shape
carat
color
clarity

Leuco garnet, like a diamond!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently got my leuco garnet set, it's about 1 ct, and was described as having a color like a K/L colored diamond. I usually only post my rings in the CS forum, but though you guys might like a fancy shaped stone that's a bit of a diamond mimic.

Setting by Hearts of Water, who I LOVEEE working with.

img_12162.jpg

img_12163.jpg

img_12164.jpg

img_12165.jpg

Q

Queenie60

Your ring is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. :love: :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, it's seriously incredible! I love it in all the different lighting situations, it looks lovely in all of them.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I've never seen a Leuko garnet before! How unusual and lovely!!' :love: :love: :love:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Beautifully set!!! You got yourself a rare one...very nice. Looks amazing on you. :appl:

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
That's really interesting. I've never heard of a Leuco Garnet before.

What are its properties? Is it fairly soft? Is it refractive like a diamond? That's an interesting cut too.

Thanks for sharing!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iota15|1467881775|4052452 said:

What are its properties? Is it fairly soft? Is it refractive like a diamond? That's an interesting cut too.

Thanks for sharing!

It's basically a colorless grossular garnet. It is decently hard as far as color stones go, 6.5-7.5 on mohs scale. Generally considered ok for rings (tsavorites are in the same family of garnet). It's not as refractive as a diamond but again, does well for a colored gem stone. About comparable to sapphires.

One of the things I love about colored gems is you can get into all sorts of fun shapes! This ring was part of a 3 ring parcel from hearts of water. I sent her 4 stones to set.

_37727.jpg

_37728.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very interesting - I didn't know such a stone existed! Your ring is very pretty - thanks for sharing!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1467892465|4052480 said:
What a stunning ring!! And it looks so beautiful and flattering on your beautiful hand.
I love your new parcel of rings. Sally did such a great job. Her rings are so well proportioned and feminine but with with a lovely edge. I like :love: :love: :love:

Could you also post your beauties in the Sally HOW thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-show-your-sally-heart-of-water-thread.216691/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-show-your-sally-heart-of-water-thread.216691/[/URL]

Great idea! I just have to pic which photos! Lol

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1467885343|4052460 said:
iota15|1467881775|4052452 said:

Thanks for sharing!

It's basically a colorless grossular garnet. It is decently hard as far as color stones go, 6.5-7.5 on mohs scale. Generally considered ok for rings (tsavorites are in the same family of garnet). It's not as refractive as a diamond but again, does well for a colored gem stone. About comparable to sapphires.

One of the things I love about colored gems is you can get into all sorts of fun shapes! This ring was part of a 3 ring parcel from hearts of water. I sent her 4 stones to set.

Thanks for posting in SMTB! I love the shape of your leuco garnet and the setting is so pretty and unique! Your other gems are beauties too- what kind of gemstones are they?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are a crystal opal , and a tsavorite and welo opal in the wrap ring. It was a garnet and opal themed parcel!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful and I love the setting! Your collection is fabulous!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the cool shape and setting!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results