shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Here I am 48 years old. I was the “it girl” as a teen. After a long term relationship ended, I was left without a thyroid at 34. I immediately started gaining weight. Then I went through early menopause and here I am 48, never married, no children, and getting ready to change my life with gastric bypass surgery. I’m still in the early stages but so far it’s looking good. Right now I can’t walk much outside or walk to friends. I get excruciating back pain that is unbearable. I know this will all change and I’m so eager to get this help, that the 4 month waiting period is really stressful. I’m going for testing of course, but in my mind I think that I’m already there. When I do that, I look in the mirror and get so discouraged. I wish I didn’t have to live the past 7 years trapped in my body. I can’t wait to break free!!!! I can taste the freedom.

My heart aches for you @waffle. Sending you best wishes for your upcoming surgery. Wondering though if you could be a candidate for the new weight loss drugs ie Ozempic? It could be an easier and perhaps safer route to your weight loss goals.

waffle

Shiny_Rock
My heart aches for you @waffle. Sending you best wishes for your upcoming surgery. Wondering though if you could be a candidate for the new weight loss drugs ie Ozempic? It could be an easier and perhaps safer route to your weight loss goals.

Thank you so much! I’m not a candidate. My blood sugar is fine. Plus it may cause thyroid cancer and pancreatitis and I have had both. I’m very excited about the surgery. Thank you for your kind wishes.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband bumped a blown-glass flamingo that was hanging on our calamansi tree in the living room, which was a gift to our daughter from her college Honors program director. (He collects ostriches; she collects flamingos, and they are forever sending each other little bird theme gifts.)
It took us an hour to clean up the tiny shards of broken glass.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought Easter candy for the ferals a week or so ago and hid it in the house so they wouldn't find it. If anyone has any idea of where I might have put it please feel free to scream 'em right out! :lol:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The female osprey on the nest at Hammonasset has a black plastic bag wound around her right foot and so far has not managed to get it off. She's shaken it, she's flown off several times but always returns with the bag still attached.

I saw it happening. She was trying to remove the bag from the nest and stepped into it. At one point if she had pulled her foot back she would have gotten it out, but she stepped forward instead, and now it's between her toes.

The male recently brought her a fish, so at least she is eating, but how can she fish with a bag on her foot?

Stupid human trash.:x2

Screen Shot 2024-04-11 at 6.03.06 PM.png Screen Shot 2024-04-11 at 6.12.39 PM.png

Last edited:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The female is free of the bag!

At 9:36 a.m. she still had it on her foot, but when I looked at the two of them on the nest at 9:58 I didn't see it on her foot where it was previously. I wasn't sure at that point if it was really gone or whether it had just slid further up her leg where it was not visible from that angle. But there was (and still is) a small piece of black plastic flapping at the rear of the nest. So maybe it tore off.

And now the male has arrived on the nest and attempted mating. It is clear that the plastic is gone now.
That is her on the right.

Female on the right; plastic bag is gone from foot.png

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for caring @pearlsngems
And (some) people suck

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Missy.
I love ospreys. They are such good partners to each other, and excellent parents. I've been watching osprey webcams in Estonia for over a decade and this is really consistent.

Meanwhile. ruby throated hummingbirds are migrating. Sightings have been reported north of Philadelphia and are approaching northern NJ. I'll hang my feeder by next weekend, or maybe even sooner. They are starving when they arrive and need food pronto.

Scroll down for 2024 migration map:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Missy.
I love ospreys. They are such good partners to each other, and excellent parents. I've been watching osprey webcams in Estonia for over a decade and this is really consistent.

Meanwhile. ruby throated hummingbirds are migrating. Sightings have been reported north of Philadelphia and are approaching northern NJ. I'll hang my feeder by next weekend, or maybe even sooner. They are starving when they arrive and need food pronto.

Scroll down for 2024 migration map:

I was just thinking about looking at the migration map. I'm in New England so probably have a bit more time to put out the feeders, but not too long. I love it when the hummingbirds arrive!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in CT and until last year I never saw Hummingbirds until early May. Last year they arrived earlier than I expected and were already sighted in our town by the time I put my feeder out.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in CT and until last year I never saw Hummingbirds until early May. Last year they arrived earlier than I expected and were already sighted in our town by the time I put my feeder out.

I'm in MA and last year I saw them in late April, which like you, was earlier than normal. So this year I think I'll do it around the 20th of April thinking they'll be early this year too.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just sent an X-ray of my grandson's hand. Looks like two nasty metacarpal breaks on his dominate hand. Waiting to hear what happened. This will require surgery for sure and must be so painful.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in MA and last year I saw them in late April, which like you, was earlier than normal. So this year I think I'll do it around the 20th of April thinking they'll be early this year too.

I just hung out my feeder. Yesterday the hummingbirds had reached Long Island but today they are all over CT and already in parts of MA.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the heads up. Feeders will go out today!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results