shape
carat
color
clarity

Lightbox Specifications

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I'm really curious about Lightbox specifications and proportions, and would love to see more samples of graded Lightbox diamonds, especially for the larger stones. If I recall, previously they were graded as Very Good cut, G-H color, VS1-2 clarity? If someone is planning to reset a LB stone, would you consider getting it graded by the GIA? Depending on the size of the stone, it should be less than $78.

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
The two smaller ones were graded as G/VVS VG/EX. The VS1-2 was including the Lightbox logo, they said without the logo it would have been VVS.

I'm waiting for my new setting, I would consider sending my .88 for grading but it's currently in the necklace. What's the process of getting it graded? Do I need to take it to a jeweler to remove it first or can I send the necklace to a lab and they remove it?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for clarifying the spefications! I think you would need to remove the stone from the pendant first. I don't know how long it takes, do you have enough time before your wedding?

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for clarifying the spefications! I think you would need to remove the stone from the pendant first. I don't know how long it takes, do you have enough time before your wedding?

It's in May, but I'm itching to start wearing my new ring! I'll look into it and see how long it takes. I can get a jeweler to remove it on Monday and send it in, but if it's more than a couple weeks I might not want to wait.

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Checked it out, looks like it would be back in about 2 weeks. Just not sure if I want to go through all the trouble of setting up a GIA account, sending this in, waiting the 2 weeks, hoping for no issues during shipping both ways, and on top of that paying for the grading report and shipping. Wouldn't be impossible just not sure if I care that much tbh. I'll think about it though. My setting probably won't be delivered for another week or 2 anyway.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results