shape
carat
color
clarity

Light pink sapphire

TessCho

Rough_Rock
Hi there!

I just ordered this sapphire and was hoping I could get your expert opinions. I have wanted a light pink sapphire for some time and couldn’t pass this one up as it was the right shape, size and color. Luckily I can return it if it doesn’t live up to my expectations. I will update with pictures once the stone arrives but would love to hear your first impressions.

https://www.africagems.com/sapphire-radiant-5-06-201810943.html#yswCart

Thanks so much!

Reactions: AV_

voce

Ideal_Rock
It's large and a nice color, but unfortunately it has a window.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Things I like about it:
It’s hard to find radiant cuts in sapphires
No heat, GIA lab report
Nice large carat weight
Reputable vendor

Things that I feel trepidation about:
It has a large window which may not bother you, but it’s a little too big imo.
It might shift to a more brown color in some lighting so check that out.

Last edited:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. It’s a clear fine pale pink which is lovely.
Yes it has a window, that’s a see through bit in the centre, but that doesn’t worry everyone.
If you love it, that’s what counts.

TessCho

Rough_Rock
Thank you, everyone, for your thoughts. My concern was also the presence of a window. I was hoping that it was just glare in the photo, but I guess that was just wishful thinking since I was so excited about the other qualities of the stone. Thanks again!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I've watched the video a couple of times and think any window that might be there wouldn't bother me, personally. I think it is very lovely!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, everyone, for your thoughts. My concern was also the presence of a window. I was hoping that it was just glare in the photo, but I guess that was just wishful thinking since I was so excited about the other qualities of the stone. Thanks again!
Well YOU have to love it, not me. ;-) If the window doesn’t bother you, then that’s what counts. I just wanted to point it out since windows are often noted on this forum. I have some stones with windows but I love the color so much, they don’t bother me. It depends on the stone.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to point out that if you do keep it, the stone has a very high crown, so double prongs or extra long single prongs are a must. You don’t want to lose a gem!

TessCho

Rough_Rock
Hi all, just to close the loop - The stone was lovely but the window was too prominent for my liking. It also looked more taupe than pink in my lighting/against my skin. Luckily the seller was great to work with and made the return really simple. Thanks again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results