shape
carat
color
clarity

Lets talk gas ranges

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Exciting topic I know! We''re in the process of choosing one and figured with all the reno projects PSers have done maybe some can share feedback. DCS, Kitchenaid, Wolf, Bertazonni--anyone have experience with these? Thinking 36 inch range right now. Big disparaity in pricing, but curious of real life experiences right now.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I have a 30" kitchenaid dual fuel...its a love/hate relationship. Its about 6 years old and the last two years the oven has broken right before the holidays, and I host Christmas so it is a big problem for me.

1st time: a fan needed to replaced..sounded like the space shuttle was going to blast off in our kitchen...got fixed the week of Christmas just in time.

2nd time: went into self cleaning mode and locked the door while in the baking mode, fortunately I got my holiday cookies out before they got trapped but we had to flip the breaker to turn it off...quite scary. This time it wasn''t fixed until after Christmas. So I had to use my neighbors oven to cook my holiday tenderloin and plan for all other dishes to be stovetop only.

The rest of the time it works great. We have a home warranty so we only have to pay $60 (covers parts and labor), so its just not worth the money to get a new oven.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Yikes, thanks for sharing appletini. Thank goodness you got the warranty.

Did you have a 2nd choice when you made the decision to go w/Kitchenaid?

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
janine i have a bosch gas range, and although i''ve only had it for about 2 yrs now it''s served me well so far with 0 problems!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I don't have a Wolf, but everything I have heard about them has been good.
I love the red knobs

appletini

Ideal_Rock
ahmy post was just eaten by the PS monster.

anyway janine...the previous owners remodeled the kitchen so they chose the appliances. Check out consumer reports and also google various models to see if you find common complaints online. the KA was ranked last (way behind the others) on consumer reports.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I cant remember the brand of ours right now. I know that it isnt one of the top brands though. It was a hand-me-down from DH parents so it is pretty old. We really dont have much trouble at all. Except the one burner will not light unless the other three are already on. PITA, but it works and it was free so we cant and wont complain.

Did you have electric before? Why are you changing?

I want that stove that boils water in 90 seconds. I think it is made by electrolux, which is weird because I thought their niche in the market was vacuums. I think that is electric. Just curious about why you are going gas.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 4:46:51 PM
Author: radiantquest
I cant remember the brand of ours right now. I know that it isnt one of the top brands though. It was a hand-me-down from DH parents so it is pretty old. We really dont have much trouble at all. Except the one burner will not light unless the other three are already on. PITA, but it works and it was free so we cant and wont complain.

Did you have electric before? Why are you changing?

I want that stove that boils water in 90 seconds. I think it is made by electrolux, which is weird because I thought their niche in the market was vacuums. I think that is electric. Just curious about why you are going gas.
We are building a brand new kitchen so everything will be brand new. We''ve always had gas and prefer it..

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Don''t know if you have them in the USA, but I have a Smeg and totally love it. I had one in our last house and when I did the new kitchen here, it was the first thing on my wish list!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results