shape
carat
color
clarity

Lightbox 2ct or 1.25ct VS2/E/Hearts and Arrows/Super Ideal for pendant?

undefvar

Rough_Rock
This is my first post here, so I hope this is in the right subforum and complies with any community standards.

I would like to buy a new lab grown diamond pendant for my wife for Christmas. Last year I bought her a pair of 0.87ct G color, VS1 clarity, super ideal cut lab grown diamond studs and she loves them and wears them frequently - so I'm thinking a nice pendant would go well with the earrings. Unfortunately, I find myself uncertain as to what to buy. I see that Lightbox sells 1.5ct and 2ct diamonds now, and their prices are very good. I'd like to keep within a $2750 budget, including tax.

If you had to choose between a 1.25ct lab grown VS2/E/H&D/Super Ideal cut (HCA score 1.3) or a 1.5ct or 2ct Lightbox diamond pendant, to go with the aforementioned earrings, which would you pick? Price is roughly equal for the 1.25ct and the 2ct LB.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
2 ct, no question, if you would ask me.
But they are not comparable in color, so it depends on her color tolerance.

undefvar

Rough_Rock
Being comparable in color between the as-of-yet not purchased 1.25ct isn't really an issue. Would the Lightbox be comparable or at least close in color to the G color studs she currently wears, or would it be noticeably yellower?

undefvar

Rough_Rock
I decided to roll the dice with the Lightbox 2ct. If it doesn't look good, I'll either return it and order a 1.5ct or go with the smaller ideal cut.

After discount code and cash back the price was too enticing to pass up. Hopefully the stone will be pretty.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I decided to roll the dice with the Lightbox 2ct. If it doesn't look good, I'll either return it and order a 1.5ct or go with the smaller ideal cut.

After discount code and cash back the price was too enticing to pass up. Hopefully the stone will be pretty.

I think it will be just lovely.

undefvar

Rough_Rock
I think it will be just lovely.

I hope so. I went back and compared the two options again - it turned out that the Lightbox 2ct ended up costing almost $1k less than the 1.25ct I had been looking at - so I guess if the Lightbox is nice I'll use the savings for a nice weekend getaway together. After spending the last 20 months in the same building everyday (and my wife taking a career break to home school our son), I think a few days off together may end up being more important than minor differences.

We shall see.

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock

I just had 4 ctw lightbox studs set. They’re gorgeous. Keep us posted….

sparklyshrink

Shiny_Rock
I'd do the Lightbox earrings, no question. But, I'm not someone who needs to have exacting control over the specs of all my diamond jewelry. Many people on this forum are not as lax as I am, lol! Overwhelmingly, I've found the stones I have bought from Lightbox to be super beautiful for a steal of a price. Caveat - I'm not super color sensitive. And while cut is king, the only diamond I really care about having a completely perfect cut is my e-ring (which didn't come from LB). I remember seeing a video that compared a perfectly cut diamond w/no leakage at all to a diamond with some leakage under the table and you literally couldn't tell when viewing with the naked eye (compared to the ASET). I'd buy them and then if they're sparkly enough for you, great! If not, returns are pretty easy.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Come back and tell us how she liked it :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results