shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk about CS projects in progress

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately this project has been canceled. The in-process pendant and stone were lost in shipment back to CVB.

Caysie and Frederick were very helpful and accommodating,, and Frederick was able to get a new rough cut by Ryan in an amazing amount of time. Again unfortunately, the new cut gem silica was smaller and didn't have the higher dome that I loved with the original. I'm sure the new stone will find a happy home. I really like this setting for a pendant and may pursue it again if I find a stone for it. For now though, I have enough funding tied up in other projects that I need to finish up.

Oh no!!! I’m so sorry to hear that. I wonder if it might eventually turn up?

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I purchased some inexpensive cabochon pairs and stuller settings for some fun earrings. 20210502_194240.jpg I just need them set now. Here is opal in a yellow gold stud (its just balancing in the setting). I'm also setting some moonstone and prasiolite.
20210502_194526.jpg

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I just received the picture of this candy ring before it is being shipped. The lady hand made the setting, this will be my biggest ring forever I think B2E024F9-28AE-4CDA-811E-BC91B827D610.jpeg

@zhazha would you be willing to share the name of the jeweler?

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately this project has been canceled. The in-process pendant and stone were lost in shipment back to CVB.

Caysie and Frederick were very helpful and accommodating,, and Frederick was able to get a new rough cut by Ryan in an amazing amount of time. Again unfortunately, the new cut gem silica was smaller and didn't have the higher dome that I loved with the original. I'm sure the new stone will find a happy home. I really like this setting for a pendant and may pursue it again if I find a stone for it. For now though, I have enough funding tied up in other projects that I need to finish up.

@remetau This is terrible! I hope it shows up at some point in time. That gem silica was gorgeous and irreplaceable.

Sorry to hear about the MIA package. Fingers and toes crossed that it'll randomly show up soon!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Moms ring by Daniel M is finished...just in time for mothers day! (He shipped it overnight for me! ) Stones are purple spinel for mom, mesmerizing " paraiba blue topaz for dad, ruby for my sister, & emerald for me--
I hope she loves it!
20210505_172911.jpg

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
I'm on a self-imposed gem buying ban, as I've started to hoard too many loose gemstones over the last year. Decided to get what I have set first before acquiring anything new (it's soo hard), so I have several projects going:

(1) Grey & Baby Pink Spinel ring by David Klass
I created a separate thread for this one. The stones have been sent to DK, so just patiently waiting at this point....

(2) Pink Sapphire stacker by DanielM
Purchased an inexpensive small hot pink sapphire from Mastercut Gems (5.8mm x 5mm x 4.7mm deep). It's pretty deep but love the color!
39704.jpg

It's being set into a rose/white gold stacking ring, and he said pictures should be ready soon!!
Pink Sapphire Stacker EW 3.jpg

(3) Lavender Spinel and Tsavorite Halo ring
I already have a smaller round lavender spinel ring, but I saw this one on IG and had to have it :kiss2:. It's a Sri Lankan lavender spinel measuring 8mm x 5.7mm, which to me means "you need to halo it" for better finger coverage. I had some 2.7mm tsavorite melee that were slightly more on the minty side, and I thought they would look good together. My phone just cannot capture purple properly; I would say it shows a little pink in indirect sunlight and more saturated lavender in incandescent light.

Tsav Halo Daylight.jpg

I just received some CADs from DanielM and it's being sent off for casting soon. The spinel is bezel set in rose gold, and the tsavs are set in petal shaped bezels. The shank has a simple blossom shaped engraving, and I'm going nuts with milgrain lately.

Lavender Spinel v2-1.jpg

Lots of finished goodies to post woohoo.

Pink sapphire RG/WG stacker:
Pink Sapphire Stacker.jpg

Set my Mahenge garnet from Precision Gem in a pendant I originally purchased from ID Jewlery a few years ago. I had a pink Tourmaline set it in after I first bought it, but it looked very dark after being set and I rarely wore it. The garnet is so much sparklier and looks fabulous.
Mahenge Pendant.jpg

Glamour shot of my Grey & Pink Spinel ring by David Klass. The package is arriving tomorrow so I don't have any hand shots yet!! The stones all look super saturated compared to my photos and what I remember (must be some amazingly bright lights lol), so can't wait to see how it actually looks in person.
DK Grey Spinel.jpg

I received the Lavender Spinel & Tsavorite ring but there were some issues with it and I had to send it back to DanielM for recasting. Hopefully I'll have it back soonish so will wait to post photos then. I will say though that the finger coverage is fantastic and I love the color combo :love:

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
Inspiration suddenly struck! I’m getting an emerald of mine set by a fantastic goldsmith that does amazing organic-looking hand carved settings. (collage includes an example of one of his works that I was particularly enamored with)

B9B4BF70-60EC-4931-A276-2A69D8E73DAE.jpeg

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
Inspiration suddenly struck! I’m getting an emerald of mine set by a fantastic goldsmith that does amazing organic-looking hand carved settings. (collage includes an example of one of his works that I was particularly enamored with)

I absolutely love this! It is reminiscent of Art Nouveau styles with those beautiful leaves that wrap around the gem. Will you go with 18k for this? I think 18k and emeralds are a match made in heaven!

budmanbudman10

Rough_Rock

I can't decide if I see more leaves or flames in the example ring design - so gorgeous!

Can't wait to see your ring once it's done!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a new butterfly waiting to join the menagerie. It needs to get it's pin put on the back to make it into a brooch. From top to bottom, apatite, Aquamarine, tourmaline and diamonds on the sides set in tri color gold. Pls disregard the fingerprints all over the stones, lol.

IMG_1996.jpg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@Catmom You are the brooch queen & this one is definitely one of my favorites from your collection. Love all blue-green stones, it's just lovely!

As for CS projects besides the three that I have going, which I will later post about once finished....

I just got this lovely neon spinel in the mail! She's from Mahenge & is a mere .57cts & approx. 4.8mm but with her color looks so much bigger in person.

I'm obsessed with her and plan to start designing a feminine swoopy delicate halo with curves (possibly flower-like) & using 1.1-1.3mm diamonds in either buttery 18k yellow gold or rosey pink 14k gold.

Will keep this thread updated on her progress, & also I'm taking name proposals for this lil' gal if you'd like to indulge me :wink2:

IMG_20210521_153458_742.jpg
IMG_20210521_153458_920.jpg IMG_20210521_153458_925.jpg
IMG_20210521_153458_927.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom
Your new butterfly is gorgeous! The stones are lovely - but that gold work! It looks fantastic! Do you know the maker/history?

@LemonMoonLex
That’s stunning! I’d be obsessed with it to, if I were in your shoes! Love the plans you gave for it already - can’t wait to see :)
(GAH! I love your sapphire starburst gypsy ring too)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't expect David Klass to finish my ring so quickly but it is done and I'll be stalking my mailbox. Picture from David of my YAG with lab diamonds in 14k yellow gold. 66468-06.jpg

Gorgeous! I can’t wait to see your hand shots. :kiss2:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom You are the brooch queen & this one is definitely one of my favorites from your collection. Love all blue-green stones, it's just lovely!

As for CS projects besides the three that I have going, which I will later post about once finished....

I just got this lovely neon spinel in the mail! She's from Mahenge & is a mere .57cts & approx. 4.8mm but with her color looks so much bigger in person.

I'm obsessed with her and plan to start designing a feminine swoopy delicate halo with curves (possibly flower-like) & using 1.1-1.3mm diamonds in either buttery 18k yellow gold or rosey pink 14k gold.

Will keep this thread updated on her progress, & also I'm taking name proposals for this lil' gal if you'd like to indulge me :wink2:

Thanks so much! I love the colors too.

@Catmom
Your new butterfly is gorgeous! The stones are lovely - but that gold work! It looks fantastic! Do you know the maker/history?

@LemonMoonLex
That’s stunning! I’d be obsessed with it to, if I were in your shoes! Love the plans you gave for it already - can’t wait to see :)
(GAH! I love your sapphire starburst gypsy ring too)

Thank you. This is the last piece hand forged by a fabulous bench from my favorite Sanibel shop before he died. He would get an idea and sit and make it with no aides or computer designs. It's an honor to have his last piece.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You already know but...I LOVE it! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: It’s such a gorgeous bold reddish pink color and (somehow) it’s going to look even more amazing once set.

Just a few ideas to get you started...:mrgreen:

71E149A7-0B55-4E8F-BB6C-48705D3C9054.jpeg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
You already know but...I LOVE it! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: It’s such a gorgeous bold reddish pink color and (somehow) it’s going to look even more amazing once set.

Just a few ideas to get you started...:mrgreen:

71E149A7-0B55-4E8F-BB6C-48705D3C9054.jpeg

Oh my garden you are amazing!
& Lord Im not quick today, I first looked & was like wow those rings have stones that look so similar to my own stone! :wall: :cool2:
Bahahahaha

Thank you for those! They really helped to envision the piece!
You have my vision perfectly for the ring and my favorites are the top and bottom left!

voce

Ideal_Rock
@LemonMoonLex I'm looking forward to seeing your design! Your spinel is quite special. She practically glows and had an almost magnetic pull.

I acquired a pink-red Mahenge spinel recently, but the next stones I'm getting set are other colors like blue, yellow, green.

Things I have in the works:
1) CRD large cocktail ring in medium toned "traffic light" colors.
2) Custom sapphire, ruby, diamond, emerald, and spinel ring to be revealed in its own thread.

Things I can't wait to get started on (only constrained by my financial limitations):
Paraiba rings and a heliodore custom project.
PXL_20210118_202533401.jpg
0E2A6325 small.JPG
Big and bold art deco? I've already decided on the layout and stones.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@LemonMoonLex I'm looking forward to seeing your design! Your spinel is quite special. She practically glows and had an almost magnetic pull.

I acquired a pink-red Mahenge spinel recently, but the next stones I'm getting set are other colors like blue, yellow, green.

Things I have in the works:
1) CRD large cocktail ring in medium toned "traffic light" colors.
2) Custom sapphire, ruby, diamond, emerald, and spinel ring to be revealed in its own thread.

Things I can't wait to get started on (only constrained by my financial limitations):
Paraiba rings and a heliodore custom project.
PXL_20210118_202533401.jpg
0E2A6325 small.JPG
Big and bold art deco? I've already decided on the layout and stones.

Thank you! I would definitely say that she has a glow to her, so I'm glad others can appreciate that as well. She's one of the only stones I've ever had that appear to face up larger than she really is. Even though she's small she appears more like 5.5 - 6mm to the eye, I'm guessing because of her color & glow.

& I find that ironic, the red queen is setting blue & green & the blue-green queen is purchasing reds & pinks haha :lol:

As for your current customs, "Traffic light" colors sound like emeralds to me so that of course excites me but I'm a little more interested in seeing this SRDES ring! That sounds wonderful & intriguing. I'm wondering how you've worked all five stones into one cohesive design, I'm sure it will be beautiful and bursting with color.

& I remember when you purchased that heliodor! I love the elongated beryl theme you have going on & think that it's only fitting! What metal color were you thinking of going with?
I have only set gems in yellow & rose karat variances but I think that those gems would pop in white!

& I've only ever purchased one paraiba which I set in my rose gold diamond halo. I've learned that she photographs poorly and doesn't really show her true beauty, so I don't post her that often even though she's been a ring that I've worn consistently during this pandemic.

I don't plan on purchasing another anytime soon but when I do I'd like to own a paraiba cabochon. They remind me of candy :lickout:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I would definitely say that she has a glow to her, so I'm glad others can appreciate that as well. She's one of the only stones I've ever had that appear to face up larger than she really is. Even though she's small she appears more like 5.5 - 6mm to the eye, I'm guessing because of her color & glow.

& I find that ironic, the red queen is setting blue & green & the blue-green queen is purchasing reds & pinks haha :lol:

As for your current customs, "Traffic light" colors sound like emeralds to me so that of course excites me but I'm a little more interested in seeing this SRDES ring! That sounds wonderful & intriguing. I'm wondering how you've worked all five stones into one cohesive design, I'm sure it will be beautiful and bursting with color.

& I remember when you purchased that heliodor! I love the elongated beryl theme you have going on & think that it's only fitting! What metal color were you thinking of going with?
I have only set gems in yellow & rose karat variances but I think that those gems would pop in white!

& I've only ever purchased one paraiba which I set in my rose gold diamond halo. I've learned that she photographs poorly and doesn't really show her true beauty, so I don't post her that often even though she's been a ring that I've worn consistently during this pandemic.

I don't plan on purchasing another anytime soon but when I do I'd like to own a paraiba cabochon. They remind me of candy :lickout:

Definitely looking forward to what you will come up with for your spinel. She would look precious surrounded by icy white diamonds and white gold, but I can see her charm enhanced by yellow gold, too, if you don't wear white gold much.

Actually I put quotes around the "traffic light" because the colors aren't true to the color of a traffic light. Red, yellow and green in a traffic light would all be more intense and vivid than the gems I chose (more because they're the right size for this gorgeous CRD setting I liked, and I got so many melee gems from her before this seems the perfect way to use up those 2.5mm and 2mm gems.

I plan to set all of the projects I mentioned into white metals. When the stones themselves are that colorful, I agree with my jewelers that white metals would best being out the contrast.

I remember posting on PS whether I should set the heliodor with a purple spinel I've since set by itself, but I then thought that a nice emerald green would complement the heliodor, while Inken suggested aquamarines. So then I thought, ooh, they're all various shades of beryl, let's have a beryl themed ring! I came up with the layout in late 2019 but postponed this project because we were working on others.

Hm, I suppose I can give you a preview of the SRDES ring. The CAD was just finalized yesterday and I've approved it for casting. Inken says it should be about 2-3 weeks to finish the rest of the process. This ring will get it's own thread when it's done, I'm definitely excited about it!

CAD V7.jpg
The final CAD.
IMG_20191015_005214605.jpg
Initial concept sketch I've since changed a bit.
IMG_20200414_143042.jpg
Sapphire, rubies, emeralds. The spinels are the larger 2mm rounds I swapped out for smaller 1.4mm rounds. Diamonds were sourced later, so not pictured.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results