shape
carat
color
clarity

Lightbox outlet

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got an email this morning about Lightbox out, stones that didn’t quite make the cut To the regular. I predetermining the .50 white to see the difference. Will update you on how it goes.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just realized my msg did make any sense! The diamond is due in over the next hour so I will post pictures. I have a dr appt so when I come back.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
69CE7032-CC75-46F3-A25A-FB2243CF1654.jpeg AB162CD4-40D7-4BDB-A5DA-6E27EA2312B6.jpeg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the left the outlet diamond. On the rt the regular Lightbox diamond. The color seems within 1 grade or about even. I think the cut is slightly off on the outlet diamond. I am going to make dangle earrings so I don’t care that much. Also the box background is yellower on the left.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Left 3DF9BA33-D94F-4D71-A3A2-7A6F873B043B.jpeg right E6D8F5A2-BBE6-4F08-B61F-7E24A95A9898.jpeg

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
I've just ordered a 1 carat princess cut, bezel set necklace (sterling silver) from the Lightbox outlet. Being bezel set, it should look quite substantial. I guess these are the 'rejects' so it will be interesting to see how it turns out. I should have it by the end of next week and I will update this thread then.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I actually like most of the bezel settings! Very tempted to get the bezel earrings but I've bought so much already:oops2::roll2:

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
I know what you mean! I was idly browsing the site, for reasons I don't know. Then I think I dozed off and my arm must have slipped onto the 'pay now' button. When I woke up I saw I'd accidentally purchased the necklace, even though I don't need another lab diamond necklace.

I can always return it if it isn't spectacular - guilt is setting in already! I have a policy of when I buy something new I have to sell something old, so I'll be rummaging amongst my older jewellery tomorrow to put on eBay!

CaseySF

Rough_Rock
Hi, I don't post much. In fact I had to re register with a new name. My name was Innerkitten.... Anyway I purchased the 1 carat bezel from the outlet, and I love it. I took a few photos and I will post them.

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
That is so gorgeous!! I deliberated over the round one, but having bought a very similar piece in yellow gold a few weeks ago I was decided on the square version (which should arrive this Thursday). I think your necklace is really beautiful and such a good buy.

CaseySF

Rough_Rock
I look forward to seeing yours too :)

CaseySF

Rough_Rock
That's beautiful! What do you think of the cut quality? It looks pretty good from the pics!

I don't have the tools to know exactly. But the cut looks pretty good to my eye. It really sparkles... I'm somewhat sensitive to cut. I had actually ordered a 1 carat cushion at the full price and returned it a few days earlier. I wish I'd taken photos. It was one of those moments where you open it and "nope" it goes right back... I prefer this one and I really like the bezel.

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
I've just been very, very bad and have snared these: Outlet Round Brilliant Bezel Studs in White | Lab Grown Diamonds – Lightbox Jewelry

I've been watching them for a while in the hope they might come back into stock. A few seconds a go a pair popped up (I'm guessing they might be a return). I'm not a fan of martini settings but the backs of these don't look too pointy.

My hope is that since each 0.75ct stone is in a bezel, they will have the appearance of a one carat stone each (hence saving me the money on a two carat tw pronged pair). I'll report back as soon as they arrive.

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
My 1.5 ctw bezel set Lightbox earrings have arrived. As expected, they are very nice. I’ve shown them below with some other pieces for the purpose of size comparison.

The new earrings do have a little bit of warmth to them, I would say they are in the region of H/I colour. I can’t see any inclusions at all. The cut looks perfectly decent - under a loupe it’s possible to see that the ideal cut stone (the yellow gold bezel set pendant) is better, but to the naked eye there is virtually no difference in sparkle. I was concerned about martini style settings, however the ‘arms’ seem to have sufficient spread to stop them intruding into my piercings. They sit up nicely on the ear and they don’t droop. The butterflies they came with are all but useless so I would advise always swapping to a larger tighter set of backs.

Top row left to right: QVC 1.5 ctw prong set earrings (5.72mm), Lightbox 1.5 ctw bezel set earrings (7.12mm), Diamonique 2 ctw CZ (6.49mm).

Middle row left to right: Kimai 0.85 carat yellow gold bezel set pendant (7.4mm), Lightbox 1.0 carat princess cut bezel set pendant (6.7x6.7).

lightbox-1003.jpg

It’s interesting seeing how the different sizes stack up. My rationale when ordering these bezel set studs was to see if they had enough additional presence to justify not paying out for a 2 ctw prong set pair. It would be interesting to get your opinions on that.

Attachments

• lightbox-1008.jpg
    lightbox-1008.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 91

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
My 1.5 ctw bezel set Lightbox earrings have arrived. As expected, they are very nice. I’ve shown them below with some other pieces for the purpose of size comparison.

The new earrings do have a little bit of warmth to them, I would say they are in the region of H/I colour. I can’t see any inclusions at all. The cut looks perfectly decent - under a loupe it’s possible to see that the ideal cut stone (the yellow gold bezel set pendant) is better, but to the naked eye there is virtually no difference in sparkle. I was concerned about martini style settings, however the ‘arms’ seem to have sufficient spread to stop them intruding into my piercings. They sit up nicely on the ear and they don’t droop. The butterflies they came with are all but useless so I would advise always swapping to a larger tighter set of backs.

Top row left to right: QVC 1.5 ctw prong set earrings (5.72mm), Lightbox 1.5 ctw bezel set earrings (7.12mm), Diamonique 2 ctw CZ (6.49mm).

Middle row left to right: Kimai 0.85 carat yellow gold bezel set pendant (7.4mm), Lightbox 1.0 carat princess cut bezel set pendant (6.7x6.7).

lightbox-1003.jpg

It’s interesting seeing how the different sizes stack up. My rationale when ordering these bezel set studs was to see if they had enough additional presence to justify not paying out for a 2 ctw prong set pair. It would be interesting to get your opinions on that.

Thank you so much for all the pictures and detail! I think the bezels give them great presence, and you wouldn’t notice a difference in size with 2ctw prong setting. Last time I checked they were only doing the bezel style on outlet pieces, I wonder why. Or maybe I’ve just missed the other ones? I like bezels, but I’d be worried about the martini setting. You’ll have to report back and tell us how it wears over time!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results