shape
carat
color
clarity

Less Expensive settings for gemstones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Anyone have some good ideas for some less expensive setting for gemstones? I bought the following and don't want to break the bank, but would love some great fairly inexpensive ideas!:

(1) 6.42ct laser cut marquis amethyst

(1) 3.1ct 8mm cushion baby blue topaz /idealbb/images/smilies/love.gif

(11) 3.15 cts. (each about .28 cts) 4mm star shaped Sky Blue tapaz - for a necklace

(1) 8.24 cts. 12mm London Blue Topaz in a radiant trillion shape /idealbb/images/smilies/love.gif

Any good ideas how to set these, especially the trillion, the marquis and the stars in a necklace? THANKS!!! /idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif

I will prbably use white gold, and wondering if anyone had some interesting ways to set the small stars, other than pronged? Invisible setting?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Bump? Anyone? bump?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

mogok

Shiny_Rock
Hello,
Well in Thailand the setting is not that expensive as in the US!
So if you come on holidays here...

All the best,

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Like the Brits and Canadians who buy their diamonds in the states
1.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Mogok, that's actually where my gems are coming from! I found a site that I figured I would try out. They have both real and synthetic, as well as treated stones. I want nice pieces, and one will be set in platinum, and the rest will probably be 14K for now. I WISH I COULD GO VISIT!

Thanks for the site, Strmrdr I am looking for something nice, and not just REALLY cheap seting, and am absolutely willing to get a jeweler to do the settings, but I suppose I meant I wasn't willing to go overboard, like I am now with my e-ring band of finding the perfect mixture of plat and all...

The topaz stars are going to be really pretty, but I thought maybe a thin wire wrap to hold them into a necklace, or a invisible sort of setting? Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results