shape
carat
color
clarity

Light Yellow OEC Diamond Gypsy Ring

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock
I just found this on e-bay and decided to go for it. Exactly the size for a nice pinky ring. Center stone is about 65 points and the side stones about 45. I had been looking for a nice OEC pinky ring that needed nothing and am hoping that this looks good IRL! The seller described the yellow diamond as a W-X. . . looks more yellow to me in the direct sunlight photo. Could it be closer to fancy yellow?

light_yellow_pinky_1.jpg

light_yellow_pinky_2.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! I just found this on ebay today and thought it was promising.

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock
Hi there Niel,
I'll post more photos once I receive it. Hard to tell from the photographs but I love this type of setting. It looks to be a genuine antique/vintage ring, it is heavy, and the size is perfect. I hope the stones look good!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good luck--love to hear what you think of it IRL.

cheers--Sharon

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been scoping out like pieces and hope it's a beaut! I want to find a deal on one that maybe needs some tlc, that I can maybe have engraved in conjunction with a spa treatment.

I have an empty, larger, single stone (one stone, not the jeweler) WG gypsy mounting that housed my 1.5 ct oec, but I rely want YG. :lickout:

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock
Hey JCJ, your champagne OEC ring is very cool. Have you posted pics of the 1.5 carat OEC?

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock
Yes, PattyCo, there is a distinct family resemblance there . . . that ring, by the way, is no more. I had to have it remade three times and finally took all the trouble as a sign that it wasn't meant to be. I do want to have it made again someday (soon? if I can find a good jeweler to make it). In the meantime I had found an antique ring that I have restored (with the brilliant work of Single Stone) and wear in memory of my mom. I think I still love the basic gypsy shape more than any other as the ideal man's ring and always wanted a three stone version for a pinky ring. All the better that it has a yellow diamond! I will be interested to see if it does in fact appear to be a fancy yellow . . . hard to tell from the photographs.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
I followed your saga about having a ring made to commemorate your mom and felt your frustration when it all didn't work out. And I was super happy for you when you found a gorgeous diamond in its original and unique setting. When I thought it couldn't be any more perfect you added the sapphires. I admit that I didn't think it needed them, but I concede that I was wrong, and it is a work of art now.

In your original search you posted a ring with 3 circles and a cross in the middle one and I thought that was the inspiration ring you were using as your model for your original ring to honor your mom, the one that didn't work out. That's the one that I think this new ring resembles. This new one is so much better, just my humble opinion, and I am super excited for you!

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock
Hi there,
Thanks for your compliments on the ring restoration!

There were a number of gypsy style rings that inspired the final design for the first ring with the OEC and I just revisited that thread. I love the shape of that ring with the three circles! I loved the final design for that ring but the casting kept producing fissures and at one point almost all of the prongs popped off!

I just got a message that the ring will arrive on Saturday. . .

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bluelotus|1420761604|3813777 said:
Hey JCJ, your champagne OEC ring is very cool. Have you posted pics of the 1.5 carat OEC?

I don't think so, but here it is before I had it unset. I bought it from JbG last summer. I have grand plans for it that I can't settle on. :( I am thinking I might just have it reset so I can at least wear & enjoy until I decide for sure at some point.

_25916.jpg

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock
Oh yes, I remember that ring! Very nice, you should definitely have it reset to wear! The stone look very prismatic. I think think the white gold is nice too and the fact that you have those bagettes on either side makes that setting very sharp!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bluelotus|1420885489|3814498 said:
Oh yes, I remember that ring! Very nice, you should definitely have it reset to wear! The stone look very prismatic. I think think the white gold is nice too and the fact that you have those bagettes on either side makes that setting very sharp!

I had thought I might reset the mounting with a bold colored stone because I do like the ring but felt the OEC was lost in the whiteness of it somewhat. I find that here lately, I have been craving some the warm richness of yellow gold, and just wish the current dome/gypsy ring was YG. Then I would have it engraved and reset in a heartbeat. I also have a big stash of smaller old cuts that are in the same color range that I have been saving to use with this OEC in a "one to rule them all" ring. Problem is, I cannot settle on a design. :(sad

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Did you get your new ring? Did you like it?

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock
Sorry not to update you. . . the ring arrived and was very nice looking but the center stone has a chip at the girdle that wasn't included in the seller's description. I had to elevate the return to eBay's resolution center because the seller initially refused to accept a return. . . I found another contender that I will post if I get it. . .

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Bummer about the chip and the seller being stubborn :nono: . I am looking forward to the new one :appl: !

Marina87

Rough_Rock
This is a very unique ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results