shape
carat
color
clarity

Letter of Character help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hi all, I''m supposed to write a letter of character for a parent of a student- she is currently in the process of a divorce, and her husband is fighting dirty. In all the years of dealing with this family, I can honestly say I have seen the husband twice, while she is the guiding force of the family. I can vouch for her worth as a parent, and I know she is in the right. Like I said, dealings with this family have numbered at least 5 years. While I have no qualms about writing the letter, I just don''t know HOW. Can someone help me?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
you could probably look online for some sort of general letter writing template to help you...

but really just write about your interactions with the family. talk about how and WHY she is the guiding force of the family, how you have only see the husband twice in 5 years, if/how the kids talk about the mother, does she help them with homework, make them dinner, how and what do you know about how she interacts with them on a daily basis. i wouldn't badmouth the father but just paint the picture of what you have seen in the family.

if it's easiest for you, write it with an intro, then the body, and then a conclusion, like an essay. but in letter form.

actually this link has some great advice, also talks about letter of character for court. gotta love a quick google search.

http://www.businessballs.com/referencesletterssamples.htm

another with some advice:
http://www.boxfreeconcepts.com/reco/character.html

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mara, I appreciate your help. While I''m no slouch in the literary area, this is a new one of me.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results