shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon's pendant in memory of Abby Lee

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
As some of you know, I lost my dear cat Abby Lee this past April. It happened very suddenly and I have missed her dearly. I had often looked at Leon's logo pendant, because my name starts with the letter "m." I usually don't care for letter pendants, but if I were ever to get one, it would have been this one. After Abby died, I wanted to do something to commemorate her death. I happened to look at the pendant again. Instead of seeing the letter "m," I saw the outline of a cat's face. I called my DH to come and take a look. He saw it too. I contacted Leon and told him my story. He was incredibly gracious and sympathetic. He offered to make up this pendant for me. When I received it, I called to thank him. Rachel answered the phone. She asked me how I liked it and told me that Leon wanted it to be perfect for me. Abby's name was engraved on the back of the pendant. I then spoke with Leon for quite awhile. I will always remember his kindness to me. I was able to feel some closure with Abby--a process which still continues. This piece is very special to me.

Leon%202%20004.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

Leon%202%20002.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

Leon%20logo%20pendant%20009%20PS_0.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for allowing me to share my story with you...

Leon%20logo%20close%20up.jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Marian,
What a beautiful piece and I do see the cat outline! Wear it in good health and memory of Abby Lee.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Rising Sun, That turned out beautiful and is such a wonderful remembrance of your beloved friend.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto. I know the feeling of losing a beloved pet and my heart goes out to you. What a beautiful way to carry her with you. *hugs*

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very sad but I'm glad you have a nice piece to remember her by.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marian, what a wonderful remembrance for you. A beautiful and meaningful pendant for a beautiful furbaby.

nice ice

Shiny_Rock
what a beautiful idea, she must have been very special

your pendant is a wonderful tribute

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my - I see a kitty's face in the M, too!

I'm so sorry for your loss, but happy you have such a special rememberance piece.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always noticed the resemblance to a cat in his logo and it is a beautiful tribute to your kitty.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
It's a beautiful pendant to remember your beloved kitty by. It looks great on you.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It's a very lovely piece, and I think it was very nice of Leon to engrave it for you... I do see the kitty face!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty pendant. Thank you for the story about your dear cat. I think the logo looks like a cat's head as well. :wavey:

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much DiaDiva, Decogirl, missydebby, oddeoneout, Catmom, nice ice, Yssie and diamondrnglover. I have noticed that cat lovers have seen the cat image without my saying a word. This thread should have been posted sometime in May, but it was still too painful. Now in mid-August, we have brought another kitten into our home. I have posted pics in the Hangout. After four months, I became ready to move on. A mixture of sadness and happiness, which I wear around my neck.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Many thanks for your kind comments Luckyeshe, Tuckins1 and Fly Girl. Leon's care and compassion made this piece very special to me. He was making it for this purpose and we both acknowledged it. It was an experience I won't forget.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Your new kitten and necklace are both beautiful. I'm sorry you lost your kitty :(sad

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a lovely way to remember your sweet Abby Lee. It's beautiful and she will always be close to your heart.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful, RS...im glad you have something to remember her by...

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
What a nice tribute.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear about Abby Lee. What a lovely reminder of her and I totally see the cat. I've always loved that pendant, as my name starts with an M too. How wonderful that it's even more meaningful than the first letter of your name.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Many thanks to your wonderful comments Sparkly Blonde, Lisa, Blackpaw, Nashville, and T-Gal :)) I have always been drawn to this pendant and I wonder if it was the symbolic cat face the entire time. It is such a meaningful reminder of my sweet Abby Lee. It is kind of strange, but also fitting that I have both this thread and Liza's thread posted at the same time. Although a period of four months have past between the two experiences, it's as if while one door closed, another opened. I then became ready to share this with my PS friends.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh...I have admired that pendant before but NEVER saw the cat...now its clear as day with the little pointy ears!
Very sweet reminder of a dear friend.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Yssie said:
Oh my - I see a kitty's face in the M, too!

I'm so sorry for your loss, but happy you have such a special rememberance piece.

My sentiments exactly. What a wonderful way to remember your furbaby.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful idea, rising sun! Losing a beloved pet can cause such terrible grief. We lost one two years ago and I'm planning on having a ring made with her nick-name inscribed inside the shank. I'm glad this pendant is giving you some comfort.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marian, It's Wonderful! What a sweet way to look in the mirror every day and see your sweet little kitty! And how kind of Leon! I bet it brings a smile to your face every time you see it :D

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
It's a lovely piece in recognition of a very special cat and having her name engraved in the back was a wonderful expression of your love for her.

Sorry to hear about her passing. I too have 2 special cats in my life.

Take care.

Cachette :))

tigian

Ideal_Rock
It's so pretty and special. I'm really sorry for your loss. I have also always thought LM's logo looked like a cat.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results