring and summer and then I fell off the wagon. I really need to get back into it but I''m having a hard time. I have become the queen of excuses!

I thought a good pair of shoes might help get me motivated. I bought a new pair not too long ago and although they are okay, they are much heavier than I would like. What would you recommend? I''d like a pair of shoes that are really lightweight and don''t cost a fortune.

Also, I am very much a beginner with the whole excerise thing. Running on the treadmill? Ha! More like walking and using the elipical once I get back in the swing of things. Any thoughts on shoes for someone just starting out?

Thanks!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Asics running shoes the best. Saucony also makes good running shoes-that''s what my boyfriend always gets. However, every foot is different...is there a specialty running store close to you where you can get fitted?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I second Asics Gel Nimbus. Great shoes!!! In fact I got up and pulled out my cc so I can shoe shop on the internet; I know my size because I have a couple of pairs already. You will love them. Better yet, go to a running speciality store and they will find the best shoe for you. Those place cost the same as big name stores. Best wishes for comfy light shoes.
9.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for Asics. They make a terrific light weight exercise shoe. I've also had good luck with New Balance.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions! I''ll have to check them out. I wish they made a shoe that felt like you were barefoot.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
there was a thread on running shoes recently in hangout...maybe you can seek it out because it got pretty long and detailed.

anyway my suggestion is to go find a specialty running store and have them watch you walk/run on a treadmill, video you, examine your gait etc to figure out what type of shoe might work best for you. i used to just guess based on looks or recommendations online but in the end i never had the right shoe. i tried the nike free ones which are supposed to strengthen your feet etc but in the end my feet just hurt. your feet really do need protection when you walk or run a lot on them, as do your knees and legs, joints etc. so be sure to get the right type of shoe for your exercise.

i went to one of these specialty stores on a friend's suggestion and they did all this stuff and then brought out a bunch of shoes that i liked..some i didn't..and i have been really happy with my choice since then. best part was that the cost of the shoes was not any more or less than going to the local nordstroms and buying something with no assistance so it doesn't have to be more expensive to get help. i would totally recommend going the expert way and save yourself some time and headache. good luck!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
A running store visit is a great idea, but if you''re not looking to spend a lot of money, I''d look into New Balance. I also have a pair of Adidas Osweego''s that I love and have worn into the ground. While I''ve retired them for exercise purposes, I still wear them to run errands, etc.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Best to go to a shop and try few.Ask if you can try them indoors and if not happy can they be returned...I would try few before deciding..good luck

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 12:08:02 PM
Author: Mara
anyway my suggestion is to go find a specialty running store and have them watch you walk/run on a treadmill, video you, examine your gait etc to figure out what type of shoe might work best for you. i used to just guess based on looks or recommendations online but in the end i never had the right shoe. i tried the nike free ones which are supposed to strengthen your feet etc but in the end my feet just hurt. your feet really do need protection when you walk or run a lot on them, as do your knees and legs, joints etc. so be sure to get the right type of shoe for your exercise.
Ditto. Get treadmill analysis done at a running store. Since shoes are really the only equipment and they make such a huge difference, it''s best to get it right and have an expert tell you what would be most beneficial for your feet. I had it done in Houston and it was amazing how much better I felt once I got shoes that were correct for me! I overpronate so I need stability shoes. Makes all the difference!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results